THUD

happy tiger
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: THUD

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:26 am

Tiger_Legendric wrote:I believe Taylor's use of the bench was really poor. After 30 minutes we had Woods, Tim and Dene all off for a rest. So the kids were left to play and they went for the big plays, and when the momentum shifted due to a lack of possession, there was no one to remind them to play the percentage wins footy. This is the time Rowdy needed to put his hand up and take control, but he had a shocker as well. Hopefully with Robbie back, we will control the middle better...here's hoping.
Didn't Woods come back on and replace Grant if memory serves ??

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:29 am

sideline eye wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Possession 55 v 45. Tells the story. We need to get better at toughing it out when momentum swings. Robbie may help in this regard.
Just as he did last year?
We are diverting again. As only a casual observer over the years I noticed that without Robbie they lost many more games. If that answers your question.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tiger_Legendric

Unread post by Tiger_Legendric » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:47 am

He may have come back Happy, but Tim was gassed and that change was forced. Also, Cherry would have been better served by starting, when our forwards are fresh and denting the line, and we have the license to attack. But Taylor keeps persisting with using Cherry as a sub. Dene is a better defender and we have leaked points in the middle, when we needed to defend. Hopefully with Farah back it gives Taylor more options and he uses the right ones. Just my opinion. Also how good was Martin for the panthers? he is going to be a gun (as we all knew).

Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:57 pm

Bengal Tiger wrote:Welcome back to earth boys,.....
........Kevy and Grant were our two best player's. Mitchell was very soild in defence. Woods, Lawrence and Lovett were very poor.
Yeah,back to reality,its going to be a long season with what amounts to a basically Reserve grade Fwd. pack. Big test against Parra. next week,if their Fwds run over the top of us and rattle up 30+ then its a battle for the wooden spoon you would think.
My Neville Nobody opinion is there are some + signs with our attack compared to last season and it will be interesting to see what happens with Robbie back.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Ball control lost that game.
We kept turning over cheap territory and the middle guys gassed out defending the inept play from the backs.
It took over half an hour before we missed a tackle. Once we started missing them we struggled to stop as our workload became too much to handle.

The turnaround and humidity and every other excuse would not have came into play if we controlled the pill. Brooks let us down in this regard as did Woodsys leadership. He ain't a captains backside I'm afraid.
Sorry couldn't resist

Hour and half = 90 minutes

2 halves of footy = 80 minutes

So we kept them scoreless ??
What are you on about?

jirskyr
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:20 pm

I would be curious to know how we appeared to have so much energy in the last 10 minutes. Suddenly the forwards were taking big carries again, we got the momentum, we got penalties, we scored 2 tries late.

It can't be subbing or personnel, because Woods and Grant and Sue were all subbed back on at the time the Titans were walking in tries.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:26 pm

jirskyr wrote:I would be curious to know how we appeared to have so much energy in the last 10 minutes. Suddenly the forwards were taking big carries again, we got the momentum, we got penalties, we scored 2 tries late.

It can't be subbing or personnel, because Woods and Grant and Sue were all subbed back on at the time the Titans were walking in tries.
I honestly think it just comes down to poor play for a long period of time by the team but more importantly individual players. Players just dropped balls, threw bad passes and took the wrong option.

Maybe Woods isn't the best option for captain but maybe that is being a bit harsh. I do think Moses is at this point our most reliable playmaker/leader. That is a pretty sad comment regarding Woods, Farah and Brooks but that is how it appears to me. Tedesco is a gun but I think his role is a little different.

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bob » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:37 pm

stryker wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
We kept turning over cheap territory and the middle guys gassed out defending the inept play from the backs.
It took over half an hour before we missed a tackle. Once we started missing them we struggled to stop as our workload became too much to handle.

The turnaround and humidity and every other excuse would not have came into play if we controlled the pill. Brooks let us down in this regard as did Woodsys leadership. He ain't a captains backside I'm afraid.
Sorry couldn't resist

What are you on about?
I think there was a mistake in reading "it took over half an hour" was read as "it took an hour and a half"

hobbo
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:

Sorry couldn't resist

:crazy

Some of your best work happy :lol:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:59 pm

The attack is very one dimensional,they do not seem to have any plays around the ruck, everything goes out to the right flank. I remember a few years ago when the Dragons were the same, it worked for a while and than everyone found out how to defend it and they had nothing else.

Don't get me wrong it was not our attack that lost us the game, it was a combination of everything,but if I had to point my finger at one thing it would be our thread bear defence up the middle

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:22 pm

From what I saw our execution was off except for the first try. This then lead to poor pass decisions which lead to losing possession. We then lose field position and we hung tough until Mortimer's try. Then we played poorly for 30 minutes, and regained some confidence at the end. Maybe it was just one of those nights. We will see against Para.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:41 pm

It doesn't matter who we play or how well we're playing or how far we're in front, this team always has the feeling that the opposition could score at any moment, as a supporter you're never confident at any stage during the game and that's what has to change if we are to ever make the 8 and be contenders. If we can feel it as supporters, the players feel it also trust me. There's just no confidence in their ability to turn teams away consistently.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 334 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:49 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Sorry couldn't resist

Happy does not Math...that has been established since TIME..immaterial....

Stryker pretty much summed it up...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:59 pm

Geo. wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Sorry couldn't resist

Happy does not Math...that has been established since TIME..immaterial....

Stryker pretty much summed it up...
Happy does Maths , just did 2 hours with young EB Bloody hell , the way they do Maths today , bloody overcomplicate it Backtracking :shock: I just worked it out and gave you the answer and now you want me to do it backwards , maybe you'd like it explained in Japanese as well

Happy did misread , sorry Stryker My bad

Not completing our sets killed us and turnovers due to the poor decision making were shocking , especially when it costs you 3 tries

sideline eye
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:38 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
sideline eye wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Possession 55 v 45. Tells the story. We need to get better at toughing it out when momentum swings. Robbie may help in this regard.
Just as he did last year?
We are diverting again. As only a casual observer over the years I noticed that without Robbie they lost many more games. If that answers your question.
On and on goes your Robbie man crush.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Masterton » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:47 pm

Mancrush aside, I imagine we should be calmer and defensively sturdier with Farah back.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 2:37 pm

A bit of an over-reaction from some.

Did people think this side was going to go through undefeated and be essentially perfect throughout.

Two weeks ago everyone was saying we stink and will be contenders for the spoon. We don't look anything like that.

They made too many mistakes, as they will from time to time.

Apart from that, we still looked like a good team. Our defensive structures looked good. We looked good with the ball in hand.

We made mistakes, we got tired and let them get on a role, happend to the Broncos who look like the team to beat this year.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 2:42 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Sorry couldn't resist

I think has something to do with daylight saving - its that extra hour that gets Qlders all the time.

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”