Brooks

Geo.

Re: Brooks

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:21 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Stop the game...where is the responsibility?
Did they stop the Titans game or move the schedule to a later time .......

It literally happened in the last few minutes , and that field gets the breeze , as gentle as it was
You are seriously comparing NRL footy to kids footy..kids welfare comes 1st.....Of course they will not call off an NRL game..I'm done...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:53 pm

Maybe we could look at getting a couple of them as interchange players. Sounds like they handle the conditions better than us.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:44 am

Harvey wrote:Maybe we could look at getting a couple of them as interchange players. Sounds like they handle the conditions better than us.
And they won't cost us an arm and a leg either. :mrgreen:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:04 am

Geo. wrote:Good Grief ...Stop the game...where is the responsibility? Sounds to me like Parents playing out their failed fantasies through there kids if they are pushing them to play in extreme conditions...where is the duty of Care,,In MCS the rules are we stop it...
Firstly where we sit is probably over 100 metres away at least from where the kids on the bench are , and seeing both our Under 13 and Under 14 bench players were sitting under a gazebo , so you couldn't tell who was who

Secondly unless you are an official you can't enter the area between the two fields

Thirdly I thought we had a second sub , but turned out he was injured and was only wearing his jersey for the sake of it , when I got up close post match noticed he had thongs on

And last of all , I don't make that call , but I know many complaints are going to be made to the GDJRL , we get either the 12.30 pm or 1.40 pm game every week as the oldest age groups who play Saturdays

As I mentioned to the Ground Official last season (who I've known as a friend of my Mrs brother since I moved to Gladstone ) is the simple solution is to play a few games on the actual Marley Brown Oval (which backs onto the Junior fields) and the kids love playing on the main seniors field , and you'd get earlier start times for the Under 13/14's , even if it was 11.30 pm

But as officialdom is in this crazy world we live in , the GDRL and the GDJRL are separate entities which then brings in all sorts of different issues as you can imagine

Even in winter it is still 28 /29 degrees at this time most days

And as for as parents playing out failed fantasies , if EB told me he wanted to go back and play Soccer as he did in Under 6 its his call

I go and help at training and if I'm with a group of kids separate from the other group and I see them struggling with something I'll offer some advice or helpful tip and will muck around with some friendly banter about how I'm gonna smash some kid :D or how I'm scared one of the little kids is gonna run over the top of me

That comment was uncalled for , seriously below the belt Geo

I love this game warts and all and would do nothing that would jeopardize it or my sons , my son's clubs enjoyment of this game

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 7:19 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Good Grief ...Stop the game...where is the responsibility? Sounds to me like Parents playing out their failed fantasies through there kids if they are pushing them to play in extreme conditions...where is the duty of Care,,In MCS the rules are we stop it...
Firstly where we sit is probably over 100 metres away at least from where the kids on the bench are , and seeing both our Under 13 and Under 14 bench players were sitting under a gazebo , so you couldn't tell who was who

Secondly unless you are an official you can't enter the area between the two fields

Thirdly I thought we had a second sub , but turned out he was injured and was only wearing his jersey for the sake of it , when I got up close post match noticed he had thongs on

And last of all , I don't make that call , but I know many complaints are going to be made to the GDJRL , we get either the 12.30 pm or 1.40 pm game every week as the oldest age groups who play Saturdays

As I mentioned to the Ground Official last season (who I've known as a friend of my Mrs brother since I moved to Gladstone ) is the simple solution is to play a few games on the actual Marley Brown Oval (which backs onto the Junior fields) and the kids love playing on the main seniors field , and you'd get earlier start times for the Under 13/14's , even if it was 11.30 pm

But as officialdom is in this crazy world we live in , the GDRL and the GDJRL are separate entities which then brings in all sorts of different issues as you can imagine

And as for as parents playing out failed fantasies , if EB told me he wanted to go back and play Soccer as he did in Under 6 its his call

I go and help at training and if I'm with a group of kids separate from the other group and I see them struggling with something I'll offer some advice or helpful tip and will muck around with some friendly banter about how I'm gonna smash some kid :D or how I'm scared one of the little kids is gonna run over the top of me

I love this game warts and all and would do nothing that would jeopardize it or my sons , my son's clubs enjoyment of this game

Get your WWC ticket , then get your trainers/coaches ticket . It's all online , no one has to know your a "hall of famer "
:mrgreen:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 7:46 am

happy tiger wrote:

Wasn't directed at you...but that's great...Brooks helps out a jnr footy side I'm sure he would be glad to hear it too...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:13 am

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Wasn't directed at you...but that's great...Brooks helps out a jnr footy side I'm sure he would be glad to hear it too...
Pigs it wasn't aimed at me :evil:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:16 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Get your WWC ticket , then get your trainers/coaches ticket . It's all online , no one has to know your a "hall of famer "
Then on a really hot and sunny day you can wrap the boys heads with foil to reflect the sun :lol:
I hear your really good at foil hats :roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:44 am

Well it's defo on too tight today..

Go Brooksy....

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:33 am

You can't criticise the halves when the team has a completion rate of 50% due to everyone dropping the ball every 2 seconds. Why they looked so buggered is the question. I thought our fitness was supposed to be very good? If we faded after 60-70 mins that's understandable but we faded after 20 mins which really isn't good enough.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:42 am

Balmain Boy wrote:You can't criticise the halves when the team has a completion rate of 50% due to everyone dropping the ball every 2 seconds. Why they looked so buggered is the question. I thought our fitness was supposed to be very good? If we faded after 60-70 mins that's understandable but we faded after 20 mins which really isn't good enough.
That's what I can't understand.
Some of the guys who were at the game said we looked like shot ducks after 20 minutes.
Considering we are supposed to be the fittest we've ever been and the team is (mostly) made up of young guys it's hard to fathom.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:27 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:You can't criticise the halves when the team has a completion rate of 50% due to everyone dropping the ball every 2 seconds. Why they looked so buggered is the question. I thought our fitness was supposed to be very good? If we faded after 60-70 mins that's understandable but we faded after 20 mins which really isn't good enough.
The thing is Brooks contributed to this. Every player who dropped it cold and made the dumb mistakes contributed to it but Brooks was right there with a bunch of poor passes.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:44 pm

cktiger wrote:
That's what I can't understand.
Some of the guys who were at the game said we looked like shot ducks after 20 minutes.
Considering we are supposed to be the fittest we've ever been and the team is (mostly) made up of young guys it's hard to fathom.

Short turn around and very hot and humid conditions will test any team especially a team who has not trained in these conditions. They were flat, they had been pumped up two weeks in a row, where all the passes stuck and the tackles were made and than it fell in a heap. Probably getting away to a flyer did not help. Anyway lets hope they learn from the game

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:09 pm

Swordy wrote:
supercoach wrote:After the first ten minutes they ran out of gas, not making excuses for Brooks but he had very little forward momentum to work off. I am willing to give him another couple of weeks before I start bagging him
Went to the game last night, but watched the game on tv today. TV did not give anywhere near the impression of how tired we were compared to live. Players hunched over in backplay, walking not getting into position quick enough.

After 10 minutes, everyone where i sat could see it, both sets of supporters.

We just gassed, and were never going to recover. Cant blame one guy, there was no one much good. 5 day turnaround, interstate, very humid. It killed us. Nothing else.
very interesting - thanks for the insight!

someone did some analysis on our pack weight vs warriors. we're quite heavy these days. hope that doesnt play against us. it should be okay though given most games will be NSW, Vic, NZ
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."