Live game thread (contains spoilers)

Tiga89

Re: Live game thread (contains spoilers)

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:36 pm

Some of you guys saying "we did good" lol what a joke and a dreadful standard to set and pittiful expectations. We were beaten up the middle by a bigger , stronger and more aggressive side. Seu , Lovett , Grant are not first graders. I still remember that collar grab last year from Lovett on Tim Mannah at ANZ when Mannah went over to score in the corner. We won 2 games from 2 last year I never understood the hype we had after 2 games as all we did were beat 2 poor sides.

Taylor doesn't command respect and is not a good leader. Add to that Moses continues his collar grabbing poor defensive efforts and is not a first grader. At least Brooks can defend. We have been soft up the middle for years and teams exploit that.

Thunderlips

Post by Thunderlips » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:39 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Some of you guys saying "we did good" lol what a joke and a dreadful standard to set and pittiful expectations. We were beaten up the middle by a bigger , stronger and more aggressive side. Seu , Lovett , Grant are not first graders. I still remember that collar grab last year from Lovett on Tim Mannah at ANZ when Mannah went over to score in the corner. We won 2 games from 2 last year I never understood the hype we had after 2 games as all we did were beat 2 poor sides.

Taylor doesn't command respect and is not a good leader. Add to that Moses continues his collar grabbing poor defensive efforts and is not a first grader. At least Brooks can defend. We have been soft up the middle for years and teams exploit that.

Brooks can defend?

Thats great news, i must be watching some kind of bizarro world version of the games

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:01 pm

Thunderlips wrote:
Tiga89 wrote:Some of you guys saying "we did good" lol what a joke and a dreadful standard to set and pittiful expectations. We were beaten up the middle by a bigger , stronger and more aggressive side. Seu , Lovett , Grant are not first graders. I still remember that collar grab last year from Lovett on Tim Mannah at ANZ when Mannah went over to score in the corner. We won 2 games from 2 last year I never understood the hype we had after 2 games as all we did were beat 2 poor sides.

Brooks can defend?

Thats great news, i must be watching some kind of bizarro world version of the games
:lol: I used the same analogy for another one of Tiga89's posts

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:39 pm

WHERE WAS OUR BLOODY HALFBACK? Talk about the elephant in the room, why is nobody talking about Brooks's absence when we need him?

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:19 pm

TIGER wrote:WHERE WAS OUR BLOODY HALFBACK? Talk about the elephant in the room, why is nobody talking about Brooks's absence when we need him?
They are...

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:27 pm

Telltails wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:We missed less tackles, we broke more tackles, we made less errors, completed better, scored the same amount of tries and were within striking distance or in front for 75 minutes against a team that will finish top 4 in 2016. Personally I am happy with the result when looking at the quality of the 2 squads. Sharks are a top 4 team and we competed for 80 minutes
Yep agree. Dont know what everyone else was watching. We had no ball in the second half got caned by the refs the penalty against Farah in front was atrocious, and the offside pass in the try to Barba laughable. Our forwards when we had the ball were all over them.One of the biggest problems I see is goalkicking. They are niggling side and they did get the better of us there- hate losing but the bagging of the team for that performance is unwarranted in my opinion.
Spot on u too.

Got caned with soft penalties...had a good go. Couldnt kicka goal. And we were stillin it.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:37 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Geo. wrote:I absolutely hate it when players smile and giggle and pat the opposition like they are besties...
Get over it geo.....I know I have with this sports entertainment.
No...I wont..I want to see after a loss that they are stinging as much as the fans...not group hugging....Mustn't mean that much..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 05 Apr, 2016 8:38 am

Another one bites the dust.. I watched the game last night. The game was fast paced, full of niggle and drama. It was a game we should've won, but the ill discipline, halve's not playing smart footy and us letting the Sharks offload at will, cost us the 2 points. And don't get me started on the refering and the bunker decisions... :x