Broses

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Broses

Unread post by stryker » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:28 pm

These guys are not rookies. They have been in the system for a while now.
When the going is good i.e. when their opposition is off and defensive lines are not straight they are great to watch....HOWEVER. When we play good sides who committ to defence for 80 minutes they do not deliver. They play what is in front of them too much and dont plan ahead. They do not play chess out there with the defence. They dont even seem to spot weak opposition and target them. They just run and jink and push passes and kick and hope.

Today was a great example. They had plenty of ball, plenty of field position and just produced nothing. They tried hard but they dont seem to enact plans and chip away until they checkmate the defence and we score. Usually we score when the defence makes a mistake moreso than when we force them to miss by running them ragged (with some obvious exceptions). These guys should be doing better.

If I had to rate them over 4 games thus far Id say Mitch = 5.5/10, Luke 4/10. As a partnership...not real good. Its not fair to the guys who are desperatly defending their butts off to walk off the field to a duck egg. They were let down last week as well....in fact you could argue that our attack (even though it has been brilliant at times) is our weaklink this year. Our defence was great today forcing a few turnovers. We got quite a few penalties at the right times. To not score was unsatisfactory in the extreme. These guys are not living up to their hype and are not earning their dough.

Taylor has his hands full to turn this around. I was happy to hear the reigns were being loosened so to speak but have been very dissappointed in these guys. At this stage Im afraid, they are simply not as good as we had hoped.

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 99 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:32 pm

I think you're probably being a bit hard on Moses. Brooks on the other hand seems to be going backwards. It's tough to recall him being a strong performer for us in a game recently.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:35 pm

Tbh out of the pair...

Moses looks superior.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:35 pm

We should talk to the Storm about doing a swap deal with Cronk I reckon. Give Bellamy a gun youngster in exchange for a gun experienced bloke. Cronk wants to move back to Sydney anyway. Cronk for Brooks please.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:39 pm

stryker wrote:Mitch = 5.5/10, Luke 4/10.
I reckon this is fair but maybe you are rating them too highly . Moses was great the first 2 games but then he has been ordinary and terrible today. Brooks had one good game and then he has been ordinary. I thought Moses was much worse than Brooks today though.

I don't know what to say. They don't deserve anything close to what they appear to be asking for as well.

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:41 pm

Generally I agree, but it's a bit hard to run a system when the service from DH is so putrid.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:46 pm

ricksen wrote:Generally I agree, but it's a bit hard to run a system when the service from DH is so putrid.
They had plenty of time - they just keep taking the wrong options.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:52 pm

cktiger wrote:
ricksen wrote:Generally I agree, but it's a bit hard to run a system when the service from DH is so putrid.
Yep. I don't get the comments regarding the service that they received. The forwards turned up. They got clean quick ball from dummy half. They have good outside backs to give the ball too.

Russell
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 107 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:56 pm

MacDougall wrote:We should talk to the Storm about doing a swap deal with Cronk I reckon. Give Bellamy a gun youngster in exchange for a gun experienced bloke. Cronk wants to move back to Sydney anyway. Cronk for Brooks please.
Yeah! sure Mac. Bellamy's answer would be - I'll take Brooks and $700,000.

Cronk would not be half as good in our team.

Muffstar
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Muffstar » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:57 pm

Brooks looks like he is not interested maybe his mind is elsewhere - doggies.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:02 pm

Moses has been pressured into rushing decisions. Reluctant to be hard on Moses when I feel he is left to most of the decision making. It's stunting his progress, Brooks is going backwards though.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:02 pm

Russell wrote:
MacDougall wrote:We should talk to the Storm about doing a swap deal with Cronk I reckon. Give Bellamy a gun youngster in exchange for a gun experienced bloke. Cronk wants to move back to Sydney anyway. Cronk for Brooks please.
Yeah! sure Mac. Bellamy's answer would be - I'll take Brooks and $700,000.

Cronk would not be half as good in our team.
Cronk is off contract and wants to return to Sydney. Bellamy needs a succession plan. He's a player development genius. I think he'd like the idea.

And Cronk would be fantastic for our team tbh. We'll just have to agree to disagree there.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:03 pm

BROS would be a more apt nickname for our halves. Just like those couple of shirtlifters than sung dodgy songs in the 80s. Today was a disgustingly inept display. No tears from me if 1 or both decide to chase the cash elsewhere and leave at season's end.

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:06 pm

Fade To Black wrote:BROS would be a more apt nickname for our halves. Just like those couple of shirtlifters than sung dodgy songs in the 80s. Today was a disgustingly inept display. No tears from me if 1 or both decide to chase the cash elsewhere and leave at season's end.
Dude Storm are playing

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:07 pm

cktiger wrote:
They made some bad choices, but many of them were influenced by their lack of time. How many times were they both tackled whilst kicking, despite a reasonably quick PTB?
They have to wear their mistakes, but so many of our issues came out of dummy half today.

Thunderlips

Unread post by Thunderlips » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:07 pm

Rankin is a competant winger, though as far as offense threatening wingers go, he might be the worst in the comp. Is there any young Taniela Tuiaki types coming through the juniors we can give a go?

Lovett is tolerable, he's got heart and has a good go. Should be on the bench

Buchanan has to go, he's got nothing.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:07 pm

Muffstar wrote:Brooks looks like he is not interested maybe his mind is elsewhere - doggies.
If thats the case then I say swap him out for someone who will have a go. Rankin is not a first grade winger thats for sure...he does however have a go, is not scared to take the line on mid field with late footwork and has ball skills that are wasted on the flanks.

I know it wont happen barring injury but if it does I would be interested to see how he goes at 7.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:09 pm

Yossarian wrote:I think you're probably being a bit hard on Moses. Brooks on the other hand seems to be going backwards. It's tough to recall him being a strong performer for us in a game recently.

I agree Moses is the better player than Brooks,both had a huge hype surrounding them when first put into the NRL side....I understand that they must learn,however if you remember they made a big deal about talking to JT and how they want to play football.....unfortunately today they were shown up by a team on the improve and not without mistakes,and yet these two couldn't capitalize on the situation...maybe they should let the coach tell them how to play football as their method seems ordinary....at this stage of their careers they may improve with a lot more work,however they seem at this stage as being very overrated considering the hype....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”