Luke Brooks

hodgo

Luke Brooks

Post by hodgo » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi Crew

Before we start my bias is definitely not in Luke brooks's favour just want that stated. I really am not seeing what everyone else does in relation to him being a great half. Moses well he has come miles in his short first grade experience but brooks just looks like a plodder to me. He is a horrible defender like worse then benji horrible and has shown me very little consistency with the ball.

So my question to the forum is can others tell me what im not seeing (by the way this is a genuine question not a bag brooks thread) or enlighten me as to why we should persevere with him.

Oh and by the way im proud of our boys they are digging in when everybody thought we would be horrible and there are some awesome positives i just feel like we have a few passengers. :sign:
Last edited by hodgo on Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:33 pm

rough calling him Benji bad....

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:44 pm

I would tell Brooks , here's 200k take it or go .
No way in Earth is he worth the supposedly 600k.
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:46 pm

His defence in 2016 had been oustanding. Very strong on contact. If there is one thing im confident about regarding Luke is that his defence will be as good as Andrew Johns. As for the rest of his game, well i do admit im losing confidence. Im also starting to wonder if Moses is a better player when Luke isnt in the team.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:48 pm

Beautiful soft hands for Rowdy's TRY...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:52 pm

Black'n'White wrote:rough calling him Benji bad....
It's rough even mentioning Brooks in the same breath as Benji. Benji played a massive role in us winning a premiership and was influential in our charge in '11 and '12. Brooks has nowhere near that impact or upside.

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:53 pm

@king sirro maybe your right mate and his defence is better but the ones he misses are very important and horrible to watch. On the whole he probably has done better

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:55 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:rough calling him Benji bad....
It's rough even mentioning Brooks in the same breath as Benji. Benji played a massive role in us winning a premiership and was influential in our charge in '11 and '12. Brooks has nowhere near that impact or upside.

Just his defence mate

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 7:58 pm

I can't have a go at him for that game. His defence was good. He made some good plays and I didn't see any shockers. Moses wasn't any better.

I think it's interesting though that Moses seems to playing more at 7 than Brooks or they are swapping around a lot.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:01 pm

Put his body on the line in the Galllen try but tackling low was never gonna stop a bloke of 115 kg from 1 metre out. His long kicking game is what worries me, if your halves don't have a strong kicking game then you are massively behind the 8 ball.
I would trade a running halfback for a bloke with a top- notch kicking game, we already have a good running half in Moses, need anAiden Sezer type player who can find the easy metres through the boot IMO.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:12 pm

Geo. wrote:Beautiful soft hands for Rowdy's TRY...
:lol: the Gap of the Sharks defence which was as wide as the Motorway helped Lawrence stroll through untouched .

His beautiful soft defence miss and shoulder grabbing helped Sharks make at least 15-40 metres .

No way worth $600,000......$400,000 TOPS and that's being nice.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:16 pm

How many repeat sets have we had in the first 5 games? Neither he nor Moses are managing the game effectively.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:16 pm

He played much better than last week.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:19 pm

king sirro wrote:His defence in 2016 had been oustanding. Very strong on contact. If there is one thing im confident about regarding Luke is that his defence will be as good as Andrew Johns. As for the rest of his game, well i do admit im losing confidence. Im also starting to wonder if Moses is a better player when Luke isnt in the team.
Watch that game again some of Brooks' arm grabbing defence on that edge was nothing short of embarrassing for a 1st grader. I coach local park footballers with better defence than he displayed today

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:21 pm

All that was good about his game when he came into 1st grade, running, long kicking and crisp short and long passing game seems to have disappeared. I am not sure whether it is being coached out of him or just does not suit the structure we are playing at the moment.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:23 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
king sirro wrote:His defence in 2016 had been oustanding. Very strong on contact. If there is one thing im confident about regarding Luke is that his defence will be as good as Andrew Johns. As for the rest of his game, well i do admit im losing confidence. Im also starting to wonder if Moses is a better player when Luke isnt in the team.
Watch that game again some of Brooks' arm grabbing defence on that edge was nothing short of embarrassing for a 1st grader. I coach local park footballers with better defence than he displayed today

They rolled through us embarrassingly the 2nd half. Everyone was grabbing. Sue got run past by Faifita 3 times. Judge Brooks on defending the egde when his forwards do there job and control the opposition pack. First 3 games he has hit like a truck. His defence im very happy with. Im not happy with his attack. His decision to run it on the last in our 2nd set of the 2nd half was under 6 mistake.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:24 pm

I was out there and from the kickoff, Bird Townsend and Holmes ran at him and past him all night. His defense is embarrassing. He either shoots up and goes for the intercept or straight out misses his man. I'd put the ball back in his court. Tell him to accept the deal on the table in 1month or take it away. Townsend would be on half his money and played him off the park. Moses and Teddy are essential to our future, Brooks is nowhere in their league.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:25 pm

Geo. wrote:Beautiful soft hands for Rowdy's TRY...
You've got Jet Lag :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !