Brooks

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Brooks

Unread post by old man tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:41 am

Wore 007 last week, should be wearing 000 for the number of heart attack inducing plays he is involved in.

i don't doubt his Talent, we've all seen him perform well, I do doubt his footy intelligence. When we were going well in the first half he seemed committed to not kicking on the last when we were within range of getting a repeat set, putting himself and those outside him under pressure. Last week against manly when he kicked and regathered in what eventually lead to a try, his poor options paid off because he had the heart and skill to make it happen. Those plays aren't going to happen every week and he needs to learn to play percentages instead of going out and learning manager-speak to bump up his price.

At the moment, Moses, daylight, brooks.

I am trying to wrap him too, he could be anything, but he can be as hard to watch as any of the frustrating players we have had since our inception.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:52 am

He had a shocker - that's for sure.
His kicking game last night was atrocious.
Back to hospital passes and running around like a headless chook.
His defence, in general, has improved enormously but he's just taking too many silly chances.
I'll give him the one bad game but sure hope he learns to run the team soon.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:16 am

For the money he's commanding or demanding, he needs to give us a 7-8/10 performance every week. Not an 8/10 one week and 4/10 the next.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:23 am

Moses is much more reliable isn't he. Brooks has way too many errors in his game. To honestly think that he is worth more than $600k is delusional.

haberfield tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by haberfield tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:34 am

We lost the forward battle last night. Cant expect brooks to dominate in those circumastances. Like cherry evans last week he went missing (2nd half) after manly lost the forward battle against us.... Short turn around really hurt us. Everyone made errors last night include woodsy..

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:02 am

I agree with you Haberfield! While the forwards were making inroads he generally played well, contributing to our first two tries and making some incisive darts. I also agree that his kicking game was poor and that Moses seems to have matured into a more consistent first grader than him. However 4/10 for the game is harsh.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:31 am

No its not harsh. His job is to find ways to take advantage of the opposition.

He hardly ever goes for repeat sets.
Prefers bombs to guys who are a foot taller than our wingers instead of grubbers which our wingers would have the advantage chasing.
Runs it when our outside men are covered and throws the ball to them anyway.
He goes for the hero ball too often. I bet he was spewing his ball at the end to Rankin meant nothing.

That wasn't a 4/10 game from him. It was a 3.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 56 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:41 am

stryker wrote:No its not harsh. His job is to find ways to take advantage of the opposition.

Prefers bombs to guys who are a foot taller than our wingers instead of grubbers which our wingers would have the advantage chasing.
He goes for the hero ball too often. I bet he was spewing his ball at the end to Rankin meant nothing.

As I have said before Stryker,the hype surrounding him in his own age group was huge,its entirely different in the NRL and although talented,Brooks hasn't fully adapted to the rigours of FG..Moses is going a great deal better,but Brooks is supposedly the saviour playmaker in this team,at the moment he has a great deal to learn about controlling the team around the park...maybe it will come in the next few weeks or maybe he could just be a flash in the pan...If he is trying to squeeze a much bigger paycheque and contract out of the WTs,he must prove his worth,a game here and there won't cut it in my books...but as you know that's just me....a nuffie on a forum...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:43 am

stryker wrote:No its not harsh. His job is to find ways to take advantage of the opposition.

Exactly. The forwards weren't dominant but you expect your halves to come up with good options in games like that. Moses I think had one mistake. Brooks had a lot of them.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:44 am

As someone has previously stated they stuffed up on the low short kicks near the goal line that Farah excelled at.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:54 am

stevetiger wrote:Moses is much more reliable isn't he. Brooks has way too many errors in his game. To honestly think that he is worth more than $600k is delusional.
Jack LittleJohn deserves another chance at half.

happy tiger
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:06 am

I haven't re-watched the game yet but at last count I had Brooks taking 5 bad options in potential try scoring positions or not hitting the mark with a pass in a try scoring position

I think they scored off 3 of those turnovers (could of been 2 , again will need to re watch)

That's not acceptable at any level of footy

I'll say it again I think we keep Moses and spend 600-700 k on a better 7

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:09 am

Disappointing performance when on the same night Te Maire Martin put in a match winning game for Penrith.
Having said that, Brooks did the same on his debut.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:22 am

I agree with all of what you said Stryker, particularly regarding his decision making. The pass to Simona which led to the long range Titans try was one example of a bad decision. I think the incessant bombing was also ineffective and there were no successful grubber kicks into the in goal other than Simona's in the second half. Could this have been coach tactics? However, I disagree with 4 as I also think he did some good things including a number of solid tackles, a few effective runs and an excellent cut out for the Rankin try.

eyewonder
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by eyewonder » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:50 am

yes agreed.

brooks and moses both are probably reading the papers too much and hearing how much they will be in demand in 2017.
let their footy do the talking.
better times ahead for both of them - lets hope it starts next week against pesky parra.

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:07 pm

Brooks defence has been fantastic in comparison to last year. His much praised attacking ability is rarely seen. He might find the delayed decision making in terms of his contract could cost him rather than work in his favour.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:22 pm

wd in perth wrote:Brooks defence has been fantastic in comparison to last year. His much praised attacking ability is rarely seen. He might find the delayed decision making in terms of his contract could cost him rather than work in his favour.
happy tiger wrote:I'll say it again I think we keep Moses and spend 600-700 k on a better 7
Yep. I think on 600k he is overpaid a lot. He isn't worth that amount at this point.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:34 pm

cktiger wrote:He had a shocker - that's for sure.
His kicking game last night was atrocious.
Back to hospital passes and running around like a headless chook.
His defence, in general, has improved enormously but he's just taking too many silly chances.
I'll give him the one bad game but sure hope he learns to run the team soon.
I didn't think either of them was very good last night.

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”