Brooks

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Brooks

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:56 pm

After the first ten minutes they ran out of gas, not making excuses for Brooks but he had very little forward momentum to work off. I am willing to give him another couple of weeks before I start bagging him

Black Orange White

Unread post by Black Orange White » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:16 pm

Brooks has not been good since his debut. I don't see the vision and spark in him that great halves play with. He seems to pre plan everything he does in a bad way, not to mention his lack of game IQ.

He's a fan favourite, but I'd let him go honestly and give Moses the reigns with a running half. Someone like Austin...

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:25 pm

Black Orange White wrote:Brooks has not been good since his debut. I don't see the vision and spark in him that great halves play with. He seems to pre plan everything he does in a bad way, not to mention his lack of game IQ.

He's a fan favourite, but I'd let him go honestly and give Moses the reigns with a running half. Someone like Austin...
Or Rankin. Think he'd be a goer in the halves.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:27 pm

Black Orange White wrote:Brooks has not been good since his debut. I don't see the vision and spark in him that great halves play with. He seems to pre plan everything he does in a bad way, not to mention his lack of game IQ.

Moses and Austin could be a great combination couldn't it.

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:28 pm

I did not think Brooks was particularly bad, or singled-out for badness, last night.

All of Broses, Tedesco, Nofo and Rankin took consistently bad options. Simona did some great stuff but managed one or two shockers as well.

Rankin I cannot work out, he was timid as cold pea soup in the first half, but his hitups were suddenly effective around the 60 minute mark. He went from getting smashed backwards every time to 3-4 hitups where he almost went through the line. I don't like the way he saunters up to the defence with his carries, much too casual and easy to pick off.

Nofo is great in traffic, but his defence is still ??? That non-jump on McDonald, just makes you wonder where his head is at sometimes. He literally lines the guy up, Frozone and I think Lawrence run blocks, and then Nofo realises he's wearing his cement boots, pats McDonald on the bum on the way through.

Tedesco and Broses were guilty of executing regardless of what was in front. They sort of always have been. When we roll forward well and the opposition is gassed or being dragged laterally, they are great at slicing through.

When the opposition is defensively composed, we still execute as if they are shot to bits. Siro was doing it Rd 1 with a few poor offloads, last night Simona offloaded unnecessarily. Tedesco and Brooks both tried to drop the ball on the toe in desperation of a play gone sour.

It suddenly gelled again at 75 minutes, but we appear impatient to tone the play down a little when the opposition is defending well.

And what then about the teams that feel they have us defensively controlled, keep their line, we don't dominate... they weather that 20 or 30 minute storm and then turn the game on us. I am talking about disciplined sides like Cowboys, Broncos, Storm.

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 4:16 pm

Can't wait until Moses gets the 7 jersey and either Littlejohn or rankin at 6
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 4:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Nofo is great in traffic, but his defence is still ??? That non-jump on McDonald, just makes you wonder where his head is at sometimes.

Tedesco and Broses were guilty of executing regardless of what was in front. They sort of always have been. When we roll forward well and the opposition is gassed or being dragged laterally, they are great at slicing through.

When the opposition is defensively composed, we still execute as if they are shot to bits. Siro was doing it Rd 1 with a few poor offloads, last night Simona offloaded unnecessarily. Tedesco and Brooks both tried to drop the ball on the toe in desperation of a play gone sour.

And what then about the teams that feel they have us defensively controlled, keep their line, we don't dominate... they weather that 20 or 30 minute storm and then turn the game on us. I am talking about disciplined sides like Cowboys, Broncos, Storm.
This is what I hope the coaching staff are working on. The common denominator is age. They need to be able to think on their feet at the line, not continue to execute a hopeless attacking plan.

Tedesco is typically less guilty but Brooks is very guilty of this, as Siro seems to be too often. It's like they forget that it's an NRL defence coming at them instead of a NYC line they're running at!

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:17 pm

Sometimes Brooks appears to lack the vision of Moses. Some of those horrible short balls that go forward or see the back rower smashed look robotic. I still think there both going to be great players though.

I actually thought most the bombs were well executed. They landed inside the 15 and gave time for th chase to get right up in their face.

The main reason we lost yesterday was not respecting the ball and after we got 10-0 i think we wanted to take the oft option and just hoped it would happen.

Chevy
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Chevy » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:38 pm

I didn't think either of them was very good last night.[/quote]

I thought the same,without a platform set by the forwards both struggled where as the young GC half out shone both of them due to his teams go forward.

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Swordy » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:55 pm

supercoach wrote:After the first ten minutes they ran out of gas, not making excuses for Brooks but he had very little forward momentum to work off. I am willing to give him another couple of weeks before I start bagging him
Went to the game last night, but watched the game on tv today. TV did not give anywhere near the impression of how tired we were compared to live. Players hunched over in backplay, walking not getting into position quick enough.

After 10 minutes, everyone where i sat could see it, both sets of supporters.

We just gassed, and were never going to recover. Cant blame one guy, there was no one much good. 5 day turnaround, interstate, very humid. It killed us. Nothing else.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:11 pm

Swordy wrote:
supercoach wrote:After the first ten minutes they ran out of gas, not making excuses for Brooks but he had very little forward momentum to work off. I am willing to give him another couple of weeks before I start bagging him
Went to the game last night, but watched the game on tv today. TV did not give anywhere near the impression of how tired we were compared to live. Players hunched over in backplay, walking not getting into position quick enough.

We just gassed, and were never going to recover. Cant blame one guy, there was no one much good. 5 day turnaround, interstate, very humid. It killed us. Nothing else.
Yeah i mentioned the same thing , from the 30 minute mark we were gone and being at the game you could see it swordy just like you said.
In the last 5 minutes of the 1st half Titans got a scrum 30 metres out from our line and Chris Lawrence was packing in the front row and was hunched over sucking in the big ones and pointed to the screen and i think he said to a team mate we have 35 seconds with the shot clock counting before hunching back over for breath .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:40 pm

The kicking games of both halves worry me. Repeat sets seem to come from luck rather than well placed kicks.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:43 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Swordy wrote:

Yeah i mentioned the same thing , from the 30 minute mark we were gone and being at the game you could see it swordy just like you said.
In the last 5 minutes of the 1st half Titans got a scrum 30 metres out from our line and Chris Lawrence was packing in the front row and was hunched over sucking in the big ones and pointed to the screen and i think he said to a team mate we have 35 seconds with the shot clock counting before hunching back over for breath .
Both teams played under the same conditions right , both had the same amount of subs

Blaming the weather is a cop out

My sons team played a game yesterday with one sub in 32 degrees heat and he wasn't subbed once

I didn't hear one parent complaining that there team was better or worse off in the conditions

Yet we have grown men whose conditioning is partly their own responsibility and knew 3 months ago this game was being played and we are making excuses for them

Please ..................... :roll:

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:51 pm

Harvey wrote:The kicking games of both halves worry me. Repeat sets seem to come from luck rather than well placed kicks.
Brooks came into the NRL with a reputation of having a great long and short kicking game,I have seen most of his games since he has come into grade,both u20s and NRL and I can not remember to many good short attacking kicks. He has kicked at least one important 40/20 but on the whole his long kicking game has not been much better.

Moses has a pretty good bomb,but short and long kicking game is nothing out of the box. Of course it has to be remembered these kids are only still wet behind the ears,if your worried go and have a look at a few of JT's games when he was at the Dogs and look were he is today. Things take time

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:55 pm

happy tiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Swordy wrote:

Both teams played under the same conditions right , both had the same amount of subs

My sons team played a game yesterday with one sub in 32 degrees heat and he wasn't subbed once

I didn't hear one parent complaining that there team was better or worse off in the conditions

Yet we have grown men whose conditioning is partly their own responsibility and knew 3 months ago this game was being played and we are making excuses for them

Oh dear... yes I am sure U 10's is played at the same intensity of NRL football week in week out..I think I need to call child protection making them play with no interchange...is that even legal... :?

Awe at least I got a bigger laugh outta this than it was past there bedtime... :lol:

Brooks again did some good things and some not so good...I like the fact he ran a lot more but after the 1st crash ball for Rowdy he should have put it away and played out the back...Simona at least twice would have had time and space...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Swordy wrote:

Oh dear... yes I am sure U 10's is played at the same intensity of NRL football week in week out..I think I need to call child protection making them play with no interchange...is that even legal... :?

Awe at least I got a bigger laugh outta this than it was past there bedtime... :lol:

Brooks again did some good things and some not so good...I like the fact he ran a lot more but after the 1st crash ball for Rowdy he should have put it away and played out the back...Simona at least twice would have had time and space...
What a stupid comment seriously Geo

Kid on the field next to ours from our club got heat stroke and was rushed to the Hospital by ambulance and is still in Hospital it was that bad , no breeze just watching the game was unbearable

Like their heroes they play to the highest possible fitness level they can and don't give up .....

And by the way with everyone talking about 5 day turnarounds .....

We played the Titans two seasons ago in the worst heat I ever seen a game played in my life

And then backed up and smashed the Rabbits 5 days later

Again Please ............ :roll:

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:09 pm

Good Grief ...Stop the game...where is the responsibility? Sounds to me like Parents playing out their failed fantasies through there kids if they are pushing them to play in extreme conditions...where is the duty of Care,,In MCS the rules are we stop it...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:15 pm

Geo. wrote:Stop the game...where is the responsibility?
Did they stop the Titans game or move the schedule to a later time .......

It literally happened in the last few minutes , and that field gets the breeze , as gentle as it was

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”