Manaia Cherrington

stevetiger

Re: Manaia Cherrington

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 5:41 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:It was a masterstroke playing him for 8 minutes...
I think he should have been played for 5 minutes.

If we are being honest he looked great for those 8 minutes but the past couple of games where he has been give a lot more time on the field he hasn't looked good.

Continue on with the Farah hate but he put in the best dummy half performance that we've had this year against Parra.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:02 pm

stevetiger wrote:

If we are being honest he looked great for those 8 minutes but the past couple of games where he has been give a lot more time on the field he hasn't looked good.

Continue on with the Farah hate but he put in the best dummy half performance that we've had this year against Parra.
How do you judge that? Slow service, running and looking before passing, and those inside balls back to the ruck achieve nothing.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by clokan » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:13 pm

Harvey wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

How do you judge that? Slow service, running and looking before passing, and those inside balls back to the ruck achieve nothing.
I actually thought Farah played well considering it was his first game, but it was nothing to write home about

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:15 pm

Harvey wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

I thought he was really good. We looked so much better when he was out there and came up with solid plays at the right time. The service wasn't slow. Yes he turned it back inside a couple of times but it wasn't poor play.

I have never been a Farah fan. I recognise how good he can be but the options he has taken at times have killed us. In stating all of that he was great out there. I would have played him in the halves when Cherrington came on and gotten rid of one of Brooks or Moses or maybe both.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:19 pm

Farah's service from DH was a little slow.

However I distinctly remember two plays in the first half that stood out like dogs balls.

1. 5th tackle, Brooks and Moses to his left, he decides to go right, grubber and we get a repeat set. It was our only one all game. It was the right option.

2. Kicking on the third, hit it straight into the in goal and with a good chase we had them camped on their own 10 metre line.

These two plays alone were better than anything our halves came up with all afternoon.

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:23 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Farah's service from DH was a little slow.

However I distinctly remember two plays in the first half that stood out like dogs balls.

1. 5th tackle, Brooks and Moses to his left, he decides to go right, grubber and we get a repeat set. It was our only one all game. It was the right option.

2. Kicking on the third, hit it straight into the in goal and with a good chase we had them camped on their own 10 metre line.

These two plays alone were better than anything our halves came up with all afternoon.
Spot on. Albeit he is 8+ years more experienced than our halves, but Robbie added touches of class while he was there.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:27 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Farah's service from DH was a little slow.

Exactly. He came up with 2 gun plays. His slow service is exaggerated as well. He was passing it to the right person and it was more than catchable. Moses, Brooks and Halatau didn't do that consistently. Cherrington was great but he was there for such a small time at the end of the game when everyone else was knackered.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 6:40 pm

Cherrington needs 35 minutes game time and Taylor needs to find a way like the Cowboys do with their two hookers. We have to resign him this year as Farah may only be there until the end of the season or next.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”