Speed, depth and bodies in motion

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 76 times

Speed, depth and bodies in motion

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 9:50 pm

Taking up from where we left off last week and the week before. Loving our structure in attack and our youngsters are really starting to blossom all over the park.

Think it is going to be a good year to watch WT, win, lose or draw.

Then again, an hour later, maybe not.


stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:35 pm

We were all over the shop. Just poor play. I thought we were ordinary from the start as well. We scored 2 great tries at the start but we were dropping it and making mistakes everywhere.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:41 pm

formerguest wrote:Taking up from where we left off last week and the week before. Loving our structure in attack and our youngsters are really starting to blossom all over the park.

Think it is going to be a good year to watch WT, win, lose or draw.

Then again, an hour later, maybe not.
What a difference an hour makes! Our forwards could not handle the big Titans forwards relentlessly running straight at them. I hope Joel Edwards, Jesse Parihi and Michael Chee Kam and maybe Rod Griffen are ready to run on for their for their first grade debuts next week. I also hope that Farah and Naquima will also be fully recovered.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:42 pm

I gave JT a wrap last week and it was deserved.
This week I'm kicking him again.
We were very poorly prepared for this game...aweful tactics - bombing their wingers. No energy or enthusiasm. Impatient and boring set plays. We looked disinterested in doing the 1%ers and treated the Titans with zero respect.
Thought we'd turned the corner in these areas. Maybe that was a premature assumption.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:55 pm

stryker wrote:I gave JT a wrap last week and it was deserved.
This week I'm kicking him again.
We were very poorly prepared for this game...aweful tactics - bombing their wingers. No energy or enthusiasm. Impatient and boring set plays. We looked disinterested in doing the 1%ers and treated the Titans with zero respect.
Thought we'd turned the corner in these areas. Maybe that was a premature assumption.
The team has a lot to learn, mentally.


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25132
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 387 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:47 am

None existent fron the 25 min mark...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36254
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:54 am

stryker wrote:I gave JT a wrap last week and it was deserved.
This week I'm kicking him again.
We were very poorly prepared for this game...aweful tactics - bombing their wingers. No energy or enthusiasm. Impatient and boring set plays. We looked disinterested in doing the 1%ers and treated the Titans with zero respect.
Thought we'd turned the corner in these areas. Maybe that was a premature assumption.
With respect I disagree , Brooks killed at least 5 chances that I saw

I think if we stick to the plan and play smart with a good completion rate we win

We just got looser and looser and looser and then the amount of ball the Titans had in good field position took its toll as it always was

We were out on out feet after 30 minutes , never seen a team react like we did when you get zero tackles from your twenty

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:03 am

Brooks, Moses and Ted killed chances. They were just going through the motions and not understanding the strain they were putting on the forwards who up until then we're winning the battle.

The backs poor handling and cheap turnovers caused the pigs to fatigue and lose the ruck.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:06 am

I blame the elections. The guys were probably too focused on the outcome of those to focus on footy.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 7:41 am

stryker wrote:I gave JT a wrap last week and it was deserved.
This week I'm kicking him again.
We were very poorly prepared for this game...aweful tactics - bombing their wingers. No energy or enthusiasm. Impatient and boring set plays. We looked disinterested in doing the 1%ers and treated the Titans with zero respect.
Thought we'd turned the corner in these areas. Maybe that was a premature assumption.
I disagree. The tactics were fine. We should have been up 20-0 after 25. Stupid errors and individual defensive errors cost us. First Titans try was soft and off the back of silly errors. The second try was against the run of play because we tried to force our hand near their line.

We didn't lose this game because of tactics. The players lost this themselves. They believed their own hype and decided to play touch football after being up 10-0.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 7:43 am

stryker wrote:Brooks, Moses and Ted killed chances. They were just going through the motions and not understanding the strain they were putting on the forwards who up until then we're winning the battle.

The backs poor handling and cheap turnovers caused the pigs to fatigue and lose the ruck.
Agree with this post. Although the pigs were guilty of cheap errors too. Lawrence and Woods errors cost us.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:19 am

southerntiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Brooks, Moses and Ted killed chances. They were just going through the motions and not understanding the strain they were putting on the forwards who up until then we're winning the battle.

The backs poor handling and cheap turnovers caused the pigs to fatigue and lose the ruck.
Agree with this post. Although the pigs were guilty of cheap errors too. Lawrence and Woods errors cost us.
It was the whole team wasn't it. It wasn't from trying to play touch footy either. It was just poor play.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 4:17 pm

stryker wrote:Brooks, Moses and Ted killed chances. They were just going through the motions and not understanding the strain they were putting on the forwards who up until then we're winning the battle.

The backs poor handling and cheap turnovers caused the pigs to fatigue and lose the ruck.
I definitely agree that the young halves did not give enough respect to the field position they were afforded.

They really need to get their heads up when the ball is in hand and make the appropriate play for the moment, not what they intended to do before the ball got to them because they were often caught short.
Or, get that couple of steps deeper and give themselves enough time to execute if it's a pre-organised call that needs to be carried out.

Too many times we were put under massive pressure or even points because of a poorly executed attacking play.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6443
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 90 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 4:59 pm

They think all they have to do is throw some long passes and Teddy will either do the rest or put his outside men over in the corner. It is one dimensional,it becomes easy to defend as the other teams start to work out there is no plan B and it becomes risky when they start playing catch up football.

They have to learn how to earn field position and be selective when and when not to roll the dice

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 5:05 pm

Hopefully with Farah back we get a bit more potency around the ruck.

The long sideways sweep plays were ineffective last night the Coast were ready for them.

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:42 pm

I think Farah will definitely help, although might take a couple of weeks to get sharp. When our halves are a little lost like last night, he's another legitimate attacking threat. The whole team looked tired tbh and the forwards didn't do enough close to the line to create the space out wide...we tried to shift it their too early.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”