WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 9:30 pm

LARDS wrote:I don't get the hate for buchanin. No one here sees what's happens in training etc like JT does. How can you say chee kam is better for the bench based on what you've seen last year and in trials.
I also don't see what he does ON the field as well, because he does very little at all.
It's hard to fathom that with all the players that we have handed over to other clubs, he is still here
Also I don't care much if he is the best trainer in the club. Means bugger all if he doesn't repeat that in actual games.
Last time that I looked , THAT was where the 2 points were won or lost.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Wed 23 Mar, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 9:35 pm

strrretch wrote:One loss and doom brigade are out and about big time. I take it if we happen to win this game the doubters will do a 180 in regards of certain players/coach etc? Until the next loss or mistake?
If they play as a team, minimise mistakes, get a decent bounce of course they are good chance, they can beat any team on their day
It depends if those certain players play a part in the win or not.
Nothing will change the fact , that there will be players on the field that wouldn't make any other NRL team at the moment

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 10:45 pm

It's exactly the team I expected and dreaded. Most of us are saying the same thing - Lovett is not first grade standard and Buchanan offers absolutely nothing off the bench. When I put up a thread pointing out that the team lost intensity and go forward when Buchanan replaced Grant I was howled down. We need power and energy off the bench.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 10:48 pm

Halatau was good at 2nd row last year so I don't think we lose much with him replacing Rowdy. Lovett I don't think is an 80 min player yet so unless Aloiai is going to replace him on the edge then we may be in trouble.

With that bench I think we just lose too much when the likes of Woods, Sue & Grant come off. Ava & Aloiai hold their own but Buchanan just doesn't seem to have an impact. Would prefer Edwards, Griffin or Chee-Kam get a chance in place of Buchanan & Cherry - they'd add more impact, Halatau can always cover for Robbie when he needs a spell.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the big game & hope we make it 3 Easter Monday victories in a row!!

krayola
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 11:33 pm

I actually think our tactics from last year of 5 hit ups and a bomb would work in this game. Cut out the errors and play tough, simple footy and we have a shot. Our forward pack and defence cannot bail us out if we don't complete sets.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 11:33 pm

Wish we still had Koro. Especially when the other team has Semi.
I like to see Addo-Carr in for this game. We need his speed.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 11:41 pm

LARDS wrote:I don't get the hate for buchanin. No one here sees what's happens in training etc like JT does. How can you say chee kam is better for the bench based on what you've seen last year and in trials.
I see what happens on game day though. And Buchanin doesn't cut it i'm afraid.

Russta
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by Russta » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 11:57 pm

Lovett must be Taylor's wifes nephew. I seriously can't see any other reason for his selection. Surely Edwards is a better choice.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 22 Mar, 2016 11:58 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Halatau was good at 2nd row last year so I don't think we lose much with him replacing Rowdy. Lovett I don't think is an 80 min player yet so unless Aloiai is going to replace him on the edge then we may be in trouble.

With that bench I think we just lose too much when the likes of Woods, Sue & Grant come off. Ava & Aloiai hold their own but Buchanan just doesn't seem to have an impact. Would prefer Edwards, Griffin or Chee-Kam get a chance in place of Buchanan & Cherry - they'd add more impact, Halatau can always cover for Robbie when he needs a spell.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the big game & hope we make it 3 Easter Monday victories in a row!!
Me too Raven. The family and i were at the game, for the last two, but unfortunately I'm working this Easter Monday. :( This game brings ANZ stadium to life. Big crowds, great atmosphere, makes this a must go to game.

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 12:44 am

I am all for giving MCK a run, but can he put in good minutes? We are already going to see shorter stints from Cherry and Aloiai, and Sarge is probably going to play 80 mins.

I'm not Buchanan's #1 fan, but he has a decent motor, will take ugly hitups and make his tackles. I think many clubs will struggle to carry 2 edge backrowers on the bench each week, instead opting for 2 props.

Buchanan is arguably our 5th best prop if you include Sue, so it makes some sense that he is there.

supercoach
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 7:57 am

I get the feeling Taylor is trying to limit the damage,rather than win the game. The team he has picked gives me zero confidence. Parra's strength is their forward power and we pick a very weak pack and bench. From where Iam sitting it is madness,we needed to drop Cherrington and Bukes off the bench and replaced them with some forwards who play with power and aggression

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 8:10 am

Well....what do say?
I know we shouldn't panic after one loss but with both regular second rowers gone the replacements and bench he's chosen don't seem to offer much.
Why he would still carry Cherrington is a mystery - surely Halatau could cover Farah's time off the field?
What will happen when Ballin is available?
Farah, Halatau, Ballin and Cherrington in the 17?
You can only hope Parra play bad, we get a lot of ball, the young guys turn it on and Farah can make at least 50 tackles in his time on the field.
Is that too much to ask?

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 8:25 am

I would at least swap Cherrington with Chee Kam. That would give us one extra forward. DH to go to DH if Robbie needs a spell .
Never noticed Halatau's initials were the same as the Dummy Halve abbreviation before.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 8:41 am

supercoach wrote:I get the feeling Taylor is trying to limit the damage,rather than win the game. The team he has picked gives me zero confidence. Parra's strength is their forward power and we pick a very weak pack and bench. From where Iam sitting it is madness,we needed to drop Cherrington and Bukes off the bench and replaced them with some forwards who play with power and aggression
That sums up my thoughts as well we need to throw the slugs off their game not just try to keep it respectable.

Chadman's Ghost

Unread post by Chadman's Ghost » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 9:06 am

I hadn't realised Chee Kam was actually Sonny Bill Mark II...

Alioi will probably play a little more backrow. He plays all forward positions outside of hooker.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see Farah & Cherrington on the field at the same time.

People are talking like it's been our wide running 2nd Row that has won us 2 out of 3.

Tigers are winning through the middle. If they want to beat Parra, that's where they need to win this week too.

I wonder if some of you just look at team sheets to predict wins sometimes. "Oh, they have better centres than us- they will kill us out wide"... "oh, they have Slater & we only have Tedesco, they will kill us at fullback"...Lovett, Halatau, Alioi & potentially Farah playing a psuedo lock position will have the primary role of helping the halves defend. They can do that.

The game will come down to if Woods, Grant, Sue & Ava can create a roll on for Brooks, Moses & Tedesco to take advantage of.

That's the game there. Not the strength of the running of our 2nd row.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 9:13 am

strrretch wrote:One loss and doom brigade are out and about big time.
You will stand corrected when we lost the next two. Bank on it. I haven't seen enough this year to merit us winning a few in a row apart from against sides that have been patched together for the 2016 season.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 10:06 am

tsjonathan wrote:
strrretch wrote:One loss and doom brigade are out and about big time.
You will stand corrected when we lost the next two. Bank on it. I haven't seen enough this year to merit us winning a few in a row apart from against sides that have been patched together for the 2016 season.

“Manly was the best backed team pre-season,” Middleton said. “With so many new faces it was always going to take time for things to gel, but they were desperate to win against Cronulla in front of their home crowd."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sea-ea ... 67c567b709

supercoach
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 23 Mar, 2016 12:56 pm

Chadman's Ghost wrote:I hadn't realised Chee Kam was actually Sonny Bill Mark II...

Alioi will probably play a little more backrow. He plays all forward positions outside of hooker.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see Farah & Cherrington on the field at the same time.

People are talking like it's been our wide running 2nd Row that has won us 2 out of 3.

Tigers are winning through the middle. If they want to beat Parra, that's where they need to win this week too.

I wonder if some of you just look at team sheets to predict wins sometimes. "Oh, they have better centres than us- they will kill us out wide"... "oh, they have Slater & we only have Tedesco, they will kill us at fullback"...Lovett, Halatau, Alioi & potentially Farah playing a psuedo lock position will have the primary role of helping the halves defend. They can do that.

The game will come down to if Woods, Grant, Sue & Ava can create a roll on for Brooks, Moses & Tedesco to take advantage of.

That's the game there. Not the strength of the running of our 2nd row.

We won the first two games by getting quick play the balls and making quick powerful charges up the middle, Sue and Lawrencewere great at it. We also managed to stop the other sides from doing the same for the majority of the games. I just don't see players like Lovett,Bukes,Halatau and Cherrington causing the Parra pack any problems at all. At full strength we might have had some success but I rate our chances as next to none with the team selected. In saying that I am not sure the likes of Edwards,MCK or who ever would make much difference

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”