Manaia Cherrington

Braeden

Manaia Cherrington

Unread post by Braeden » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:05 pm

First time blogging lads,

Manaia Cherrington for me he is the final piece of the young 1-6-7-9, I think the more time he is on the field the better the Tigers are going to go in the long run. Seriously what was the point of playing him for the last 8 minutes of the game? I think he adds real spark coming off the bench. I think he should have the 14 Jersey with Farrah at 9 til Robbies time ends. Can't wait to see him combine more with Teddy, brooks and Moses. I really do think the 4 of them will be massive for this club.

I think going forward Tedesco, Moses, Brooks, Cherrington will be the spine for this club going for which will do a lot of damage to other clubs in the near future.

The Tigers best 17 IMO

1 Tedesco
2 Addo-Carr
3 Simona
4 Naiqama
5 Nofoaluma
6 Moses
7 Brooks
8 Woods
9 Farrah
10 Grant
11 Sironen
12 Lawrence
13 Sue

14 Cherrington
15 Aloiai
16 Seumanufagai
17 Chee-kam

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:13 pm

Cherrington maybe the future but not the answer right now
We have 3 senior hookers before him.
He will do the job when required, he is quick and fresh but not the smarts right now

For Many years Farah and Halatau shared the hooker role and eventually Cherrington will be handed the reigns if he sticks around

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:17 pm

Yep he is not ready yet

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:19 pm

Agreed. Big Cherrington fan but he still has a lot of learning to do.
Farah, Ballin and Halatau should help him a lot. And if he keeps getting picked in the Kiwi squad Isaac Luke will be a good mentor as well.

BornBlack&Gold

Unread post by BornBlack&Gold » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:23 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Cherrington maybe the future but not the answer right now
He will do the job when required, he is quick and fresh but not the smarts right now

For Many years Farah and Halatau shared the hooker role and eventually Cherrington will be handed the reigns if he sticks around
I agree cherrington isnt ready quite yet. however i do believe he is already ahead of the likes of halatau capability wise. Should be there ahead of him on the bench moving forward imo

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:24 pm

He is not ready to start however he can give us a good 30 minutes.

One thing i noticed even in his 8 minutes is that he had the ball out in a flash and in front of the player running onto it.

None of his bend over, pick up and throw it slowly to a player standing still.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:28 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:Cherrington maybe the future but not the answer right now

I agree cherrington isnt ready quite yet. however i do believe he is already ahead of the likes of halatau capability wise. Should be there ahead of him on the bench moving forward imo
I have mentioned this before, I think Halatau should hang his boots after this season
Can never bad mouth him but his past NRL standards sadly
Looks fatigued and gassed way too early, really struggles to get back after a line break

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:38 pm

Eddie wrote:He is not ready to start however he can give us a good 30 minutes.

One thing i noticed even in his 8 minutes is that he had the ball out in a flash and in front of the player running onto it.

None of his bend over, pick up and throw it slowly to a player standing still.
Yep. He focuses solely on giving quick, good ball. Its refreshing.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:42 pm

Needs to be playing a lot more minutes in any grade than he has so far this season. Not good defence wise, but gets the ball where it needs to be quickly more often than not.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 11:48 pm

If you pick Farah, then he should have been playing reserve grade today

Braeden

Unread post by Braeden » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:11 am

That's what i mean fellas, he isn't read to start but i defiantly think he deserves to be 2nd rake coming off the bench.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:42 am

If Taylor persists with picking Halatau either Farah or Cherrington must be dropped from the team. We cannot afford all three in the side.

Patts

Unread post by Patts » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:51 pm

I think Halatua's position in the club comes back to a real lack of depth and quality in the back row.
I've loved following Lawrence since his debut but at $600k he's swallowing up the cap for back rowers.(note: not blaming CL for this situation- good luck to him). Sirro just hasn't reach the heights we all hoped for and everyone else we have are too raw. Hence we have to incl a relatively cheap, experienced guy like Halatau (who has been a good player but 5 yrs past his best). And to further justify his inclusion we slot him in at hooker from time to time. With better back rowers Halatau wouldn't have got a start in the 17 yesterday and Farrar and cherry would've handled it easy.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 1:14 pm

I agree with those who have mentioned that Manaia's defence is not quite there yet. Might need another good pre-season where he can work on his strength. I think Halatau defends well although he's not an 80 minute player, and he can shift between positions in the forwards. As for Lawrence and Sironen, they do a lot more than people think off the ball which certainly helps our attack. Plus they can both play plenty of minutes.

The Tooth

Unread post by The Tooth » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 2:36 pm

I dont think we'll see much of him once Ballin is back. Robbie and Ballin will share the duties. Its been good for his development though and he'll feature more next season.
I'm not totally convinced he is the long term answer and I think Liddle might put some pressure on him if they both stick around the club.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 2:53 pm

All our boys have been thrown in the deep end. Give em some more time, we'll see some slight improvements from last year but patience is the key. I've seen enough to warrant them more time.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 5:16 pm

It was a masterstroke playing him for 8 minutes...

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 5:20 pm

Looked like we had more zip in those minutes with gassed forwards than the rest of the game.

I'm not a first grade coach but maybe he should get on before the game is gone.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”