We didn't adapt to Parramatta's linespeed because we lost the forward battle

barra

Re: We didn't adapt to Parramatta's linespeed because we lost the forward battle

Post by barra » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:15 am

happy tiger wrote:
barra wrote:Agree with that Happy but our don't seem to be remotely organised enough to be able to do this... age or fatigue?

I just don't see that amount of organising ability once we're under the pump - maybe Moses can?
Inexperience Barra

They don't know how to deal with and don't have the time or skill to organize it

The little grubber is the easiest one , but it has it's risk as well , but our defence is getting to the stage where you can probably back it to defend a short kick turnover
Hmmm we do have a halves coach don't we?

They need some intensive work on this. I reckon the other aspects of their game are okay, just need to work on the finer points and decision making.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:25 am

Paris Cobbs wrote:
stryker wrote:We had more than enough opportunities. The forwards worked extremely hard and got us good field position many times. Our halves aren't good enough to take advantage. They just aren't.
This is what I felt after watching today's game - neither Moses nor Brooks looked up to it. My response would be to go back to playing Robbie 80 minutes and make him captain again! Scrap that stupid leadership committee that has half the team in it. At crucial moments when we had chances and were still in the game, there was no leadership, no plan. Robbie has the experience they needed in leadership today.

Well he didn't show it - you don't need to be captain to stand up.

It wasn't all commissioned officers that won VC's in the wars.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:28 am

barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
barra wrote:Agree with that Happy but our don't seem to be remotely organised enough to be able to do this... age or fatigue?

I just don't see that amount of organising ability once we're under the pump - maybe Moses can?
Inexperience Barra

They don't know how to deal with and don't have the time or skill to organize it

The little grubber is the easiest one , but it has it's risk as well , but our defence is getting to the stage where you can probably back it to defend a short kick turnover

They need some intensive work on this. I reckon the other aspects of their game are okay, just need to work on the finer points and decision making.
I think the easiest solution is to develop our left side attack and get Tedesco to spend a bit more time on that left side and our play both Brooks and Moses left side

That's where the switch came come in handy

Even if the left side worked some simple roundarounds (even my son has this move , twister its called two roundarounds with a cut out to the outside centre /winger ) and they can execute it as well :lol: it creates some confusion and stops the defence name calling Tedesco all day

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:31 am

happy tiger wrote:
barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Inexperience Barra

I think the easiest solution is to develop our left side attack and get Tedesco to spend a bit more time on that left side and our play both Brooks and Moses left side

Even if the left side worked some simple roundarounds (even my son has this move , twister its called two roundarounds with a cut out to the outside centre /winger ) and they can execute it as well :lol: it creates some confusion and stops the defence name calling Tedesco all day
:shock: :shock: :shock: here we go again...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:41 am

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Inexperience Barra

Happy sucks on cane toads at half time instead of oranges :lol:....while playing Twister on the side line :roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

doublesonthemain

Post by doublesonthemain » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:25 pm

I just think the Eels have improved a hell of a lot now that Scott, who was terrific, and Foran are leading them around through their actions and experience. Also think our halves are missing Sironen and Lawrence, they both run great lines & decoys as well as provide other options to hit with a short ball. The backrowes yesterday were simply playing tight and did as good a job as could be expected. Actually thought Lovett was good, played 80 minutes and helped keep the Eels back rowers in check. We just made a few too many errors. And I just give full credit to the Eels, what they're doing is pretty effective at present.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:39 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
barra wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Inexperience Barra

Yeah whatever Geo :roll:

Point is Peter Sterling still says the easiest attacking option is the run around which creates the extra man followed by catch , draw and pass

How bloody hard , really

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 1:16 pm

Demps wrote:I think Cherrington shoukld have been used towards the last 20 off each half...
Farah should've started and Halatau on the bench or dropped for Griffin or Che-Kam.

We all know this though,
so whats the coach's excuse?

Second tier salary cap maybe?