WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

tigerap

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

Post by tigerap » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 1:31 pm

Looks like Kevin Naiqama is out:

@early_18 Any update on Kevin Naiqama shoulder injury?

Lurker: Will miss at least a week or two.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 1:47 pm

on fox he is still in the team. And they have WT 1.55$ and Eels 2.50$ to win?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 2:39 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I don't think attitude has a thing to do with it.
Seriously? I think it is mostly attitude. Do you recall the try the Titans scored when they turned the ball inside and our defensive wall had a massive (I mean massive) gap in it, which they ran through and scored an easy try. No-one on the inside pushed across in defence. I think that is relevant to attitude (and fatigue).

We have the talent, but I think we lack the mental toughness. But this is something that can be developed (as opposed to talent, which you either have or not).

I'm hoping to see a major turn around against Parra.
The Titans(so far) have really dug in and had a go,they are at the opposition for the full 80 mins. no matter what the score or field position,credit must go to the coaching staff but they surely can't keep it up all season but time will tell.
I think the Parra. game will define our season to some extent,good guide on whether we fluked a couple of early wins then lost the next 4 or 6 like in previous seasons or the boys are having a go and we have a chance at the eight.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

marzie

Post by marzie » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:22 pm

tigerap wrote:Looks like Kevin Naiqama is out:

JT said he was just badly winded?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:53 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:on fox he is still in the team. And they have WT 1.55$ and Eels 2.50$ to win?
If so they are reporting it back-to-front, Parra are clear favourites with the bookies.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 5:47 pm

Basil Tiger wrote:
fibrodreaming wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I don't think attitude has a thing to do with it.
Seriously? I think it is mostly attitude. Do you recall the try the Titans scored when they turned the ball inside and our defensive wall had a massive (I mean massive) gap in it, which they ran through and scored an easy try. No-one on the inside pushed across in defence. I think that is relevant to attitude (and fatigue).

We have the talent, but I think we lack the mental toughness. But this is something that can be developed (as opposed to talent, which you either have or not).

I'm hoping to see a major turn around against Parra.
The Titans(so far) have really dug in and had a go,they are at the opposition for the full 80 mins. no matter what the score or field position,credit must go to the coaching staff but they surely can't keep it up all season but time will tell.
I think the Parra. game will define our season to some extent,good guide on whether we fluked a couple of early wins then lost the next 4 or 6 like in previous seasons or the boys are having a go and we have a chance at the eight.
Agree on both counts Basil.

The Titans are clearly well coached and persistent; however, their attack is fairly pedestrian (not as slick as ours - when we manage to hold the ball). And yet, they still managed to put 5 tries on us. Overall we have conceded 14 tries in 3 matches. It doesn't auger well.

I'm looking for a much better defensive effort against Parra; and better execution when we have the ball will assist by not putting so much pressure on us to defend our errors in attack.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 6:15 pm

tigerap wrote:Looks like Kevin Naiqama is out:

i was surprised Kevvy wasnt in the Injury news
He looked real bad when he was injured and had to go off

So this news i did expect when i saw him hurt himself

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 6:36 pm

Chee Kam to slot into centre as indicated by the Tiger Torch post?

pezza103

Post by pezza103 » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 8:40 am

palms wrote:I was at the Titans game, and made the observation that we looked flat in the warm-up. The backs came out about 10 minutes before the forwards. In those 10 minutes I saw at least half a dozen balls hit the deck from handling errors, misdirected kicks and complacency. There was no chat and it had the feel of "all we have to do is run out and we'll win this game."
When doing their kicking drills, Moses and Brooks couldn't hit a 50m swimming pool. Balls were falling short of the try line by 10m, and players dropping bombs or balls rolled along the deck. It just looked really bad from where I was sitting.
This to me is all attitude. I've played a somewhat decent level of footy and the attitude you have in the warm-up is the attitude you take out on to the field. I could be over reading the situation but something tells me this is a massive indication that we are nowhere near the top 8 sides yet.

Mate I was there too and I agree 100% . The warm up was an absolute debacle . If we are picking it up why are the coaching staff not ? I knew how that game would pan out .

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 7:02 pm

What's the news on Farah? Is he starting or coming off the bench

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 7:31 pm

Would make Zero sense starting with Cherrington against a brutal forward pack.
Farah has to start however, I would assume he won't play more than 50 minutes in total.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 7:38 pm

pezza103 wrote:
palms wrote:I was at the Titans game, and made the observation that we looked flat in the warm-up. The backs came out about 10 minutes before the forwards. In those 10 minutes I saw at least half a dozen balls hit the deck from handling errors, misdirected kicks and complacency. There was no chat and it had the feel of "all we have to do is run out and we'll win this game."
When doing their kicking drills, Moses and Brooks couldn't hit a 50m swimming pool. Balls were falling short of the try line by 10m, and players dropping bombs or balls rolled along the deck. It just looked really bad from where I was sitting.
This to me is all attitude. I've played a somewhat decent level of footy and the attitude you have in the warm-up is the attitude you take out on to the field. I could be over reading the situation but something tells me this is a massive indication that we are nowhere near the top 8 sides yet.

Mate I was there too and I agree 100% . The warm up was an absolute debacle . If we are picking it up why are the coaching staff not ? I knew how that game would pan out .
That is par for the course for most of our warm ups...e.g.Compare us against how Souths warm up and you will see a huge difference in application and professionalism...WT warm up to go through the motions, most other clubs use the warm up to get themselves into the zone,,,,

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 7:45 pm

TYGA wrote:Would make Zero sense starting with Cherrington against a brutal forward pack.
Farah has to start however, I would assume he won't play more than 50 minutes in total.
I agree 100%

I think we need a strong defensive game from the get go and Farah starting will provide that. I certainly don't think Farah will play 80 unless it's tight near the end

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 7:52 pm

Aloiai would be eager for a big game. We're gonna need him to aswell.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 9:07 pm

Halatau starting 9 Aloiai in the backrow...with Farah and Cherrington on the Bench..is what I've heard...if it's true we will be burning 2 interchanges on the hooking position which means Grant Lovett and Woods will play big minutes again ...it cost us against the Titans...makes little sense to me..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 9:17 pm

Geo. wrote:Halatau starting 9 Aloiai in the backrow...with Farah and Cherrington on the Bench..is what I've heard...if it's true we will be burning 2 interchanges on the hooking position which means Grant Lovett and Woods will play big minutes again ...it cost us against the Titans...makes little sense to me..

God damn that is retarded if true. So 3 rotating hookers?

this pretty much screams we will be playing razzle dazzle football. There's no way we can match their forwards with such a vulnerable and weak pack/bench

If it works Taylor is a genius, but what ever works with him?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 9:22 pm

Geo. wrote:Halatau starting 9 Aloiai in the backrow...with Farah and Cherrington on the Bench..is what I've heard...if it's true we will be burning 2 interchanges on the hooking position which means Grant Lovett and Woods will play big minutes again ...it cost us against the Titans...makes little sense to me..
Stupid if true. Not only is it a waste of interchanges but it just involves too much shuffling around of positions.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 9:33 pm

Nelson wrote:
Stupid if true. Not only is it a waste of interchanges but it just involves too much shuffling around of positions.
I think halatau will move into aloiais spot when he is ready to come off and play the rest of the game. Not really wasting an interchange. Will end up the same amount as if Farah started and halatau or aoliai was on the bench.