Broses

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Broses

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:15 pm

Their kicking games in all probability will never improve- you either have that skill or you don't, our halves don't. Worst thing that could of happened was Moses pulling a great kick out of his arse against Manly- he now thinks he can do it regularly and he hasn't pulled off a decent kick in the 2 games since, neither has Brooks.
A good kicking game is just so vital in the NRL these days it is suicide to persist with blokes who have below-pitiful kicking games. I would nearly swap Soward for either of our halves ATM.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:15 pm

i can cop quiet games but both of them were abysmal. If I were them I'd be re-signing asap, their value will decrease with a few more performances like today.

Fade To Black
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:17 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:BROS would be a more apt nickname for our halves. Just like those couple of shirtlifters than sung dodgy songs in the 80s. Today was a disgustingly inept display. No tears from me if 1 or both decide to chase the cash elsewhere and leave at season's end.
Dude Storm are playing
Thanks dude. Cowabunga.

greatodensraven
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:36 pm

I didn't think they were terrible. Defence wise, brooks has been good, Moses not as effective but is not shying from the task. Execution in attack was off for everyone today, too much drop ball, ie. If rankin takes that kick from brooks, sue doesn't drop the short ball from brooks, Nofo takes the chip from Moses, gurherson doesn't knock down the ball from brooks (or Moses) & teddy hits rankin on the chest rather than throwing the ball over the sideline....leads to a Tigers win.

I agree though our kicking game needs to improve big time.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:38 pm

tiga4eva wrote:i can cop quiet games but both of them were abysmal. If I were them I'd be re-signing asap, their value will decrease with a few more performances like today.
They aren't really first grade footbal players on today's effort. It's that simple.

Yossarian
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:49 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:I think you're probably being a bit hard on Moses. Brooks on the other hand seems to be going backwards. It's tough to recall him being a strong performer for us in a game recently.

I agree Moses is the better player than Brooks,both had a huge hype surrounding them when first put into the NRL side....I understand that they must learn,however if you remember they made a big deal about talking to JT and how they want to play football.....unfortunately today they were shown up by a team on the improve and not without mistakes,and yet these two couldn't capitalize on the situation...maybe they should let the coach tell them how to play football as their method seems ordinary....at this stage of their careers they may improve with a lot more work,however they seem at this stage as being very overrated considering the hype....
Well last year they were supposedly playing under Taylor's system and Brooks was pretty similar. Moses has improved. IMO anyway.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:54 pm

Demps wrote:Tbh out of the pair...

Moses looks superior.
I agree

Today both went missing when we needed our so called star players to step up
Get them to wait till June, on current form we can sign their contracts for $150K

Even that is an over inflated price IMO

MightyTiger

Unread post by MightyTiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:56 pm

Everyone goes on about how these two need to stick together but watching brooks and moses over the past year or two i really believe that moses actually plays better without brooks.

When playing together they look clumsy and seem to clash. Moses is not a five eight and plays so much better at halfback.

Brooks to me looks bored, disinterested and not committed. I actually think if brooks left and we got a five eight like Blake Green we would be far better off on the field and salary cap wise.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:58 pm

Kicking for your wingers on tackle 2 and 3,consistently ,is low percentage and shows a lack of maturity for the team. They've each played approx. 50 games, I expected them to steer us to a win today, but they were woeful. They spoke to the Coach re: playing to their style, they're clearly not able to dictate a structure as they're not good enough to execute it.
So disappointed in this pair. For the amount of money they're demanding or commanding, they need to win games, often.

Black Orange White

Unread post by Black Orange White » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:00 pm

We're not going far with a high paid passenger like Brooks. If another club wants to give him 500k, by all means do it. He does pretty much nothing all game, and has the vision/kicking game of a rock.

Moses is better, but not great, but at least he's flashed superstar potential consistently. He's a keeper.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Snake » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:15 pm

Until the contractual situation has been settled nothing much will change ,Brooke's mind is somewhere else ..he has to man up and decide what he is doing .I am sure he has the offer but from who ? But for all concerned better to get it out of the way so he can adapt to the team he is going to play for in the future or the club can start to look at filling his position IMO that position should be taken by Moses.
My feeling is play for one not both I would go with Moses .

beachtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by beachtiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:17 pm

I'm not going to blitz the boys as I think they are trying their best for our team but I must admit they to seem a little lost for ideas when things get tough.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but towards the back end of the game we were attacking their line, Robbie was taking the tap on Simona's side of the field and he called for the play from Brooks and the young bloke just threw his arm forward for a one out hit up. It was a nothing play and considering we were down by 8 and only 10-15m out from the try line we needed some more creativity, especially now that the boys have been given freedom to play that way.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:18 pm

Moses is my fav player at the moment...
His potential is limitless.
We haven't even seen his best and he's still got some size to put on.

Brooks defo looked unsure out there.
I hope he really improves.

Love the WestsTigers

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:22 pm

beachtiger wrote:I'm not going to blitz the boys as I think they are trying their best for our team but I must admit they to seem a little lost for ideas when things get tough.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but towards the back end of the game we were attacking their line, Robbie was taking the tap on Simona's side of the field and he called for the play from Brooks and the young bloke just threw his arm forward for a one out hit up. It was a nothing play and considering we were down by 8 and only 10-15m out from the try line we needed some more creativity, especially now that the boys have been given freedom to play that way.
you know what, even though Robbie is well criticised for not letting go I would have loved it for him to take control today
He did once and got us a repeat set

He has publicly said he will let the halves run the show but I personally think we could have benefitted from Robbies experience today if he did take control

He probably thought twice of the Taylor spray after the game and held back

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:27 pm

Well for all the bagging of Brooks and Moses performances the opposing set of halves were equally less than impressive - just wondering if people think they are overpaid as well.
Just an ugly game with no attacking flair by anyone. For those whining about our defence though cant bag that effort today.

Love the WestsTigers

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:37 pm

Telltails wrote:Well for all the bagging of Brooks and Moses performances the opposing set of halves were equally less than impressive - just wondering if people think they are overpaid as well.
Just an ugly game with no attacking flair by anyone. For those whining about our defence though cant bag that effort today.

Surely you are not letting emotions get in the way comparing our 6 & 7 with theirs ...

Did you see how MANY bombs Teddy had to defuse ?? Now count how many our halves put up for Parra to defuse.

You have to call it as we saw it and today these two were NO good in attack

On the topic of Defence, I cant disagree, they did well there

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by TYGA » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:48 pm

They played as well as they were allowed to. Parra dominated our forwards and ruck speed.
They almost charged down every kick as we never got fast play the balls. Our service out of dummy half was also terrible. I am happy with Brooks Defence he hits hard and is not scared.

These two and Tedesco are the future of the club.

TigerOfBankstown

Unread post by TigerOfBankstown » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:48 pm

No need to hit the suicide bomber button. Parra will be a top 4 team this season, they have some big boppers in their team, the boys looked exhausted against a very determined well structured outfit.. Tigers have showed enough in the first 4 week to convince me that they will remain competitive and improve minus any major injury toll. We were tipped to run bottom two, we are exceeding expectations.. Hence be patient and let's stick to the plan..

We got completely shut down today..

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”