3, 2, 1

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 3, 2, 1

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:13 am

Tiger Watto wrote:3. Woods - I've given him the points as it was obvious he had an injury, was tender & man handled by Parra all game, but still kept coming.
2. Ava - Contributed well and kept going. Played too many minutes, but didn't back away
1. Sue - (sorry teddy) Similar to Ava today and continued to make his runs & tackles.

It was very tough going out there today. Both teams belted each other (4 concussion tests) and with the silly bench selections, I was really proud of our forwards.

How good was Teddy defensively!
You are correct about Woods and maybe he wore down their forwards only I can't recall him breaking the line once and getting the ball out, no matter who was dummy half. Nor did he pass much before being taken down so ball always sort of went dead.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:40 am

If I walk out after every loss feeling as proud as I did yesterday then it will be a good season. I thought, as a team, our boys were fantastic. They tried their guts out.

Despite a dodgy bench selection and losing Grant and an interchange (second week in a row!) they fought right to the end. And, against a side that will give some cheek this year.

It was a huge improvement on the dud 35-40 minutes of last week's game against Titans.

We are just one classy, impacting forward short atm. Don't know where the answer lies to solve that.

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 7:13 am

formerguest wrote:
king sirro wrote:I thought Farah was fine. Im no fan of his but he defended well, didnt overplay his hand and made good metres off the back of a tired pack running on empty due to Taylors selections. He did all he could in his first game. He starts next week no problem.
You don't think that the loss of Grant had a lot to do with our pack tiring?

Yes i do combined with with a terrible bench
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:00 am

A agree with a few posters that there were many defensive stars out there including Farah, Lovett, Naiqama, Brooks and Tedesco. However, when combining attack and defense I'd go with;
3- Tedesco (margin would have been far greater without him)
2 - Naiqama (close to most improved player in comp)
1- Ava (non stop effort)

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”