THUD

LCA

Re: THUD

Post by LCA » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:06 am

I thought we seemed less organised and potent when Cherrington came on? Halatau starting as hooker has worked well but not sure Cherrington's style maintains that momentum. Early days though.

Bengal Tiger

Post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:46 am

Welcome back to earth boys, a game we should of won with a 10- 0 lead and to blow like that wow. No steel no grit we didn't want to get down and dirty still want to put on the flash plays. No respect for the ball, we must of turned it over on the first or second tackle like five times or more. An absolutely no pride in our defence line.
Couldn't see much leadership out there we look lost most of the time. Don't give me the old chest nut , short turn around crap every team goes through it.
Like others have mentioned what was plan B when then flash plays dont come of. We simply can't role up the sleeves and get down and dirty and grind out a win.
Kevy and Grant were our two best player's. Mitchell was very soild in defence. Woods, Lawrence and Lovett were very poor.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:26 am

Learn from this game, and put in measures so as it wont happen again.

Also stop conceding points in the period of 5 min before and after half time. :brick: :deadhorse: :rant
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:46 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
stryker wrote:Ball control lost that game.
We kept turning over cheap territory and the middle guys gassed out defending the inept play from the backs.
It took over half an hour before we missed a tackle. Once we started missing them we struggled to stop as our workload became too much to handle.

The turnaround and humidity and every other excuse would not have came into play if we controlled the pill. Brooks let us down in this regard as did Woodsys leadership. He ain't a captains backside I'm afraid.
Sorry to say have told you so, they are captainless as far as I am concerned
Oh, we had exceptional captains, Farah & Marshall - just to mention Warriors and Parra games a few years back :mrgreen:
At least Farah would have got up them when they started leaking points.
Woods is a good player and may be respected by the other players - but that doesn't always mean you will be a good captain.
It's a young team and they need direction.
Woods didn't even query the ref when he got penalised himself.
If they are looking to the future and don't want Farah they should give the job to Moses.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:56 am

Please

Calm down

Moses! Lol

Woods had had 3 weeks and you've sacked him... Looking to the future indeed.. Hahaha

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:08 am

innsaneink wrote:Please

Calm down

Moses! Lol

Woods had had 3 weeks and you've sacked him... Looking to the future indeed.. Hahaha
You could tell after one week, Ink.
Much as I like him as a player he's not a captain at present.
Have you seen him even once getting the players together behind the sticks and revving them up?
Or going to the ref and standing up for his team?
Moses does all the talking already - he hates to lose and is not shy on getting up someone who needs a kick along.
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Woods gives the job back to Farah.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:09 am

Possession 55 v 45. Tells the story. We need to get better at toughing it out when momentum swings. Robbie may help in this regard.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:20 am

We've conceded
Rd 1 26
Rd 2 22
Rd 3 30
We won't win half our games by conceding an average of 26 points a game

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:35 am

Meh.
I stated in an earlier post that THIS game was the teller. All the excuses in the world won't do it. This team has no heart.

Big leads make no difference if you haven't got the heart or desire to defend them.

Same 'ol, same 'ol I'm afraid. Another season of a couple of big scalps followed by losing to weaker teams and throw in a few big floggings.

We do not have a group of players that can successfully defend any lead for long periods.

Nuff said
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:37 am

tiga4eva wrote:We've conceded
Rd 1 26
Rd 2 22
Rd 3 30
We won't win half our games by conceding an average of 26 points a game
Perhaps we are we trying to re-invent Sheens-ball?
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:14 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
We kept turning over cheap territory and the middle guys gassed out defending the inept play from the backs.
It took over half an hour before we missed a tackle. Once we started missing them we struggled to stop as our workload became too much to handle.

The turnaround and humidity and every other excuse would not have came into play if we controlled the pill. Brooks let us down in this regard as did Woodsys leadership. He ain't a captains backside I'm afraid.
Just pushing your Farah agenda again - save your breath - JT ain't listenin'

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:25 am

Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Just pushing your Farah agenda again - save your breath - JT ain't listenin'
My thread was Woods, Farah or Who. The who part was because with my limited knowledge of all players I could not think of any alternatives. That is virtually still the case if we consider Moses too early but maybe you could nominate someone else.

Strictly speaking it had nothing to do with Farah, only when I heard it was Woods immediately I felt a THUD in my common sense department. Before that I was actually relieved when Farah gave up the captaincy to ease pressure in the JT/RF crisis for the team.

I don't know if it was the coach who chose Woods or if a collective decision only I thought they were making a massive amateur mistake. If you nominate JT who chose Woods then it is more reason for his judgement to be seriously questioned.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:36 am

I don't think we can blame this on errors, Titans had just as many. They had twice as many missed tackles too which means we should've had plenty of attacking opportunities, we just didn't capitalise on them like the Titans did. That second half they blitzed us, and we still seem to lack urgency in defence for 40-60 minute window.

While disappointing, I think this can be rectified for the Eels game.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:58 am

Sorry couldn't resist

Hour and half = 90 minutes

2 halves of footy = 80 minutes

So we kept them scoreless ??

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:09 am

notarealtiger wrote:I don't think we can blame this on errors, Titans had just as many. They had twice as many missed tackles too which means we should've had plenty of attacking opportunities, we just didn't capitalise on them like the Titans did. That second half they blitzed us, and we still seem to lack urgency in defence for 40-60 minute window.

While disappointing, I think this can be rectified for the Eels game.
The second tryscorer for titans was a forward who kept yelling out to his team mates "Go straight "immediately after he scored. He knew exactly where the Wests Tigers chink was.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:12 am

It was a classic case of us coming off two big wins, going into a game we're expected to win, getting a couple early tries and slipping into the mindset of thinking its going to be a walk in the park. Woods looks lifeless running the ball, doesn't even look for an offload. Noffa was one of our best players I thought last night, but that non attempt at taking the bomb that conceded a try was pathetic. It was a mistake that would have even been embarrassing by Holden Cup standards.

Tiger_Legendric

Post by Tiger_Legendric » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:23 am

I believe Taylor's use of the bench was really poor. After 30 minutes we had Woods, Tim and Dene all off for a rest. So the kids were left to play and they went for the big plays, and when the momentum shifted due to a lack of possession, there was no one to remind them to play the percentage wins footy. This is the time Rowdy needed to put his hand up and take control, but he had a shocker as well. Hopefully with Robbie back, we will control the middle better...here's hoping.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:25 am

larrycorowa wrote:Possession 55 v 45. Tells the story. We need to get better at toughing it out when momentum swings. Robbie may help in this regard.
Just as he did last year?