Just wondering

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Just wondering

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:49 pm

Did our guys have a late night training session as I know the Titans had a 10 pm session during the week. Btw i heard on the radio that we looked very lethargic in warm up, can anyone confirm these aspects??
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:53 pm

Maxxy,I can't help you with any info...but whatever the Titans did sure as hell worked to beat our mob...my guess,a lot of homework on how to beat us..and it worked..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:11 pm

They saw our weaknesses and exposed them for all to see

We are lazy working the inside man /play , we are shocking under the highball and put pressure on our attack and stung in defence

They even smashed us without Bird on the field

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:47 pm

The Titans are an extremely well prepared team and no where near as bad as some may think.

Their line speed last night was exceptional and was the difference IMO. There defence line was consistently meeting our forwards on the advantage line and driving us back, halting our go forward and stifling our back line.

The other factors such as heat, late start and short turn around would have made things even harder but at the end of the day it's their line speed which was the deciding factor. They thoroughly deserved their win.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:56 pm

We didn't turn up and were outplayed. Blaming it on humidity, sarcadian rhythms and the position the moon was in as it was orbiting the earth are all cop outs. We don't look to deeply into the circumstances of games we win and where our opposition is at, we put it down to how good we were. We got the rub of the green last night so we have no real reason to blame the ref's, so we invent all these exotic excuses for why we didn't aim up. Just cop the loss and move on to Easter Monday.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 337 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:28 pm

Tony33 wrote:The Titans are an extremely well prepared team and no where near as bad as some may think.

Their line speed last night was exceptional and was the difference IMO. There defence line was consistently meeting our forwards on the advantage line and driving us back, halting our go forward and stifling our back line.

The other factors such as heat, late start and short turn around would have made things even harder but at the end of the day it's their line speed which was the deciding factor. They thoroughly deserved their win.
Titans did deserve the win ...better team..though as FT will attest their line speed was assisted a fair bit especially there outside/in D by not being required to get back the 10 with old mate Badge...

Maxxy the warm up was no different to the warm up intensity wise as it was at Leichhardt the week before...I don't even think they dropped it once...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:37 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tony33 wrote:The Titans are an extremely well prepared team and no where near as bad as some may think.

Titans did deserve the win ...better team..though as FT will attest their line speed was assisted a fair bit especially there outside/in D by not being required to get back the 10 with old mate Badge...

Maxxy the warm up was no different to the warm up intensity wise as it was at Leichhardt the week before...I don't even think they dropped it once...

Yeah I was going to ask but didn't notice anyone mention it so I thought they were just nice and fast.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they were pushing the envelope because they were extremely fast and gave us absolutely no room. Our forwards weren't as effective as result and consequently gave our backs no room.

Either way they deserved the win, they showed a lot more then we did. Even when we did have room our execution let us down badly on more then one occasion.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:52 pm

I actually don't think the Titans were that great. They were pretty sloppy in attack and missed double the tackles we did.

What they did do though was make the most of the advantages we gifted them. They moved up quick on our outside men and when they wore us down they attacked the middle through inside balls. They weren't technically great and have plenty of work to do...but they were smart and in that sense taught our young fellas a lesson.

CocaCola
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by CocaCola » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 2:50 am

It was a game of 2 halves. Apart from the last 10min in the 1st half, I thought that was the most dominating field possession the boys have had this year. Titans did not pass the half way mark for the majority of their sets.

Unfortunately the cubs lost their way when playing from behind in the 2nd half. Trying to score off every set type footy which lead to so many mistakes.

I don't think the Titans played all that well themselves, they just took advantage of a group of cubs who lost their way.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:42 am

maxxy86 wrote:Did our guys have a late night training session as I know the Titans had a 10 pm session during the week. Btw i heard on the radio that we looked very lethargic in warm up, can anyone confirm these aspects??
Having played on the Monday night, I doubt we would have done much at all during the week, let alone a late session. I reckon we ran into the perfect storm as far as match conditions go, but what to do when playing up north in a broadcaster dominated game.

The win/loss ratio for sides backing up from a Monday night match shows a disadvantage, let alone adding other factors to the mix. That said, WT gained the ascendency early and clawed it back again when our starting side reunited, but they had two good front rowers on their bench that took the middle part of the game from WT and their mates put thirty on us in about as many minutes.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:03 am

stryker wrote:I actually don't think the Titans were that great. They were pretty sloppy in attack and missed double the tackles we did.

What they did do though was make the most of the advantages we gifted them. They moved up quick on our outside men and when they wore us down they attacked the middle through inside balls. They weren't technically great and have plenty of work to do...but they were smart and in that sense taught our young fellas a lesson.
They also didn't throw the pill around with reckless abandon early in the tackle count 10m out from the strip.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 8:04 am

So just heads up to everyone......don't bother going to Campbelltown Round 5 vs the Sharks as we play at 5:30 and we have a short turnaround from the Eels game. :roll:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

maxxy86

Unread post by maxxy86 » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:25 am

foreveratiger wrote:So just heads up to everyone......don't bother going to Campbelltown Round 5 vs the Sharks as we play at 5:30 and we have a short turnaround from the Eels game. :roll:
It will be interesting how we back up in this one, however with one hour less flying I suppose.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:27 am

maxxy86 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:So just heads up to everyone......don't bother going to Campbelltown Round 5 vs the Sharks as we play at 5:30 and we have a short turnaround from the Eels game. :roll:
It will be interesting how we back up in this one, however with one hour less flying I suppose.
That's the difference in the Sharks game. Yeah, it's the same amount of turnaround, but they don't lose a day flying interstate.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:41 am

The sharks will beat us, unless we do something drastic to change because not much honestly has changed from last year.

maxxy86

Unread post by maxxy86 » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:49 am

tsjonathan wrote:
The sharks will beat us, unless we do something drastic to change because not much honestly has changed from last year.
There is gods honest truth 'we haven't changed from last year' may have won our first two but we've let in 80 points in doing so and continued on letting in soft tries on our goal line. Yet our coach thinks everything's on track :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:06 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:
That's the difference in the Sharks game. Yeah, it's the same amount of turnaround, but they don't lose a day flying interstate.
A bit exaggerated loosing a Day flying interstate :roll: . 1st flight out of Sydney 6am and they would arrive 6:20 QLD time and still a whole day for a session in the afternoon.....just ask Geo how quick the planes from Sydney are. :lol:

Really there is no difference with this turnaround , the humidity here and the short turnaround would of added to the fatigue factor but we were our own worst enemies not completing our sets and giving them cheap possession .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:07 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:
Not to mention that both teams play on Easter Monday, so a level playing field on this occasion.

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”