Broses

Love the WestsTigers

Re: Broses

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:49 pm

Parra wont be top 4 if those cheats lose comp points for Salary cRap breaches

TigerOfBankstown

Post by TigerOfBankstown » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:56 pm

Oh well, just shows that you should never let the other bros do your accounting for you, unlike the very successful rorters..

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:32 pm

The only concern is we revert to sideline shifts every time we are challenged. Like a punch drunk fighter going back to his signature play. It's predictable and we need more than Teddy on the left and right side five eighth. We need to get Simona in the game more often.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:40 pm

The game is being replayed right now.
I'm just watching them at present and it is true that they had very good games in defence. I am not convinced Luke's heart isn't with us and his head is elsewhere...he tackled like a demon which he didn't do at all last year when most of the time he was a fresh air hand grabber. Moses has always had a go in defence as far as I'm concerned and did so all game today again.

It's their ideas about how you finish off a set that angers me. They regularly turn the ball over in cheap fashion with useless chip kicks or just heave the ball wide with no real plan expecting the outside men will create something. It never seems to cross their minds that building pressure on your opposition with repeat sets or kicks to the corners with good kick chases, trapping their wingers on their own line will fatigue their packs. That you don't have to score 10 tries to dominate your opposition. That a well executed plan trumps x factor brilliance on most occasions.

I claimed we'd make the 8 before the season started mainly because of these two and their combinations with Ted. I still think it's possible but these two haven't matured as playmakers as I had hoped. They do brilliant things but cant control games and closeout opposition. There's still time to correct their games but they are a concern presently.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:45 pm

I don't think they were that bad at all today....Last plays needs to be worked on but you could say that about just about every team in the Comp...

Some of the things they tried today stick...we probably be singing their praises...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:52 pm

I was at the game and they did defend well,as did the whole team but Moses was under too much pressure with his kicks (not getting the ball quickly enough?) and Brooks threw the pass to nobody 2 or 3 times under no pressure at all. I know you see more detail by watching the game on TV so I won't say that either of them should be sacked but Brooks especially needs to get his act together. That being said, Parra's halves weren't great either.

krayola

Post by krayola » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:52 pm

Watching today I wondered about Brooks' fitness. He seemed fatigued by the 60 minute mark. That makes a huge difference to your decision making and accuracy.

I know this sounds crazy but...he'd by amazing off the bench imo. Play the last 20-30 minutes
like he did in the trials. Play Rankin in the halves to start and let Moses dominate, as he seems to excel at this. Put Addo on the wing and take Rankin off to be replaced by Brooks at the end of games.

For all the talk about his lack of enthusiasm, that seems to just be him. Even when he's done amazing things his expression barely changes. Uninterested players don't make tackles like he did today. I really think that he just needs to settle his contract nonsense and get a few games under his belt to gain full fitness.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:55 pm

stryker wrote:The game is being replayed right now.
I'm just watching them at present and it is true that they had very good games in defence. I am not convinced Luke's heart isn't with us and his head is elsewhere...he tackled like a demon which he didn't do at all last year when most of the time he was a fresh air hand grabber. Moses has always had a go in defence as far as I'm concerned and did so all game today again.

It's their ideas about how you finish off a set that angers me. They regularly turn the ball over in cheap fashion with useless chip kicks or just heave the ball wide with no real plan expecting the outside men will create something. It never seems to cross their minds that building pressure on your opposition with repeat sets or kicks to the corners with good kick chases, trapping their wingers on their own line will fatigue their packs. That you don't have to score 10 tries to dominate your opposition. That a well executed plan trumps x factor brilliance on most occasions.

I claimed we'd make the 8 before the season started mainly because of these two and their combinations with Ted. I still think it's possible but these two haven't matured as playmakers as I had hoped. They do brilliant things but cant control games and closeout opposition. There's still time to correct their games but they are a concern presently.
And JT is too stuck on his ideas but for the Teams sake I think Farah still needs to take control when these two are lost for directions

It will add to that extra threat Robbie has taking some pressure of these two and hopefully giving them more room to play

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:05 pm

TYGA wrote:The only concern is we revert to sideline shifts every time we are challenged. Like a punch drunk fighter going back to his signature play. It's predictable and we need more than Teddy on the left and right side five eighth. We need to get Simona in the game more often.
Agree, definitely too much lateral movement at times. Admittedly they don't have a backrower to run a good line, but they do seem to panic a tad when plan A gets shut down.
Short kicking game is well below par as well, I don't remember them putting a single kick into the in goal today at all, let alone getting a repeat set (Farah won our only dropout IIRC).
The dummy-half service was garbage today, but that doesn't excuse a lot of their decision making.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:06 pm

Yes for sure.
Watching this last 20 minutes I still can't believe we lost today. We have had a dozen good chances to score.

Also...we 100% did not lose the ruck.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:22 pm

tiga4eva wrote:i can cop quiet games but both of them were abysmal. If I were them I'd be re-signing asap, their value will decrease with a few more performances like today.
So you'd sign them on their poor performances ?..

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:30 pm

ricksen wrote:
TYGA wrote:The only concern is we revert to sideline shifts every time we are challenged. Like a punch drunk fighter going back to his signature play. It's predictable and we need more than Teddy on the left and right side five eighth. We need to get Simona in the game more often.
Agree, definitely too much lateral movement at times. Admittedly they don't have a backrower to run a good line, but they do seem to panic a tad when plan A gets shut down.
Short kicking game is well below par as well, I don't remember them putting a single kick into the in goal today at all, let alone getting a repeat set (Farah won our only dropout IIRC).
The dummy-half service was garbage today, but that doesn't excuse a lot of their decision making.
Spot on. We need 2 back rowers that run the courage line back in on the defence like Gareth Ellis used to. In today's game you basically need to power back rowers with big motors out wide. It would help straighten up our attack.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:33 pm

TYGA wrote:
ricksen wrote:
Spot on. We need 2 back rowers that run the courage line back in on the defence like Gareth Ellis used to. In today's game you basically need to power back rowers with big motors out wide. It would help straighten up our attack.
Lawrence and Sirro do both run similar lines to Ellis but sometimes their hands let them down.

We dropped some ball today too which was really frustrating

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:37 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
TYGA wrote:
ricksen wrote:
Lawrence and Sirro do both run similar lines to Ellis but sometimes their hands let them down.

A Ferrari and a Corolla can drive on the same road which is about as fair a comparison of Sirro or Lawrence to Ellis. That said Lawrence is going well which, is good to see.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:39 pm

tigerap wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:i can cop quiet games but both of them were abysmal. If I were them I'd be re-signing asap, their value will decrease with a few more performances like today.
So you'd sign them on their poor performances ?..
No, I said IF I WERE THEM, ID RE-SIGN

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:40 pm

TYGA wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
TYGA wrote:
ricksen wrote:

A Ferrari and a Corolla can drive on the same road which is about as fair a comparison of Sirro or Lawrence to Ellis. That said Lawrence is going well which, is good to see.
Hahaha not bad comparison, how about a comparison to Luke Lewis ?

Personally I don't think I was way too off with my analogy or was I

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:24 am

I think they got a fair bit of ordinary service from dummy half and Parra pressured the halves very well.

I feel we shut out Foran and Corey Norman probably just as effectively as they shut out Broses, and Forman are supposed to be one of the form combinations in the comp. In fact I thought Parra were fairly average in attack, just one bad read was the difference and Paulo had a wow of a game.

BUT - Broses have to learn to stop executing plays when they have clearly come unstuck. Today was a lot of passes behind the runner and poorly thought-out kicks, straight from the Benji Marshall handbook.

Very occasionally they tuck the ball under the arm and run - and I don't know why. They should both run more, otherwise defenses learn to hang off and pick up Tedesco coming around. Also if the play goes to put, take a hit-up boys, that what halves are supposed to do.

We don't play direct enough when the opposition defence holds. stryker got it all right as OP, we are flat-track bullies against ragged defensive lines. But quality defence, which is what we would face in September, really fatigues and frustrates our halves, and they just turn the trick shots up a bit more.

And without wanting to go back too much into 2015 arguments, it certainly gives credit to the idea of why JT wanted to reign Broses in a bit. They can attack sure, we've all seen it, but it doesn't always click and they can have really unacceptable lean streaks at times. You can't take the infrequent flogging of some sides, even some quality sides, as an indicator that the halves should just be allowed to attack as they see fit. They are still immature and don't know how to take control of tight games on a consistent basis.

PS did you see Parra 5 hit-ups and bomb on 6th for 90% of the game?

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:46 am

Russell wrote:
MacDougall wrote:We should talk to the Storm about doing a swap deal with Cronk I reckon. Give Bellamy a gun youngster in exchange for a gun experienced bloke. Cronk wants to move back to Sydney anyway. Cronk for Brooks please.
Yeah! sure Mac. Bellamy's answer would be - I'll take Brooks and $700,000.

Cronk would not be half as good in our team.
It's thinking like this by our own fans which leaves us in bad situations with average players. Get over your inferiority complex and shoot for the stars. Cronk is one billion times better than brooks and would make any team he played better 100%.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again