Phil Gould says NO TRY

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Phil Gould says NO TRY

Unread post by Telltails » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 5:06 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:It's the refs fault we lacked penetration and fifth tackle options inside the 20... :roll:
And its JTs fault that the team on the field had poor ball control and gave away mindless penalties to give Parra plenty of ground...yep its always someone elses fault,lets make up more excuses for the over hyped halves,they have been in the system long enough,they demanded JT let them play what they see whats in front of them and I suppose he coached them to throw hail mary passes to no one in particular because it looked spectacular ''IF IT CAME OFF"....POOR OPTIONS AND POOR VISION this is what the halves had on Monday,..time for them to put that game behind them and show us that they can control the team and put them in scoring positions like most good halves do...step up or step out..thats my view...sick of making excuses for them...but then again they are young and immature....BUT THEY STILL DEMAND BIG DOLLARS.........please...pft pft......
Time to get over the money TT the market will determine what they are worth. They out played CherryEvans two weeks ago who is on a nine million dollar contract. If you looked at his performance in monetary value alone would you say he was worth it based on that game - hell no? Foran is also being paid massive dollars by Parra and a seasoned international and he offered no more in attack for Parra on Monday than our boys did - was he worth the money he is paid on that performance probably not - but this week he maybe.
Cant think of one 21 year old playing first grade every week who is consistent no matter what there ability is perceived to be, and we have two side by side who play the eighty and are in positions where they handle the ball more than any others.
Your defence of JT is admirable but almost obsessive. Transferring all the blame on the halves after a loss to defend the coach, is equally as pointless as laying all the blame on Taylor.
Based on performance both coach and halves have plenty of room for improvement, and remember they are on the same team.

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 5:26 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:We never looked like scoring, so it didn't mean jack whether they ruled it a try or not. We would have finished up 2-0 instead of 8-0.
Im not saying we deserved to win BUT

Had it of been 2-0 we would've taken one of a few opportunities to have a shot at goal in the last 10 minutes.

That call whether rightly or adjudicated or not had a massive impact on the game.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

CocaCola
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by CocaCola » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 5:48 pm

Tony33 wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:We never looked like scoring, so it didn't mean jack whether they ruled it a try or not. We would have finished up 2-0 instead of 8-0.

Had it of been 2-0 we would've taken one of a few opportunities to have a shot at goal in the last 10 minutes.

That call whether rightly or adjudicated or not had a massive impact on the game.
Not only that, the mentality would have been different towards the end knowing a try could have won the game. Parra would have also been nervous had it been a 2 point game at the back end.

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Swordy » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 5:56 pm

Phil Gould is a knob.

People with better integrity and genuine credentials should be used to support a theory as opposed to this tool.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

WestsSupporter

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 6:04 pm

Phil Gould is a flog. Hear he may be leaving Penrith. Right after he booted Ivan Cleary for a poor season which was hardly his fault (prelim finalists the year before). Obviously the five year plan included himself. Weak.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 7:03 pm

CocaCola wrote:
Tony33 wrote:

Not only that, the mentality would have been different towards the end knowing a try could have won the game. Parra would have also been nervous had it been a 2 point game at the back end.
Could have been different if they didn't spill the pill, the halves found the men on the edge with their kicking and didn't give away penalties.

They coulda, they shoulda, they woulda... They didn't!
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

CocaCola
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by CocaCola » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 7:53 pm

We all know they coulda shoulda..

The point still remains, if Team A is trailing Team B by less then a try it can make all the difference come the back end of the game regardless of how well or bad they were playing beforehand.
Luck, adrenaline, nerves can all play a part.

Take WT's and Parra out of that equation, and you won't be making the same statement.
In general sense, being behind by 2 vs 8 is a huge difference, to downplay that statement is day dreaming..

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm glad Gus didn't say it was a try. Otherwise people would have claimed he hates us.

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:34 pm

I agree with Phil Gould ... It was no try.

But a precedent has been set in that the video overrides reality. So let's hope moving forward consistency prevails and the video is the be all end all.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:40 pm

Swordy wrote:Phil Gould is a knob.

People with better integrity and genuine credentials should be used to support a theory as opposed to this tool.
Your first sentence is correct.
Your second not so much. He has more than enough credentials to comment and he is correct.
However we had PLENTY of opportunities to win that game...far more than Parra had. If we took half our chances we win easily.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:59 pm

To everyone hating GUS, I say at least he has the balls to say things most wont.
I'm no Gus advocate but he says a lot more sensible things as opposed to the crap sometimes he spins

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 9:01 pm

CocaCola wrote:We all know they coulda shoulda..

The point still remains, if Team A is trailing Team B by less then a try it can make all the difference come the back end of the game regardless of how well or bad they were playing beforehand.
Luck, adrenaline, nerves can all play a part.

Take WT's and Parra out of that equation, and you won't be making the same statement.
In general sense, being behind by 2 vs 8 is a huge difference, to downplay that statement is day dreaming..
Put any team in either position and I would still say the same thing. We didn't win because a dodgy try was given. We lost because we couldn't put together any meaningful attacking footy. A game is won and lost over 80 minutes, not a split second that a try is scored.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”