Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla

Bob

Re: Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla

Post by Bob » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 7:58 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Meaningless until Lovett's gone through the judiciary and Grant's seen the neurologist. Buchannan will probably replace one of them unfortunately.
Lovett quite sensibly escaped any charges.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 8:20 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Have we ever won a game with both plodders A and B in the side .. ?? If we keep picking the same side that that we tested with last game, we're gonna get beat again. It didn't work last time so why should it work this time. Stop selecting dead wood and start pick players who have something they can offer to the side (speed, mobility and size)
We beat Parra, Melbourne and Raiders with them last year.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 8:34 pm

Isnt Lovett going to be suspended ?
Buch should just sit this out for his poor efforts

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 8:36 pm

Nelson wrote:Hopefully JT starts feeling some pressure this week after his stupid bench selections backfired & we see at least a couple of changes...Edwards & Griffin should be getting a run at prop ahead of Buchanan. MCK over Lovett and probably Halatau as well.
I don't think JT handles pressure too well
He might make even more bizarre selections under pressure

willow

Post by willow » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 8:47 pm

Curaeus wrote:I assume Edwards is injured at the moment. He or Griffin would have to be a better bet than Buchanan or Lovett.
Edwards has been promoted to the starting side in State Cup this week after a strong performance off the bench last weekend.

Lovett hopefully drops out with Chee-Kam added to the bench. If Taylor has any smarts about him he won't put Buchanan near FG again this season. I'd rather Jordan Grant or Dallas Graham get a run.

Rankin is lucky to be there. Hopefully Addo-Carr bags a hattrick and puts him under more pressure.

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:01 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Isnt Lovett going to be suspended ?
Don't take my word for it,

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... ged_b.html

They tigers says it too.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
JAC / MCK / Griffin won't hang around , they'll get snapped up by other teams .

It's top 8 or bye bye JT !!!!
The only one that would be a chance of being snapped up is JAC. The other 2 would have been long snapped up if they were that good. Particularly Griffin.
Well going by your judgment ( not having a go ) it just proves how I inept the club is in its player signings ...

Look at Adam Blair ( sheens era) we couldn't get a fart out of him , now he's killing it at the Broncos .
Look at Taupau ( potter /Talylor era) we were lucky to get 80 mins from Taupau in 3 games , but all of a sudden he can play 80 mins for manly.
This club Friggin SUCKS when it comes to player signings and player retention ...
JT's slowly digging his grave picking hacks like Lovett/ Halatau / Buchanan / Rankin .

It's top 8 or JT needs to log onto seek.com
That's what happens when you're inept in operating your cap. TigerTorch even said last week that the reason why guys like JAC and MCK haven't played so far was due to the cap.
Why keep naming MCK as 18th man if he cant go because of salary cap issues. Thats a bit stupid when you think about it. As for the team... Buchanan needs to be gone asap! Rankin needs to be following him...not a winger im sorry to say!! Lovett somehow gets picked how?? Somethings never change.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:06 pm

Bob wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:Isnt Lovett going to be suspended ?
Don't take my word for it,

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... ged_b.html

They tigers says it too.
Flamin Christ
How did he manage that....
Well out of the 2 duds I rather him than Buch in that case

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:08 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: The only one that would be a chance of being snapped up is JAC. The other 2 would have been long snapped up if they were that good. Particularly Griffin.
Well going by your judgment ( not having a go ) it just proves how I inept the club is in its player signings ...

Look at Adam Blair ( sheens era) we couldn't get a fart out of him , now he's killing it at the Broncos .
Look at Taupau ( potter /Talylor era) we were lucky to get 80 mins from Taupau in 3 games , but all of a sudden he can play 80 mins for manly.
This club Friggin SUCKS when it comes to player signings and player retention ...
JT's slowly digging his grave picking hacks like Lovett/ Halatau / Buchanan / Rankin .

It's top 8 or JT needs to log onto seek.com
That's what happens when you're inept in operating your cap. TigerTorch even said last week that the reason why guys like JAC and MCK haven't played so far was due to the cap.
Why keep naming MCK as 18th man if he cant go because of salary cap issues. Thats a bit stupid when you think about it. As for the team... Buchanan needs to be gone asap! Rankin needs to be following him...not a winger im sorry to say!! Lovett somehow gets picked how?? Somethings never change.
I was amazed he was re-signed

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:39 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:Thats a bit stupid when you think about it. As for the team... Buchanan needs to be gone asap! Rankin needs to be following him...not a winger im sorry to say!! Lovett somehow gets picked how?? Somethings never change.
Having read TT's post back he actually did say MCK could have played, so idk. He should be ahead of Buchanan and Lovett. Another thing TT was saying, was that guys like Buchanan and Lovett are being picked cos they are popular in the dressing room, which is ridiculous if true.

And Hobbo, i think the word you meant was content, not contempt :D

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:52 pm

Good to see Rowdy back & starting. Hopefully he can lock that position down & effectively for the full 80. I'd much rather Aloiai partnering Rowdy in the backrow, we need to give this kid more minutes. Lovett will be better off the bench but why not give MCK a go?

That bench is a worry though. Ava has been strong & Cherry will provide some spark if he gets decent minutes. But I really wish Edwards & MCK took the other spots. Edwards' strong defence will just keep the momentum going when Woods/Grant/Sue come off. Also if Cherry is only getting 10-15 mins then why not have a 4th forward on the bench, maybe give someone like Felise or Griffin a go.

Gotta be careful of that short turnaround again this week. Hopefully our halves watch some video of Cronk/Thurston & focus on building pressure rather than trying to score off every play. Can't fault the boys' defence though. Keep this up & hold onto the ball & we'll be in with a chance.

Go Tigers!!

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:04 pm

The reason Lovett keeps getting chosen is that he is a very good defender. He made 42 tackles yesterday. On that basis alone, why would he be dropped? He also carried the ball strongly and was not overshadowed by the Parramatta pack.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:34 pm

sideline eye wrote:The reason Lovett keeps getting chosen is that he is a very good defender. He made 42 tackles yesterday. On that basis alone, why would he be dropped? He also carried the ball strongly and was not overshadowed by the Parramatta pack.
I have no problem with Lovett off the bench all teams need a couple of no flash workers ,Halatau should be know where near hooker he is pretty much past it these days ,Buchanan will not add to what has already been said cannot understand why he was not given a second tier contract and only used in desperation.
If Talyor does not get this right in the coming weeks it will start imploding for him.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:25 pm

hobbo2803 wrote::wahoo:

3 hookers !!!!

And no way is Halatau a second rower !

Lovett must have naked pics of JT ....seriously !

Repeat after me ...Plodders United we'll never be defeated ...
Plodders United we'll never be defeated .....
:lol: LooooLoud.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:Thats a bit stupid when you think about it. As for the team... Buchanan needs to be gone asap! Rankin needs to be following him...not a winger im sorry to say!! Lovett somehow gets picked how?? Somethings never change.
Having read TT's post back he actually did say MCK could have played, so idk. He should be ahead of Buchanan and Lovett. Another thing TT was saying, was that guys like Buchanan and Lovett are being picked cos they are popular in the dressing room, which is ridiculous if true.

Popular in the dressing room :shock:
What goes on in there i wonder... Love to be a fly on the wall! :mrgreen:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 7:58 am

Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Popular in the dressing room :shock:
What goes on in there i wonder... Love to be a fly on the wall! :mrgreen:
Milone is another whose kept around to keep the guys happy apparently. He's friends with Moses and Brooks, so it's probably a form of sucking up to get them to stay. Probably don't want to upset the little dears. A poisoness culture if true.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 8:27 am

I really do not think we are a team that can carry a second number nine and certainly not three of them. Sadly I do not see a place for Halatau or Cherrington at present. I would go for Lawrence and Lovett and have a bench of Ava,the young kid we picked up from Parra who has been so good,Edwards and MCK. You could possibly swap Halatau and Lovett, but Lovett defence has been very strong and he has young legs

barra

Post by barra » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 9:36 am

Snake wrote:
sideline eye wrote:The reason Lovett keeps getting chosen is that he is a very good defender. He made 42 tackles yesterday. On that basis alone, why would he be dropped? He also carried the ball strongly and was not overshadowed by the Parramatta pack.
I have no problem with Lovett off the bench all teams need a couple of no flash workers ,Halatau should be know where near hooker he is pretty much past it these days ,Buchanan will not add to what has already been said cannot understand why he was not given a second tier contract and only used in desperation.
If Talyor does not get this right in the coming weeks it will start imploding for him.
Agree Snake!

Lovett off the bench is okay - it just becomes not okay when there is also Buchanan and Dene and Cherry in the team. We can't carry all of them.

Trouble is there is no way Taylor will blood more than one newcomer, even if Grant isn't passed. And not playing any of these players may come back to bite him if there are more injuries and he is forced to blood more than one or two at once.