Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla

doublesonthemain

Re: Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla

Post by doublesonthemain » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:10 am

Mighty Tiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:so the one of the change most people want is for buchanan/lovett to be dropped from 17th/18th man to be replaces by MCK? i dont think our last interchange or 18th man is any reason why we have lost 2 in a row.

as for rankin, JAC is overshadowing him in the state cup but JT made the decision before the start of the year looking at how they both trained and chose rankin. he has carried the ball strongly, done whatever is asked of him and does not deserve to be dropped. again, NOT our main problem

our spine is intact. our prop rotation is perfect. backline is near perfect. maybe a couple of changes on the bench.

team shifts have come a long way from the tim sheens era.

Ok you must be watching things very differently to the rest of us.....

Rankin doesnt carry the back strongly, he falls over before the line, has lost the ball in 2 different games tackle 1 or 2 in out 20 & can't finish a try to save himself.

Wingers use to be underated but now having speed and size are huge in the game as it leads to putting teams on the front foot, create half chances when the ruck gets tired and can actually finish off plays.

Sorry but Rankin has shown no reason why he should be playing on the wing week in week out yet - he just isnt a winger and it is costing us.
Josh Addo-Carr played NYC last year, has yet to play NRL but he will get the opportunity soon. Jordan Rankin has plenty of experience, is an intelligent player who can play other positions as well if needed during a game. He can also take over kicking duties if needed. I can understand JT starting the season with Jordan and I think he's been doing a more than capable job on the wing. He might not carry the ball back as strongly as Nofoaluma but he has good footwork at the line when he does. I also think the players around Jordan like playing with him because he brings a lot of enthusiasm and keeps his cool when things aren't going their way.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:27 am

Well guys I was at the game as most would know because of the WTF get together.....
What was clearly on show was "IMMATURITY" from our younger players,giving away silly penalties and gifting the Sharks easy territory,not having the vision to find ground at the end of a set and getting caught with the ball,not being able to control the game once a good lead was established....The Sharks have seasoned,professional players who can win games in a split second given the opportunity and this stood out yesterday,the likes of Ennis,Barbara,Lewis and Gallen....Our team is learning every week,their defense is improving and their attack is superb when all goes well ...Taylor has improved this team as compared to last year,however you can't coach the side to play to a game plan and then the team makes errors during the game that weren't in the plan,not being able to or have the capacity to recover from those errors is what sets us apart from the top teams in this comp..instead of gathering themselves up and concentrating on the rest of the game, they showed some good old fashioned panic...once again they have to learn to be switched on and playing for the full 80 minutes,slacken off and they get punished... :|
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

doublesonthemain

Post by doublesonthemain » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:21 am

TrueTiger wrote:Well guys I was at the game as most would know because of the WTF get together.....
What was clearly on show was "IMMATURITY" from our younger players,giving away silly penalties and gifting the Sharks easy territory,not having the vision to find ground at the end of a set and getting caught with the ball,not being able to control the game once a good lead was established....The Sharks have seasoned,professional players who can win games in a split second given the opportunity and this stood out yesterday,the likes of Ennis,Barbara,Lewis and Gallen....Our team is learning every week,their defense is improving and their attack is superb when all goes well ...Taylor has improved this team as compared to last year,however you can't coach the side to play to a game plan and then the team makes errors during the game that weren't in the plan,not being able to or have the capacity to recover from those errors is what sets us apart from the top teams in this comp..instead of gathering themselves up and concentrating on the rest of the game, they showed some good old fashioned panic...once again they have to learn to be switched on and playing for the full 80 minutes,slacken off and they get punished... :|
The panic, if it was that, was caused by the great pressure applied by the Sharks. Have to give credit to their forwards and Ennis and their halves who took full advantage of some poor decisions and errors. But for us I think it's something we will get better at, our guys will learn to make better decisions.