**Live Game Feed*

Russell

Re: **Live Game Feed*

Post by Russell » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:18 pm

We know Robbie can tackle - that is his forte.

The complaint is how fast Brooks and Moses get the ball. This is making them look bad. Not so defensive about Brooks but Moses needs the ball quickly if he is going to run the team.

I don't care how many tackles Robbie does, 80-90 doesn't matter. Halatau needs to be included in this. Slow play the balls and slow dummy half work kills the attack.

Who in the back line starred in attack today? Oh! no one right. What do you put that down to?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:19 pm

Great defensive effort from the whole team...dropping the pill once again cost us dearly...plenty to take out of that loss...lots more to work on...They aren't turning it up...Off to the fireworks ...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:20 pm

I've seen enough of Brooks now to tell me he's not the player he was talked up to be, i was skeptical from the beginning but now im totally convinced. If he ends up leaving i won't be disappointed much.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:21 pm

Brain explosion by Farah, why kick on 3rd tackle ???
We lost our momentum and they scored.
Woods and Tedesco were our best , 195 m from 23 runs, 33 T 3 MT, leads by example, another captain's knock
Our kicking game was awful.
We missed Grant, but superb effort by Seumanufagai 132m from 14 runs, 37 T 2 MT,
Sue was excellent as well 151m from 16 runs, 31 T 1 MT.
Tedesco was again one of our best, 135m from 16 runs.
Good game by Naiqama, Jennings and Radradra were kept quit.
Simona was quit, and didn't see much ball.

Team selection was questionable, why 3 hookers ???
Why has Aloiai played only 17 minutes?
Rankin is solid but less affective than Richards in attack, we shall try Addo-Carr.
Also Buchanan, he does not deserve his spot, we shall try Chee-Kam, Graham, Griffin or Edwards instead.

That try, only against WT :(

lathami

Post by lathami » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:22 pm

But our overall attack on the forth tackle is dreadful, how many times near the opposition line we run one out for a hit up. Nearly every time in every game we do it that coaching Taylor! What are we waiting for the last before we do anything????? Stupid...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:27 pm

Bengaliwolf wrote:I feel like our problem today was that when Farah came on, we stopped letting our halves call the plays and the game was driven one out from dummy half. We expect that type of play from Robbie but it's just not what we need for this season. If we persist with letting Robbie call the plays we may as well not bother resigning Brooks and Moses. We play best when they get the ball often and are allowed to play free.
That's right it's all Farahs fault. We had two halves who couldn't get out of their own way,
And all the dropped ball sertainly didn't have anything to do with the loss, did it,
Farah went OK for his first game back and when Cherrington did come on there was no better service than before.
I would have thought that Cherringtonton would have come on and taken them on up the middle, being so fresh, but did he even have one run? Not 100%sure, but don't think so.
And Rankin is a waste of time on the wing.
Goal line defence was better, but our attack was terrible

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:27 pm

Russell wrote:We know Robbie can tackle - that is his forte.

The complaint is how fast Brooks and Moses get the ball. This is making them look bad. Not so defensive about Brooks but Moses needs the ball quickly if he is going to run the team.

I don't care how many tackles Robbie does, 80-90 doesn't matter. Halatau needs to be included in this. Slow play the balls and slow dummy half work kills the attack.

Who in the back line starred in attack today? Oh! no one right. What do you put that down to?
The backline played poorly because of the decision making of the halves .
Don't forget to add Taylor in as well for contributing to the loss. Afront rower gone early and we had 2 hookers sitting on the bench
If he thought Farah , or Halatau's service was so bad why did he wait to put Cherrington on with 10 to go? :roll:

lathami

Post by lathami » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:35 pm

Come on, u can say the same for them who stared in their back line???? Crap call to back your opinion against farah!
What about the poor coaching?? Buchanan, Lovett great coach picks?!? How about three hookers in the team?? Yer but all farahs fault..
Parra are a good defensive team!
Farah not there parra by 20 points!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:35 pm

matchball wrote:Brooks is done. Let him chase money and go to the dogs. Moses is the one to keep.
Why ? They were both crud

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:36 pm

cktiger wrote:

The backline played poorly because of the decision making of the halves .
Don't forget to add Taylor in as well for contributing to the loss. Afront rower gone early and we had 2 hookers sitting on the bench
If he thought Farah , or Halatau's service was so bad why did he wait to put Cherrington on with 10 to go? :roll:
If you have very limited time - it is impossible to come up with a good decision.
Agree with your bench scenario though.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:36 pm

cktiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
TIGER wrote:Farah comes off the bench and tops the tackle count and people are still giving it to him, i don't know what some of you expect from him, but the criticism is getting very tiring
Well as hooker my minimum expectation is that he throws a decent pass from dummy half not dribble a ball along the ground.

He was poor. Very slow from dummy half and most passes were behind the player receiving it. Happened several times and caused at least two errors.

I was supportive of his coming straight back into the team. Now Im not sure. The extra energy when Cherro came on was noticeable. Farah didn't bring the same spark when he came on after 20mins.
Extra energy? He came on with 10 minutes left when we desperately needed to score and didn't make a scrap of difference .
Too many dropped balls and poor options by the halves lost the game.
It had nothing to do with Farah.
I dont hate Robbie, may sound like I do, but I have been calling his sloth like service for a while now.
It is below par for a rep rake, hell its slow for FG in general.

Im not here to hammer the guy, but you cannot exactly blame halves for poor decisions when they have minimal time to make them.

We have proven to play alot better through the halves, and today we definitely looked less than threatening offensively. Lawrence being suspended, Siro being injured, Parramatta being extremely effective, or Farah overplaying the hooker role....

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:39 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Bengaliwolf wrote:I feel like our problem today was that when Farah came on, we stopped letting our halves call the plays and the game was driven one out from dummy half. We expect that type of play from Robbie but it's just not what we need for this season. If we persist with letting Robbie call the plays we may as well not bother resigning Brooks and Moses. We play best when they get the ball often and are allowed to play free.
That's right it's all Farahs fault. We had two halves who couldn't get out of their own way,
And all the dropped ball sertainly didn't have anything to do with the loss, did it,
Farah went OK for his first game back and when Cherrington did come on there was no better service than before.
I would have thought that Cherringtonton would have come on and taken them on up the middle, being so fresh, but did he even have one run? Not 100%sure, but don't think so.
And Rankin is a waste of time on the wing.
Goal line defence was better, but our attack was terrible

Have to disagree ggt. Farah did nothing. His service was very poor. I agee that some of the selections were questionable, however, losing our front row forward so early did not help. To much dropped ball for me.

Rankin has done nothing really so ADC should be given a run. Sue drops to much ball for me, Halatau has passed it and the less said about our numer 11 the better!!!

Still the defence was ok and with a bit of luck could have scored a couple of tries. But today it was not to be.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:39 pm

Changed my mind... Went to the beach instead of the club to watch the boys.
Backed a winner it seems

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:42 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Brain explosion by Farah, why kick on 3rd tackle ???
I thought Farah was great. His kick was perfect. The problem was that we gave away two penalties when we had them on the rack. In stating that I think Simona's penalty was a real bad decision.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:Changed my mind... Went to the beach instead of the club to watch the boys.
Backed a winner it seems
good choice.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:45 pm

Not blaming Farah for the loss. Far from it. And I accept that Cherro came on with 10 to go. However, notwithstanding the difference in the speed of our ruck is significant from when Cherro is on and when he is not. Halatau is to blame here too.

In my view, we lost the game from going to Teddy too much. Our backline moves are very predictable.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:48 pm

Farahs service is too slow....

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:50 pm

They were bad in attack before Robbie came on. The issues I had watching live was that attack was one out, there was no backing up, no running angles, they basically played to a plan that only allowed one scoring opportunity per set, they were not reading what was in front of them.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999