Brooks and Moses = Way too kick happy

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Brooks and Moses = Way too kick happy

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:34 pm

They lack so much patience. Sure the kicks will pay off sometimes like against Manly, but then they'll be more times they don't. They both went for the big play with the kick to the winger before the 5th. They need to reign it in.

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:37 pm

Imo one has to go!!!!!
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:30 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Imo one has to go!!!!!
Wouldn't go that far but they if we're looking for guys to constantly go for the low percentage play we might as well bring Marshall back.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:38 pm

Littlejohn played very well in the first round when he deputised for Moses. I wonder what his chances are of replacing Brooks next week.

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:40 pm

I mentioned in a recent post that these 2 may go play somewhere else and tear us apart. I'm sick and tired of the garbage these 2 come up with 9 out of 10 games. I haven't seen today's game but listened to it driving home from Townsville. The ABC commentators were not very complimentary to them. In fact they said that they were awful today. Surely we can't pay these 2 top dollar for consistently bad performances. They've lost me.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:45 pm

cqtiger wrote:I mentioned in a recent post that these 2 may go play somewhere else and tear us apart. I'm sick and tired of the garbage these 2 come up with 9 out of 10 games. I haven't seen today's game but listened to it driving home from Townsville. The ABC commentators were not very complimentary to them. In fact they said that they were awful today. Surely we can't pay these 2 top dollar for consistently bad performances. They've lost me.
When the defence isn't really tight , they look good. But I don't remember seeing two hyped halves who get tied down so easily against a good first grade defence. They can't say that they haven't had a fair go. I'd like to see more of Littlejohn.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:48 pm

cqtiger wrote:I mentioned in a recent post that these 2 may go play somewhere else and tear us apart. I'm sick and tired of the garbage these 2 come up with 9 out of 10 games. I haven't seen today's game but listened to it driving home from Townsville. The ABC commentators were not very complimentary to them. In fact they said that they were awful today. Surely we can't pay these 2 top dollar for consistently bad performances. They've lost me.
They were so bad. They are in key positions and have to make the right decisions at the right time. They pushed passes, passed behind players and put up poor kicks at the wrong time. It was a lesson in what not to do.
Last edited by stevetiger on Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:49 pm

Brooks was gone all game, he was often out of position and bent over gasping for air. No idea if he was injured but Moses played most of the game at halfback & 5/8th with no support from Brooks at all.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:10 pm

Parra's halves weren't much better.,all they did was bomb to Teddy..and they paid much more for their halves than we did.
Brooks pulled off a couple of big tackles
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:15 pm

There was no need for Moses to kick it after we got the ball back from the stray pass. Parra defence was in tatters, all he had to do was put it through the hands, and he goes for the hero play.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by MightyMaggy » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:16 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:Brooks was gone all game, he was often out of position and bent over gasping for air. No idea if he was injured but Moses played most of the game at halfback & 5/8th with no support from Brooks at all.
If it is still possible to view the videos from the early season trip to the Central Coast, you will see Brooks struggling running up stairs and being passed by some big forwards. He was obviously no where near the condition you would expect from a young half-back at any time of the year. Is he still in poor condition?

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:19 pm

I think it's now or never for our coach to make a big call and drop one of our halves and bring in Littlejohn. Seems like he handled round 1 and has played well since in reserves.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:22 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:There was no need for Moses to kick it after we got the ball back from the stray pass. Parra defence was in tatters, all he had to do was put it through the hands, and he goes for the hero play.
Yes but that play actually worked - Simona caught the ball and passed to Rankin who had the line wide open and he fell over.

Moses also put in a perfect little chip for Nofoluma which should have been a try but Nofa was slow and behind the play

Brooks on the other hand kicked it out on the 3rd tackle when kicking to the wing.

Moses is the future , Brooks isn't anywhere near the same level and imo won't be

hobbo
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:There was no need for Moses to kick it after we got the ball back from the stray pass. Parra defence was in tatters, all he had to do was put it through the hands, and he goes for the hero play.
That was so dumb , I can't believe we didn't score then .
Not only do both halves go for the poor percentage hero play , they also hit panic stations far too often .
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

tigerap
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:24 pm

Moses plays so much better when Brooks isn't there.....

I can get the hype around Moses but not entirely sold on Brooks...

JLJ maybe deserves a run again,,,,

Also, Farah way too slow for the modern game...his service to the halves is very poor today

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:12 pm

Tigerdon wrote:Parra's halves weren't much better.,all they did was bomb to Teddy..and they paid much more for their halves than we did.
Brooks pulled off a couple of big tackles
Both sets of halves were ineffective in attack today. It was an ugly game won on defence and in previous years in a game like this we would have got hammered especially with the amount of errors we made.
If people rate Parra as a top four side they certainly didnt upstage us today. Not a great performance by any means - but we competed well, even when we put pressure on ourselves.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:17 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wouldn't go that far but they if we're looking for guys to constantly go for the low percentage play we might as well bring Marshall back.

LOL, we said (unless you were truly being sarcastic)

At least with Marshal I knew we ALWAYS had a chance of winning the game
I knew Miracles could happen

With Mosses and Brooks at the moment, even the scarecrow wouldn't fall for their dummy

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 9:23 pm

maxxy86 wrote:I think it's now or never for our coach to make a big call and drop one of our halves and bring in Littlejohn. Seems like he handled round 1 and has played well since in reserves.
They won't drop either of them,
They are terrified that they won't stay and are dead
scared to upset them.
That should have been done long ago, now they think that they're way better than they are.
If they had been dropped even got a few games , they may have learnt that they are not up on the top level and have a long way to go.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”