Stupid selections

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Re: Taylor and his dumb benches

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:24 pm

Snake wrote:Is his hands tied by the club in some manner
TigerTorch strongly alluded to this in his post last week. Would explain why Jack didn't get a run for the first two weeks.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:24 pm

Thought players would be picked on form? Buchanen has done nothing to deserve a bench spot, and Halatau hasn't done anything to get a first grade spot either. Surely we have better options. As for the stupidity that was todays bench, I don't know what he was thinking this week, especially against a massive eels pack. Silly silly silly, not even park football coaches would be dumb enough to do soemthing like he did today

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:25 pm

I don't know about this 3 hookers stuff, Hammer is a backup hooker at best. Taylor essentially started with 3 backrowers.

Though I don't disagree, I'd rather see someone like MCK or Edwards get a go, than Buchanan, because we all know what Buchanan can do and it ain't much.

MCK in for Buchanan, JAC in for Rankin. Rowdy comes back next week anyway.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:It was a Sheens bench

If the only reason Buchanan is there is because of the cap as TT alluded to then we're better off having him getting splinters in his backside for 80 mins like he was for the first two weeks, as opposed to him being a liability on the field. I was sitting behind the goal posts when we got a penalty on about halfway in the first half and i pumped my fist, then literally one tenth of a second later i saw him run on from the bench i literally took a gulp of fear. And what do you know, 30 seconds later he costs us. I know its probably a bit unfair to single him out when guys like Ava and Sue made errors when we were in try scoring positions, but those 2 guys have a lot of upsides, Jack doesn't, so his mistakes stand out more, as he there is nothing of substance to make up for his mistakes.

If TT is to be believed then not even people within the club want a guy like Jack in the team. I remember TT specifically saying that if Jack plays our chances will diminish.
His first touch cost us in a reasonable attacking position and I also vented my fury at him not fulfilling his very simple role, but to be fair, from that point onwards he did his job against a big handy pack.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:27 pm

Some curious team selections.

Be interesting to see if there are a couple of changes because the last 2 performances teams have worked us out a bit.

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:34 pm

I imagine the team named will be very similar tomorrow, as per pretty much everyone that plays on a Monday.
That said, we had Griffin and Edwards warming up with the team pre-game today, and I'd take either ahead of Buchanan for the forseeable future.
I'd also like to see MCK get a run on one of the edges whilst Sirro is out. Halatau shouldn't be any more than a bench utility these days.

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:35 pm

Halatau was effectively an interchange backrower more than a hooker, swapping out with Aloiai once Farah came on, so although we technically had three hookers, we weren't rotating them like for like. Doesn't change the fact that we only had one decent forward on the bench at the start of the game. Ava did his best to bring some impact, but we needed three more of him.

I respect Buchanan for having a go, but the team can't carry his errors. I really hope he isn't the best option we have for a bench front rower, but that seems to be the coach's opinion. Shame Matt lodge turned out to be criminally insane or we might have a better looking bench this year.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:38 pm

There are a couple of things hard to deal with
Buch and his and lack of impact together with his errors
Lovett with his Automatic selection and the penalties he gives away

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:57 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:There are a couple of things hard to deal with
Buch and his and lack of impact together with his errors
Lovett with his Automatic selection and the penalties he gives away
I thought it was a pretty decent effort from Lovett today, and our backrow stocks don't exactly give us the luxury of dropping him next week. Do we know the grading on his charge yet? He may not be in the mix next week.

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:31 am

Would we tolerate another few weeks of Buchanan and a couple more losses if it meant getting a new coach?
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Harvey » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:43 am

bigsiro wrote:Would we tolerate another few weeks of Buchanan and a couple more losses if it meant getting a new coach?
WTF? And what will this magical new coach produce? With a wave of a wand Buchanan becomes Shane Webcke

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:51 am

Winnipeg wrote:Lovett might get 2-3 weeks, unless we can get the charges upgraded
Lol... :lol:

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:57 am

It goes without saying that in this hypothetical equation any other coach would not pick Buchanan. (Why would he...)

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 1:13 am

Harvey wrote:
bigsiro wrote:Would we tolerate another few weeks of Buchanan and a couple more losses if it meant getting a new coach?
WTF? And what will this magical new coach produce? With a wave of a wand Buchanan becomes Shane Webcke
Do you know someone who can do that????
Jeez grab Him quick :D
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 2:06 am

It's really sad. I remember watching the Dragons NYC where Jack Buchanan and Jack Stockwell were the dominant props in the league and when we signed him I was really impressed and excited.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 5:42 am

That is our problem......
We don't have X-factor forwards, Lovett and Buchanan are just plodders and will never make a line break.
How there in 1st Grade is an indication of our Salary Cap mess.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:55 am

MacDougall wrote:It's really sad. I remember watching the Dragons NYC where Jack Buchanan and Jack Stockwell were the dominant props in the league and when we signed him I was really impressed and excited.
Totally.
Seems we have a trend here. Excellent NYC players who simply haven't been able to adapt to first grade.

iofthetigers

Unread post by iofthetigers » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 8:02 am

The pressure is Taylor now as he has hit his contract deadline so he will only be paid up until he is dismissed due to his contract structure (at least management has learnt something from the past). Although I think he has improved a lot from last year & it is way to early to write off the season yet.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”