When Buchanan Came On

stevied

When Buchanan Came On

Post by stevied » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:04 am

Did anyone notice that when Buchanan came on the whole team's performance dipped? Obviously, there are many factors that can explain the disappointing result, the main one being that the team played poorly from the 30 minute mark. However, I noticed that the Tigers lost their go forward for the long period Grant was off then lifted again at the end when he was on. He is a gun and has already become an essential part of the team with his direct, powerful running and 100% effort. Conversely, Buchanan provides nothing and should not be in the squad in my opinion. Surely there is at least one prop in the lower grades who could provide more and deserves a chance.

Bengal Tiger

Post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 7:03 am

He wasn't that bad but he offers very little in spark and lift coming of the bench.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 7:37 am

Everyone must have got Buchanan disease.

Stupid thread.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 7:45 am

Bengal Tiger wrote:He wasn't that bad but he offers very little in spark and lift coming of the bench.
Agreed it wasnt Buchanan coming on which turned it around we where going nowhere before he came on.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:06 am

He didn't do much and is definitely a plodder, but I don't think he has much influence on any top level game. The absence of Tim Grant prior to halftime and then until they had scored the last of their unanswered thirty points was most critical for mine. He has been a great plug for us in the middle and we missed him badly, just as we often got owned when Keefy was off the field last season.

Their bench was much more effective than ours and our captain had a rare poor night as well which did not help. I also think a fatigued Lovett late in the first half struggled to maintain his intensity and contributed to us conceding yet another try nearing halftime. I don't blame him as he has been putting in and note that Taylor replaced him as he looked tired again as the second half progressed.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:41 am

I notice when Buchanan comes on everyone else in the teams forgets how to play footy and are reduced to blithering idiots. Cheer girls lose coordination and forget how to dance. Meat pies are burnt in the canteen and some windows jam up. People are advised to stay indoors and avoid using heavy machinery until he subs back off.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:56 am

Ok, ok, maybe the main point was that we missed Grant and that he was off the field for too long. Also, like a lot of people, I do believe that Buchanan is a waste of space off the bench....I was a little frustrated with the team's performance and felt compelled to write something. Sorry!

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:04 am

Buchannan made 13 tackles with no misses in only 18 minutes, we hardly had the ball when he was on so I'm not sure you can blame him for what happened

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:42 am

stats dont lie of course.

but the difference in class between buchanan and the other forwards is noticeable.

the titans werent shaking in their boots when he came on.

i thought lovett played okay,but again ,one of the teams lesser talents.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:49 am

Buchanan is ordinary. Everyone pretty much agrees there, but blaming him for last night isn't on.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:52 am

We were already gone when Buchanan came on

Another player who is either a starter or nothing

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:58 am

The game has become a power game. Guys like Buchanan, Lovett and even Siro dont fit this bill. They dont have the natural power to compete with other forward packs.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:01 pm

king sirro wrote:The game has become a power game. Guys like Buchanan, Lovett and even Siro dont fit this bill. They dont have the natural power to compete with other forward packs.
I think that is right when you talk about your bench players KS

Tiger_Legendric

Post by Tiger_Legendric » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:08 pm

Also remember Ryan James came off the bench, that was smart coaching, using your best when we had our plodders. Also leaking 5 tries in like 25 minutes is not NRL standard that was just poor. We need ball runners in the middle that lift the energy of the team, by running hard and straight or make a big impact tackles in defense (i.e. Beau Scott), and we are missing this with Ava and Buchanan.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:21 pm

king sirro wrote:The game has become a power game. Guys like Buchanan, Lovett and even Siro dont fit this bill. They dont have the natural power to compete with other forward packs.
I haven't really knocked Lovett that much but I think you have a point here. You need forwards that can get us rolling forward and I don't think Lovett has the speed or leg drive.

Sironen may still turn into a good player but his time to show this is running out.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:52 pm

We fell into our usual trap of putting on the party hats and cracking out the bubbly once we got an early lead. Mentally we were very poor and erased much of our new-found steel from weeks 1 and particularly last week, weak-as effort to get owned physically and mentally by a pretty ordinary side in the Titans.
A massive let down as a supporter. At least it will have the boys primed and with their heads back out of their clackers for the Parra game, I feel we would of been in for a real hiding if we were getting lauded as champions all this week in the media, now we have a point to prove again and earn some respect as a genuine club with a bit of starch in it.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:29 pm

Buchanan hardly did anything wrong.

We lost it by ill-discipline right on half time, came back out unprepared and got blown away, could not recoved.

JT subbed the experience players back on and it did nothing, took them another 20 minutes to recompose and get Tigers back on the front foot.

barra

Post by barra » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 4:32 pm

We are one quality forward short. Preferably a big one that gives great impact off the bench.

Please buy this player asap, we can't carry Buchanan/Lovett in the same team - especially when Siro is there too.