When Buchanan Came On

southerntiger

Re: When Buchanan Came On

Post by southerntiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 5:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:Buchanan hardly did anything wrong.

We lost it by ill-discipline right on half time, came back out unprepared and got blown away, could not recoved.

JT subbed the experience players back on and it did nothing, took them another 20 minutes to recompose and get Tigers back on the front foot.
In fact Jack was actually one of the few guys who can hold is head high. He busted his ring in defence. I wish people would actually watch games rather than just single out the lesser lights. Teams very rarely lose because of one player.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 5:33 pm

southerntiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Buchanan hardly did anything wrong.

We lost it by ill-discipline right on half time, came back out unprepared and got blown away, could not recoved.

JT subbed the experience players back on and it did nothing, took them another 20 minutes to recompose and get Tigers back on the front foot.
In fact Jack was actually one of the few guys who can hold is head high. He busted his ring in defence. I wish people would actually watch games rather than just single out the lesser lights. Teams very rarely lose because of one player.
ST most fans wouldn't know what they should be looking for to be totally honest

They see 8 tries to 3 and think all is good

All is far from good at the WT's and most wouldn't know it

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 5:50 pm

Buchanan did his job...he is better than Ben Creagh..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:55 pm

Buchanan isn't the problem as much as our depth in the forwards is an issue. We're missing two guys right (Farah and Siro)? Our replacements for them are Lovett playing 60+ mins and Jack Buchanan. That's it. That's our Plan B. We're a year or two away on that front, waiting for our young NSW cup players to develop.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 7:45 pm

king sirro wrote:The game has become a power game. Guys like Buchanan, Lovett and even Siro dont fit this bill. They dont have the natural power to compete with other forward packs.
Lovett and Sirro have been good.

Singling out Buchanan seems unfair.

But 3 weeks in row when our bench came on, we have lost our way. Mainly defensively , but our go forward stalls as well.

Might be worth investigating altering our rotation to ensure one of our starting 3 middle men is always on
Or even 2 of 3 at all times.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 7:59 pm

Jack really doesnt do much for me when he comes on....but then again I dont find myself cursing him when he IS on

Says he made 13 tackles and two runs in his 18 minutes with no misses.....he came on when the tide and possession turned

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:14 pm

Buchanan is trash.

Surely there is better depth out there we could sign instead of him....

MEHHHH
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.