Phil Gould says NO TRY

Milky
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Phil Gould says NO TRY

Unread post by Milky » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 1:00 am

@Gus10Gould When will Control be brought back into the rules for scoring a try? Yesterday's game Tigers v Eels. Normal speed no try. Cheers

Gus: Amazing that anyone could ever suggest it was a try

also...

Ridiculous .. If ref ruled no try and never referred it, no one would argue with the call .

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 1:07 am

the twenty odd Parra contingent at my club also declared that it was a no try - those big burly guys in old Eel outfits looked like straight from the paddock.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by formerguest » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 5:32 am

Yep, the ball was falling out the side of his hand and I would consider it a real bonus if we were awarded a try for something similar. They still don't require contact with the foot in the play the ball as long as a player puts on a reasonable charade, so why should we expect a player to have any sort of control to award a try. Still, a ridiculous decision now that benefit of the doubt no longer exists.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 5:45 am

Milky wrote:@Gus10Gould When will Control be brought back into the rules for scoring a try? Yesterday's game Tigers v Eels. Normal speed no try. Cheers

also...

Ridiculous .. If ref ruled no try and never referred it, no one would argue with the call .
Move on...get over it

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 7:18 am

innsaneink wrote:
Milky wrote:@Gus10Gould When will Control be brought back into the rules for scoring a try? Yesterday's game Tigers v Eels. Normal speed no try. Cheers

also...

Move on...get over it
No, Parra deserved to lose for taking that first two points and not go for a try, would have taught them a well deserved lesson to lose by a few points.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 7:34 am

If I thought it cost us the game I would be very angry, but brain dead team selections cost us what little chance we had of winning the game. With the way both sides valued possession a nil all draw was the only fair result

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:08 am

supercoach wrote:If I thought it cost us the game I would be very angry, but brain dead team selections cost us what little chance we had of winning the game. With the way both sides valued possession a nil all draw was the only fair result
You can never know what would have happened if it had been disallowed - but, in theory, if it had remained 2-0 we would have taken the penalty right in front with a minute to go and locked it up.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:14 am

We never looked like scoring, so it didn't mean jack whether they ruled it a try or not. We would have finished up 2-0 instead of 8-0.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:19 am

cktiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:If I thought it cost us the game I would be very angry, but brain dead team selections cost us what little chance we had of winning the game. With the way both sides valued possession a nil all draw was the only fair result
You can never know what would have happened if it had been disallowed - but, in theory, if it had remained 2-0 we would have taken the penalty right in front with a minute to go and locked it up.

True but every game there are calls that influence the out come of games that the officials get wrong. Good teams put the bad calls behind them and use them as motivation to lift to another level. I think my point is, we were not hard done by, we should have controlled possession and we would have won in a canter

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 259 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:36 am

Ta Gus..watta legend ...but the TRY was awarded ...check the paper...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 9:00 am

the ball could be jetting out of a players hands at 100 mph, therefore with no control or pressure on the ball, and on slo mo could be misinterpreted as a touchdown. I suppose touch is the literal word but is not supposed to be interpreted literally but according to rest of the rulebook.

Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 9:17 am

Look at some of the tries awarded under the BoD rule over previous years,ball is dropped at knee or hip level and because the attacker has a finger or two on it as it falls its a try under the separation interpretation of the rule.
Benefit of the doubt is the wrong way around IMO,unless its a clear try with control it should be no try.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:20 am

Lets put this way, tigers on the end of It and we get denied the try we all go up in arms
I know I would

I don't agree 100% it should have been given but If it was one our own I would claim try for sure.

In SLOWMO it does show finger on ball, I cant totally disagree to that being given despite being a one-eyed supporter

greatodensraven
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:24 am

It was a great effort by Teddy to slow the big bloke down, however despite this call we can still put this loss down to bad execution.

Overall defence was great but we need to get it all right to be competitive this year.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 2:13 pm

It's the refs fault we lacked penetration and fifth tackle options inside the 20... :roll:
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 2:33 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:It's the refs fault we lacked penetration and fifth tackle options inside the 20... :roll:
And its JTs fault that the team on the field had poor ball control and gave away mindless penalties to give Parra plenty of ground...yep its always someone elses fault,lets make up more excuses for the over hyped halves,they have been in the system long enough,they demanded JT let them play what they see whats in front of them and I suppose he coached them to throw hail mary passes to no one in particular because it looked spectacular ''IF IT CAME OFF"....POOR OPTIONS AND POOR VISION this is what the halves had on Monday,..time for them to put that game behind them and show us that they can control the team and put them in scoring positions like most good halves do...step up or step out..thats my view...sick of making excuses for them...but then again they are young and immature....BUT THEY STILL DEMAND BIG DOLLARS.........please...pft pft......
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

tsjonathan
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 2:44 pm

Does anyone know the stats on the tigers win % when badger refs us?

Not blaming him but from memory the statistics were not the greatest...

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 5:00 pm

Was it a try? No, no, no, no, no.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”