Farah happy for halves to take control

goldcoast tiger

Re: Farah happy for halves to take control

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 4:18 pm

jirskyr wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Honestly I was a little happier when Farah was not being interviewed the previous 3 weeks. I love the guy but as Geo sort of points out, he has this tendency to make borderline-controversial statements, or statements that could be taken the wrong way. Almost too honest.

This week there must have been 10 different articles in the paper about Farah's return and his own thoughts about it.
Can't see anything even remotely controversial in what he said in that article though. Not having a go at you jirskyr, but fair dinkum the bloke can't win...whatever he says is going to be criticized by people for some reason or other.
He has been a champion of our club for over a decade- he has the right to let his opinions be known as long as he isn't being disrespectful.
Moses and Brooks will be better players as a result of his input and knowledge, not worse.
Would be fantastic to see Robbie add another dimension to our encouraging start to this season, go out there and slay 'em Rob.
Yep pretty much FTB , there is nothing controversial about it.....if anything his throwing his support towards our young half and the confidence he has in them but nah lets twist this and make it controversial .
Some are just upset he didn't mention JT in his interview :lol: .
I'm not saying this one is specifically bad, though I don't really like the comment about keeping Broses "at arms length" in the first few years. It sounds very open to interpretation, which I think is not a good thing in the media game.

He kept them away from him? He ensured they didn't get too friendly? He didn't give them professional advice? He didn't let them have full control over the side?

It's just my feeling that Robbie can be a little too honest or cryptic about what is going on, and the less he says the better. Last year was full to the brim of Farah comments, not all his fault because of the situation, but it's been nice to not really hear anything of the Farah situation since he got injured in the trial.

I much prefer the "nah, bro, yeah, you know what I mean" responses that many players give, steers clear of any controversy or media interest.
Actually? I thought that it was good to hear what he thought from him, rather than all the rubbish we normally hear from people who do not know him, or have a clue what he thinks( not that that ever stops anyone)
There was bugger all in that interview that was or is a problem.
Just good to see him back.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 4:24 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Honestly I was a little happier when Farah was not being interviewed the previous 3 weeks. I love the guy but as Geo sort of points out, he has this tendency to make borderline-controversial statements, or statements that could be taken the wrong way. Almost too honest.

This week there must have been 10 different articles in the paper about Farah's return and his own thoughts about it.
Can't see anything even remotely controversial in what he said in that article though. Not having a go at you jirskyr, but fair dinkum the bloke can't win...whatever he says is going to be criticized by people for some reason or other.
He has been a champion of our club for over a decade- he has the right to let his opinions be known as long as he isn't being disrespectful.
Moses and Brooks will be better players as a result of his input and knowledge, not worse.
Would be fantastic to see Robbie add another dimension to our encouraging start to this season, go out there and slay 'em Rob.
Yep pretty much FTB , there is nothing controversial about it.....if anything his throwing his support towards our young half and the confidence he has in them but nah lets twist this and make it controversial .
Shame he didn't throw that same support around Potter when the 6 and 7 were so far back in their development. But from memory, it was Potter who couldn't coach.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 10:44 am

king sirro wrote:Farah played well before injury in the Sharks trial. Only issue i had was when we made a break and he postioned himself outwide the next play and totally ruined our momentum. We now have the right players outwide in these situations, so he needs to cut that crap out snd stay in the middle.

I do fear slow service from dummy half though if he's looking at his running game. I can picture Robbie having sa split second look up nearly evey play before deciding to either pass or run. That split second look is an eternity in league terms.
Thats what has held us back for a number of years now. Hopefully he's smart enough to change.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:What a champion fella Robbie Farah is...letting them sink before they could swim..arms length and all...
A lot of 7's sunk around Benji and Robbie , some of whom were quite experienced and talented

Funny how not one managed to swim
John Morris
Jacob Miller
Chris Lawrence
Tim Moltzen
Braith Anasta

How are these guys going as halves currently??

How did they after WT as halves?

Which other experienced and talented halves am I missing??

Scott Prince did alright with them (Premiership)

Rob Lui did ok (Top 4 two years running)

Oh thats right he had experience and talent the rest didn't! But lets not get that in the way of a good story.

Please.
Last edited by Eddie on Fri 25 Mar, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:38 am

People can't help themselves here.

Robbie will be the man who ruined Christmas soon enough.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:58 am

Well apparently possessing an economics degree from SU isn't enough to stop one rock star from questioning if Farah is "smart enough".

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 12:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:I hope Robbie's running game is at least No 3 on the list behind tackling his ring out and providing fast , precise service to our halves , in particular Moses
I think the way the game is this year will suit him right down to the ground and hopefully Moses and teddy are sticking to him like crap to a blanket!
The arms length quip is the journos description of Farah not doing everything for the rookies, allowing them to learn the hard (best) way.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 2:02 pm

"That's all part of the education of becoming an NRL player and it's always difficult as a young half so you need to go through those experiences to learn and improve," Farah said.

"Where they are now compared to where they were 18 months ago is chalk and cheese, and now you see the confidence they're playing with and the improvements they have made."

thats why all that crap taylor ball was necessary last year. it sucked to watch but the halves cant play in 1st grade like it's under 18s. hopefully theyve matured and can play restrained and exciting as needed now
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 3:22 pm

pHyR3 wrote:thats why all that crap taylor ball was necessary last year.
No it wasn't. It led us to having our worst ever season. Stop trying to justify the poor play from last year.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 5:23 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Well apparently possessing an economics degree from SU isn't enough to stop one rock star from questioning if Farah is "smart enough".
Yeah, having an economics degree has helped him from over playing his hand in the past.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 6:23 pm

Eddie wrote:People can't help themselves here.

Robbie will be the man who ruined Christmas soon enough.
And if you had your way Eddie , he would get nominated for Sainthood

I don't care what Robbie's does to Xmas , but I just wish he'd never stuck his nose in club politics which isn't ANY players business

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 6:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I hope Robbie's running game is at least No 3 on the list behind tackling his ring out and providing fast , precise service to our halves , in particular Moses
I think the way the game is this year will suit him right down to the ground and hopefully Moses and teddy are sticking to him like crap to a blanket!
The arms length quip is the journos description of Farah not doing everything for the rookies, allowing them to learn the hard (best) way.
I just hope the 2016 Robbie can find the 2011-12 Robbie's speed from dummy half

In that case run the ball Robbie , just don't play for penalties , no use you getting caught with the ball on the 5th and then having a makeshift 9 setting for the most important play of the set

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 26 Mar, 2016 12:05 am

wd in perth wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

Shame he didn't throw that same support around Potter when the 6 and 7 were so far back in their development. But from memory, it was Potter who couldn't coach.

Here we go again...Round and round. :roll:

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 26 Mar, 2016 12:59 am

stevetiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:thats why all that crap taylor ball was necessary last year.
No it wasn't. It led us to having our worst ever season. Stop trying to justify the poor play from last year.
2013 was our worst ever

argue with farah mate, i think he knows a bit more than you

"It's all part of the process of becoming better and going through those tough times."

JT probably went a bit far but it was pretty obvious he was trying to instill some structure and ability to grind out a game. watch the last 10 mins of raiders vs tigers at canberra to see some of that.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Mar, 2016 8:32 am

Spot on phyre

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 26 Mar, 2016 8:55 pm

He may have had good intentions bit he failed miserably.
I reference the 3 games so far this season as evidence...

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:58 pm

Another piece of media manipulation. From the time he came on he was taking runs when the ball should have gone wide, and passing wide when we should have gone straight, don't get me started on the run with inside passes straight back into the defence. Looked pedestrian once he came on, as did he.

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 2:09 am

Harvey wrote:Another piece of media manipulation. From the time he came on he was taking runs when the ball should have gone wide, and passing wide when we should have gone straight, don't get me started on the run with inside passes straight back into the defence. Looked pedestrian once he came on, as did he.
Exactly this. I'm happy with his effort particularly in defence but those inside passes were useless. Reminded me of the worst of Benji.

I just hope it was because its his first game back. We definitely need his defence but need him to provide better service to the halves.