Farah happy for halves to take control

willow

Post by willow » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 9:32 am

Thu 24 Mar, 2016, 6:00am
By Jack Brady ‌, National Correspondent, NRL.com

Ahead of his first start of the season Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah says he is happy for his teammates Mitch Moses and Luke Brooks to let fly against the Eels on Easter Monday.

Farah relayed the fact he'd always had trust in the duo but kept them at arm's length in their initial years in the NRL.

Now after winning two of their first three games of the year without Farah, the veteran rake is happy to loosen the reins on the exciting pair.

"That's all part of the education of becoming an NRL player and it's always difficult as a young half so you need to go through those experiences to learn and improve," Farah said.

"Where they are now compared to where they were 18 months ago is chalk and cheese, and now you see the confidence they're playing with and the improvements they have made.

"It's all part of the process of becoming better and going through those tough times. The trust has always been there from day one and we knew we had to be patient with them as well.

"They're so young. They have only just turned 21 so I think everyone tends to forget how young they are."

With growing confidence in the developing halves, Farah's focus remains in re-establishing his running game he thought he lacked in 2015, during the Tigers' struggle of a season.

"My main focus is not so much the ball-playing because I have halves who can ball-play, so that allows me to focus on my running game. That's something I've worked hard on right through the summer and I'm keen to get that back into my game," Farah said.

"[My running game's] probably been one of my strengths right throughout my career, which probably fell away a little bit last year. So I'm looking forward to getting that aspect of my game back."

While he admitted he tipped the Eels in a family tipping competition before their 14-point flogging of the Bulldogs last Friday, he won't be doing anything of sort next Monday.

"I think their form has been pretty impressive. They were obviously beaten Round 1 but with no Foran or Corey Norman after half-time I thought they gave a good account of themselves against the Broncos," Farah said.

"In my opinion they're one of the form teams of the competition."

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 11:53 am

What a champion fella Robbie Farah is...letting them sink before they could swim..arms length and all...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 12:01 pm

Honestly I was a little happier when Farah was not being interviewed the previous 3 weeks. I love the guy but as Geo sort of points out, he has this tendency to make borderline-controversial statements, or statements that could be taken the wrong way. Almost too honest.

This week there must have been 10 different articles in the paper about Farah's return and his own thoughts about it.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 12:09 pm

#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 12:32 pm

Geo. wrote:What a champion fella Robbie Farah is...letting them sink before they could swim..arms length and all...
A lot of 7's sunk around Benji and Robbie , some of whom were quite experienced and talented

Funny how not one managed to swim

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 1:17 pm

jirskyr wrote:Honestly I was a little happier when Farah was not being interviewed the previous 3 weeks. I love the guy but as Geo sort of points out, he has this tendency to make borderline-controversial statements, or statements that could be taken the wrong way. Almost too honest.

This week there must have been 10 different articles in the paper about Farah's return and his own thoughts about it.
Can't see anything even remotely controversial in what he said in that article though. Not having a go at you jirskyr, but fair dinkum the bloke can't win...whatever he says is going to be criticized by people for some reason or other.
He has been a champion of our club for over a decade- he has the right to let his opinions be known as long as he isn't being disrespectful.
Moses and Brooks will be better players as a result of his input and knowledge, not worse.
Would be fantastic to see Robbie add another dimension to our encouraging start to this season, go out there and slay 'em Rob.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 1:54 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Honestly I was a little happier when Farah was not being interviewed the previous 3 weeks. I love the guy but as Geo sort of points out, he has this tendency to make borderline-controversial statements, or statements that could be taken the wrong way. Almost too honest.

Can't see anything even remotely controversial in what he said in that article though. Not having a go at you jirskyr, but fair dinkum the bloke can't win...whatever he says is going to be criticized by people for some reason or other.
He has been a champion of our club for over a decade- he has the right to let his opinions be known as long as he isn't being disrespectful.
Moses and Brooks will be better players as a result of his input and knowledge, not worse.
Would be fantastic to see Robbie add another dimension to our encouraging start to this season, go out there and slay 'em Rob.
Yep pretty much FTB , there is nothing controversial about it.....if anything his throwing his support towards our young half and the confidence he has in them but nah lets twist this and make it controversial .
Some are just upset he didn't mention JT in his interview :lol: .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 1:59 pm

I hope Robbie's running game is at least No 3 on the list behind tackling his ring out and providing fast , precise service to our halves , in particular Moses

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 2:15 pm

happy tiger wrote:I hope Robbie's running game is at least No 3 on the list behind tackling his ring out and providing fast , precise service to our halves , in particular Moses
There is never a need to doubt him tackling his arse off, he never shirks his share of defence.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 2:25 pm

too true.... I care most about his service being swift, and letting the boys run the show. The guy doesnt shirk the defensive load.

Hope he slips back in as part of the machine.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:02 pm

No matter what the bloke says, he's never going to win.

It is just the situation he has found himself in.

Whether he brought it on himself or didn't that doesn't matter anymore..
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:05 pm

Farah played well before injury in the Sharks trial. Only issue i had was when we made a break and he postioned himself outwide the next play and totally ruined our momentum. We now have the right players outwide in these situations, so he needs to cut that crap out snd stay in the middle.

I do fear slow service from dummy half though if he's looking at his running game. I can picture Robbie having sa split second look up nearly evey play before deciding to either pass or run. That split second look is an eternity in league terms.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:27 pm

happy tiger wrote: A lot of 7's sunk around Benji and Robbie , some of whom were quite experienced and talented

Can you name a halfback who struggled at the Tigers but excelled at another club once they were out of Robbie's shadow? Prince and Lui both did well in our spine before leaving for off field reasons. Every other number 7 before Brooks was forgettable, and none have kicked on.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:30 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I hope Robbie's running game is at least No 3 on the list behind tackling his ring out and providing fast , precise service to our halves , in particular Moses
There is never a need to doubt him tackling his arse off, he never shirks his share of defence.
I'm not questioning he wont' tackle his butt off FTB , I'm just saying this is his list or priorities and that's needs to be NO 1

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:32 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
happy tiger wrote: A lot of 7's sunk around Benji and Robbie , some of whom were quite experienced and talented

Can you name a halfback who struggled at the Tigers but excelled at another club once they were out of Robbie's shadow? Prince and Lui both did well in our spine before leaving for off field reasons. Every other number 7 before Brooks was forgettable, and none have kicked on.
Don't let the facts get in the way Cosimo.

Seriously Happy, it's unlike you to post unjustified comments like this :crazy
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:38 pm

Tony33 wrote:
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:

Don't let the facts get in the way Cosimo.

Seriously Happy, it's unlike you to post unjustified comments like this :crazy
Prince , Lui , Rangi Chase never got a shot ,Matt Head , to a degree Miller

You didn't need a superstar , just a link between forwards and Marshall , I'm just saying you have to ask why not one cracked it bar Lui in all those years

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:40 pm

Being first week back I cut him a bit of slack. Quite possible can be rusty but 50/50. Just his knee could be sufficient to make him apprehensive. He may be purposely targeted, two holding him up whilst another grabs and twists his repaired knee. I hate those dirty tactics.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 3:52 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

Yep pretty much FTB , there is nothing controversial about it.....if anything his throwing his support towards our young half and the confidence he has in them but nah lets twist this and make it controversial .
Some are just upset he didn't mention JT in his interview :lol: .
I'm not saying this one is specifically bad, though I don't really like the comment about keeping Broses "at arms length" in the first few years. It sounds very open to interpretation, which I think is not a good thing in the media game.

He kept them away from him? He ensured they didn't get too friendly? He didn't give them professional advice? He didn't let them have full control over the side?

It's just my feeling that Robbie can be a little too honest or cryptic about what is going on, and the less he says the better. Last year was full to the brim of Farah comments, not all his fault because of the situation, but it's been nice to not really hear anything of the Farah situation since he got injured in the trial.

I much prefer the "nah, bro, yeah, you know what I mean" responses that many players give, steers clear of any controversy or media interest.