Home truths.

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Home truths.

Unread post by Bob » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:00 am

One loss won't define a season but some things are becoming obvious that will need to be fixed.

Moses needs to get the tap on the shoulder - 55% isn't good enough to keep the goal kicking duties. Give it to someone else with less on field responsibilities who can put in some intense training. It hasn't cost us a game yet, it's only time.

We need Farah - his defence is missed up the middle. I still personally think he is the best defensive hooker in the game.

Cherry needs practice - if he is left holding the mantle in Farah's origin absence we will lose by plenty. He has some attackimg talent, but similar to most players that have made the step up his defence is abysmal. It's not coincidence that we leak points in gaps. It has to do with our bench rotations and we faulted everytime when he is on. I'm not saying he won't get there, however it's not happening this season. I would highly doubt he can manage the run on role next season either.

However the team is starting to gell, if we are proactive we will be seeing some finals footy.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:06 am

Bob wrote:One loss won't define a season but some things are becoming obvious that will need to be fixed.

Moses needs to get the tap on the shoulder - 55% isn't good enough to keep the goal kicking duties. Give it to someone else with less on field responsibilities who can put in some intense training. It hasn't cost us a game yet, it's only time.

We need Farah - his defence is missed up the middle. I still personally think he is the best defensive hooker in the game.

Cherry needs practice - if he is left holding the mantle in Farah's origin absence we will lose by plenty. He has some attackimg talent, but similar to most players that have made the step up his defence is abysmal. It's not coincidence that we leak points in gaps. It has to do with our bench rotations and we faulted everytime when he is on. I'm not saying he won't get there, however it's not happening this season. I would highly doubt he can manage the run on role next season either.

However the team is starting to gell, if we are proactive we will be seeing some finals footy.
We need to contest bombs a lot more positively , letting balls bounce is totally unacceptable

guyofthetiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
Bob wrote:One loss won't define a season but some things are becoming obvious that will need to be fixed.

We need to contest bombs a lot more positively , letting balls bounce is totally unacceptable
It's been so long since we've ever done that well.

We'd have been the worst team in defending the high ball for years straight surely.

I immediately think of some shockers by Lawrence when at centre.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:19 am

Not a whole lot has changed from last year. The younger guys have been getting more experience which is good but we will come good eventually. This year is a little premature. We played a manly side that had a host of new players and coach (patch work side) and a warriors team full of new stars and egos.

We will get beaten again by Parra as well. I can't see a win, as much as i'd like to I am being realistic..i don't know why people thought we would beat the titans..they have a solid side.

hobbo
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:22 am

tsjonathan wrote:Not a whole lot has changed from last year. The younger guys have been getting more experience which is good but we will come good eventually. This year is a little premature. We played a manly side that had a host of new players and coach (patch work side) and a warriors team full of new stars and egos.

We will get beaten again by Parra as well. I can't see a win, as much as i'd like to I am being realistic..i don't know why people thought we would beat the titans..they have a solid side.
Titans are a garbage side .
We were a Cesspit tonight !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”