Russell
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:41 am

stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:That's what happen when you let the playmakers run the team

JT this isn't going to work , you need to run this side and they need to be more selective and take better options
I have no idea what this means but it doesn't sound anything at all like what we need.
And I won't bother trying to explain it because you don't get it and never will

Taylor does want some wants him to do and here we are :brick:
I understand where you are coming from. Taylor can do nothing at all wrong and if he does make a mistake it's from listening to the wrong people.

I can't wait until Taylor is gone for the sole reason as I won't have to read the dribble dished up on here to justify this guy. Taylor has plenty of faults but his fans are the hardest thing to take.
His detractors are worse.

All been sitting in the wings waiting for their chance. Very childish!

Chevy
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Chevy » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:29 pm

Brooks looks lost at times,WT should get A Johns in to work with both halves.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:38 pm

We didn't look do bad until Robbie came on and shut our attack down.
He played too many mins and Cherrington should have come on at half time.

magpiecol
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 1:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

JT this isn't going to work , you need to run this side and they need to be more selective and take better options
I have no idea what this means but it doesn't sound anything at all like what we need.

What the hell are you on about????

Parra won on the back of some good defence and some dubious decisions. I have seen plenty of tries disallowed under the same circumstances. Some good defence from our blokes with Teddy and Brooks being the standouts. Brooks in particular hit hard and often.

Some changes need to be made, depending on the third tier salary cap. Buchanan, Lovett, Rankin (maybe a bench spot as he can play a lot of positions) need to go, with Chee Cam and another forward brought in. Ado-Carr onto the wing would not hurt.

Sue and Ava need to get some super glue on their hands.

The Tooth

Unread post by The Tooth » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 2:24 pm

I was quite happy with the effort and the improvement in defense. It sucks to lose, but Parra are tough team and i think both teams were about equal. It could have easily been 8-0 to the Tigers.

Mac tiger

Unread post by Mac tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 7:46 pm

This team is on the rise but still a lot of inexperience. While it is possible to make the semis this year, it is not probable, next best is to be competitive in every game and so far the boys have done that. Well done lads!

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:57 pm

magpiecol wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

What the hell are you on about????

Parra won on the back of some good defence and some dubious decisions. I have seen plenty of tries disallowed under the same circumstances. Some good defence from our blokes with Teddy and Brooks being the standouts. Brooks in particular hit hard and often.

Some changes need to be made, depending on the third tier salary cap. Buchanan, Lovett, Rankin (maybe a bench spot as he can play a lot of positions) need to go, with Chee Cam and another forward brought in. Ado-Carr onto the wing would not hurt.

Sue and Ava need to get some super glue on their hands.
What am I on about Col ??

Is reading a weakness col ??

Everyone wants Taylor to pass the attacking onus on to the players , which he has done

Problem is when they (Brooks and to a lesser extent Moses) get flustered by a half decent defence they go down in a big heap

They overplay Tedesco (Michael Gordon even admitted as much in the MMM interviews ) and we have no left side attack because our halves think it is NYC still

We still need structures in place and we need far more patience and need to wait for the opportunities to arise (and they will ) and then keep calm and convert the limited opportunities when they arise

How many times in the last 14 months have we seen this side go to water because they can't crack a side in the first 20 minutes

That's the problem Col , that's my problem You don't see that ??

Black'n'White
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:44 am

I dont see what all the doom and gloom is about.

We lost 8-0 to a team who on paper should have had it all over us. Their pack was bigger, Foran would give them the nod in the halves, and every team in the league struggles to deal with Radrada.

We shut them down for the most part, we had our fair share of errors, but it wasnt a disgrace by any stretch of the means.

Im not blaming Rankin, but on a different day he wouldnt have slipped over, and he was a yard off the cross field kick.

Also not blaming Robbie for anything he personally did, though it seemed at times the team was almost confused between playing the old Robie centric style, to the more current play through the halves game. I distinctly remember Woods getting a ball close to the line (within 5M) where he stopped expecting the old Robbie run around only to take the tackle while standing still. Some other sets the pigs reverted to the old run off Robbie into the ruck for a set, instead of the width that they had in earlier games for better metres.

I think we put in an admirable performace withstanding the errors. Robbie is a big personality and was always going to take an adjustment period to find its groove on the park after what is a different brand of footy we were playing without him, alot more through the halves. Parra is probably up there with the Broncos and Dogs for one of the worst teams to run into to try work out the kinks, and when the chips went down reverting to old habits.

Just football in an evolving team...

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 1:00 am

Black and White, I think you have it right, it was a blend game where we lost advantages of both styles. Shame Farah did not score when think of it was probably the closest we got to the line.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”