Luke Brooks

Geo.

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:16 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Moses has also said things like.....it is a real possibility that we could be playing at different Clubs and only money could stand in the way of that happening and that partnership being broken .

Geo if you believe it's not about the money ? you believe in the Tooth fairy :lol:
Always leaves $2 under the pillow...

The Club is now finally realising that Salary cap management is just as important as on field results...they won't be held to ransom as they have in the past...

The amount of $$$ they are supposedly on or asking has also been exaggerated...the bigger issue is the investment in these guys who are approaching the point where they should be consistently performing...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:28 pm

I would try and keep Moses and Brooks however I would be naming a price (along the lines of what they have produced) an saying boys take it or leave it.

I wouldn't be offering them both 800K they have not earnt that for mine. Maybe we can keep one of them on that money currently but not both. If they had both earnt that money and showed they are leading us to the promised land I would say break the bank but im not convinced.

If one goes, then we can keep the other one and buy a more defensive half for less money to compliment the other. The other money could be used to maybe beef up our back row and buy a real enforcer.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:46 pm

Teddy is worth a lot more the both of them as far as I'm concerned.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:30 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Chevy wrote:
wd in perth wrote:I think everyone needs to give the guy some more time. It's only been 3 years. :shock:
Maybe he is a slow learner... :lol:
Quicker the D.C.E who still hadn't made his debut in NRL and was playing QLD cup at the same stage.

Or Ben Hunt who had played 22 games for 5 try assists (Brooks 45 games - 30 try assists)
Even Keiran Foran who was a start out star had only played 32 games - 17 try assists) at same age
Aidan Sezer - 18 games / 9 try assists when 6 months older then Brooks is now
Cooper Cronk - 13 games with 3 try assists

Those are just a sample which shows that Luke Brooks playing with a weak football team is still doing amazing things for a player his age, not just playing FG but compared to other players his age who have gone onto great things he is still out performing

I am concerned with some of his play but I see not just the potential but the fact that he is achieving great results.

I started looking at this thinking I was going to say Brooks might go but the more I compare him and his age and the fact he is behind a pack we all admit isn't the greatest with another junior half next to him is nothing but impressive.
Fair points, but you can also look at guys like Ash Taylor who has played about 5 games and already looks more composed than Brooks, also in a poor team. Also Kane Elgey last season, same story.
Whether it's Brooks himself, or the system he's playing in - or more likely, a combination of the two - he's just not developing as he should be.
Try assist stats aren't a foolproof stat either. He had 3 TAs yesterday, and he'd be the first to say he had a poor game.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:31 pm

Happy for Brooks to go if he thinks he can get a better deal; simple as that. I would be more upset about Moses going.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:18 pm

I'd be more upset about Buchanon leaving

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:42 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Agree with Boonboon.

Talking about one-on-one misses for a halfback is crazy. If he is getting isolated, it's the blokes inside and outside him who have failed.

Luke biggest problem is learning when to take the settler or reset. He doesn't look like he is controlling the team a great deal, and needs to be more vocal.

He ain't the problem... He is the solution if given the right protection and respect!
Agree with you and Boonboon.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:45 pm

The more I watch Tedesco , would it be easier to pick up a quality fullback and play him at 6

Moses 7
Tedesco 6

I know its madness , but I thought the same when Lockyer moved to 6

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:The more I watch Tedesco , would it be easier to pick up a quality fullback and play him at 6

Moses 7
Tedesco 6

Toads again right...
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:57 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:The more I watch Tedesco , would it be easier to pick up a quality fullback and play him at 6

Moses 7
Tedesco 6

Toads again right...
Do you honestly think Brooks is the answer Geo ??

If we let Brooks go there aren't too many options available at 7

Blake Green please :roll: , you'd keep Brooks over him .... just

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:00 pm

Moses 7
Tedesco 6

Hasn't got the hands for a 6, not a ball distributor.....his a perfect Fullback that chimes in where he sees fit, like Hodgo used to do.
IMO
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:00 pm

Patience. To quote the sheenius you are not a first grade player until you have 50 FG games under your belt.

Brooks has 45 first grade games, Mitchell Moses 34.In Comparison Teddy has 52 but also sat out a full season which, in hindsight may have helped him. We also have Nofo 40, Simona 58, Sue 58 , Siro 57 games, Naiqama 47 games. Out of this group the one that looks like he may not be a first grader is siro but he has had bad luck with injury.

This is another reason players like Grant 143Games, Woods 105, farah 238, Halatau 226 games and Lawrence 172 games have to lead and play well.

We are either too young or too old and the next step looks like bringing in Cherrington if Farah goes to England at the end of the year. We need to move on a few older players this year and sign players with 3-6 seasons experience to help.

Not retaining these two and Tedesco would be the dumbest thing I could think of. We let too many players walk to not be able to retain our own players.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:07 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Moses 7
Tedesco 6

Toads again right...

What's the question.. :?

Moving Teddy certainly isn't...

FT is on the money...
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:11 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Moses 7
Tedesco 6

Toads again right...

What's the question.. :?

Moving Teddy certainly isn't...

FT is on the money...
The question is this young Geo

Is Brooks the halfback that leads us for the next 5+ years and why is he so ??

I'm less convinced after every game I watch

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 6:45 am

Yes he is Happy... He will be a solid NRL Halfback, the type to play 300 games.

He is well composed. He doesnt panic and while he doesnt set the world on fire, he is dangerous when given options.

Once he gets a dummy half that works for him, we will see a better Luke Brooks!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 7:21 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Once he gets a dummy half that works for him, we will see a better Luke Brooks!
I love how players not performing is always based on some reason other than their ability. Robbie has been good this year. Brooks not so good.

I'm not writing him off but he isn't worth what he is currently being paid.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 7:36 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Yes he is Happy... He will be a solid NRL Halfback, the type to play 300 games.

He is well composed. He doesnt panic and while he doesnt set the world on fire, he is dangerous when given options.

Once he gets a dummy half that works for him, we will see a better Luke Brooks!
Do you mean Ballin Rd 8 ??

He's already had about half a dozen options :lol:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 7:59 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Agree with Boonboon.

Talking about one-on-one misses for a halfback is crazy. If he is getting isolated, it's the blokes inside and outside him who have failed.

Luke biggest problem is learning when to take the settler or reset. He doesn't look like he is controlling the team a great deal, and needs to be more vocal.

He ain't the problem... He is the solution if given the right protection and respect!
The problem is he missing the majority of his tackles when he is asked to defend two in rather than in the middle. I know taylor is trying to protect him from the monsters and try and preserve some of his energy for his attacking game, but he is a terrible defender out wide and a reasonable defender in close. Anyway the bottom line you have to keep with him because he is going to get a lot better, but you have to be a bit smarter in how you use him