Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 1:43 pm

So are the rumours about Edwards correct ??

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 1:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I don't mind Rankin but if you are playing to win you'd choose JAC.
Maybe Rankin is better defensively than JAC
Its all part of JT wanting Rankin to be ready for when Teddy plays SOO.

Honestly thats just a stupid idea because he isnt playing fullback in any grade and will cost us more longer term. I really wish JT would pick the best team rather than pick things just because. Rankin and Buch are stupid choices - as was 3 hookers last week.....

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 2:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:So are the rumours about Edwards correct ??
What are the rumours?

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 2:11 pm

Nope.
No late changes to ISP side.
Looks like we will be 1-17

marzie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 2:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
marzie wrote:would've been better off giving pat one more year
No, he was done.
So rankin is better than Richards?

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 2:20 pm

Sabre wrote:
Nope.
No late changes to ISP side.
Looks like we will be 1-17
Bugger

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 2:21 pm

Harvey wrote:
What are the rumours?
Few rumours going around that they thought Edwards might have enough run in his legs to be picked in the Top 17

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 2:45 pm

marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
No, he was done.
So your solution is we should have re-signed a 34 yr old winger instead?

How about giving Hunt or JAC a chance?

marzie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 3:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
No, he was done.
So your solution is we should have re-signed a 34 yr old winger instead?

How about giving Hunt or JAC a chance?

That's exactly what I'm saying...? If JT is going to keep picking rankin over better options I would have rathered we gave pat one more year. At least he offered something

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 4:46 pm

Kia Ora...Wests Tigers as per program...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 4:49 pm

No Buchanan!
:wahoo:

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Rankin, I remember we had a few people on here mention that he was the front runner for left wing, as per JT's comments at one of those member forums. The vast majority of responses were in disbelief and thought the posters were getting mixed up with Justin Hunt.
Spoke volumes IMO.
He's a decent footballer, but he looks well out of his depth on the wing.

tiger_one
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by tiger_one » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 5:25 pm

Is Teddy fit?

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 6:29 pm

Whoever made the decision to play Sweet Caroline for kareoke at half time every week should be sacked. It's good that they're embracing the fans, but they are doing it in the most cheesy way possible.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:18 am

I'm not sure if Jordan Rankin is the best choice or not for the wing spot but I am sure that he is a very mature player who gives 100%. He is a player who can shift to other positions should it be needed. He is also a guy who can kick goals and his kick-offs are giving the team plenty of time to get down and make the tackle deep in the opposition's half. Addo-Carr will be called upon at some point because injuries will occur. Yesterday the Sharks were very, very slick, I think they would've made most teams struggle to contain them. Ennis was terrific. If a dummy half was picked on form right now for Origin he'd get the job, and I am not a fan of his but I respect his ability. Right now he is doing everything at speed and his service is fantastic. The Sharks backs are quick and if they get quality possession as they did yesterday then they will present a big problem for any defence, but the same can be said for our backs. Yesterday they had a fair bit more quality possession than us because of our inability to build pressure especially 2nd half. We could've won that game had we played smarter in the 2nd half, simple as that. We've lost the last 2 games but I think it's reasonable to point out that with a little more discipline we could've won both? Neither loss was the fault of one individual. We now have an 8 day turn around to get it right for the Knights game, and as far as I know we have no injuries from yesterday's game so keeping the same team is the way to go unless Sirro is back which if that is the case then he gets a spot.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:34 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Whoever made the decision to play Sweet Caroline for kareoke at half time every week should be sacked. It's good that they're embracing the fans, but they are doing it in the most cheesy way possible.
Agree, it's starting to wear thin already. It does make you wonder who is in charge of this. I know YMCA has been played once but come on guys surely a different song can be played each week. And how about getting the microphone around the crowd to give some fans a chance to sing a line or two. The mind boggles.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:43 am

I thought Kyle Lovett was terrific in the first half plugging the hole at centre when players were shifted around after Teddy went off. Kyle did a great job containing Jack Bird and helped stop a couple of dangerous looking Sharks backline raids near our line. He was only needed for the 12 or so minutes Teddy was off but he still did it well. And I thought the rest of his game was good too. A really handy player to have in the squad.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:58 am

Harvey wrote:I think some people are going a bit overboard here. 50% win record. 1st 2 games were good, though do highlight that our bench is letting us down as teams are scoring points and making metres while they are on. Next 2 games were losses where I cannot see blame placed on one individual, but rather simple errors (largely dropped balls & pushes passes) right across the paddock. Some of the worst offenders were our senior players who no-one would consider dropping. Even the Warriors game 2/3 of their tries came off pushed passes going to ground and being picked up by NZ.
I do not agree with changes for changes sake, and while stats are one thing, I have not seen enough state cup to say that players there are performing at a standard far above the first graders. I think Edwards should get a go as he is a good 1st grade player. Am interested in how JAC, MCK, Dallas Graham, Griffin, Peni, Heleta & Cassell are going in all facets of the game, as I thought that they would be pushing for 1st grade spots this year. There is not a lot of true dead wood in the NSW cup side.
Agree 100% with all your points. I have only caught the one State Cup game, when they were thrashed by the Warriors. They dropped a lot of ball that day, it was hot and the Warriors are a very big, mobile team and they put on plenty of points. Edwards had his first run but was definitely in need of it. He can certainly put sting into his tackles as most of us would already know anyway. Doubt he'd provide much in attack though. I thought Jesse Parahi showed potential, ran hard and got stuck in during his time on the field. Cassell tries hard but is a lightweight. Addo-Carr showed his speed on occasions, should imagine he'll get an opportunity in NRL at some point. Heleta did pretty well returning the ball at fullback. I'd like to see more of the others before making any judgements.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”