Luke Brooks

Demps

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Demps » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:27 am

stevied wrote:Ha ha, that's good Demps and spot on. We can't upset the boys by dropping Brooks can we?
Yeah, could mean for trouble
Moses > Brooks though.

Brooks was a passenger tonight.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:29 am

I think benching Brooks might be a good thing. Can't arrest a freefall by doing the same thing week in week out. JLJ is no frills and will force Moses to take charge. He is a decent defender as well.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:33 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:I think benching Brooks might be a good thing. Can't arrest a freefall by doing the same thing week in week out. JLJ is no frills and will force Moses to take charge. He is a decent defender as well.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:40 am

The club needs to seriously reassess whether he's the answer. They won't, but they should at least entertain the possibility. Moses is the one they need to go all in on. If Moses kicks on, we can get away with a halfback whose there to be a foil for Mitchell. Sort of like a Johnson/Robson type combo.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:44 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:The club needs to seriously reassess whether he's the answer. They won't, but they should at least entertain the possibility. Moses is the one they need to go all in on. If Moses kicks on, we can get away with a halfback whose there to be a foil for Mitchell. Sort of like a Johnson/Robson type combo.
#Unbeatable

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 2:41 am

Running the ball on the last 40m out from your own line. Killed us and turned the game.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 2:58 am

Demps wrote:Wonder what team morale would be like if Brooks' was dropped?
Would James & Mitch be cool with that?

Like, the team should come first...
Brooks has been poor, but they're all best friends.
Taylor won't drop him because of the concern he will spit the dummy and sign for another club, at the moment the way he's playing I don't think he would be a loss if he did sign elsewhere but I can't see him being dropped because of this reason

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:11 am

In his 3rd season of nrl, I'm still waiting for him to win us a game off his own bat. When the game is on the line in the 2nd half, not only does he fail to steer the ship, he contributes to our demise.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:29 am

He's like a boy out there sometimes .. Although credit to him, his defence ha's improved

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:32 am

If it's a confidence thing, then I think dropping him won't help. I'd rest him (surely there's some niggling injury that could be found for a couple of weeks) in the spirit of helping him get his mind right, showing him we value his place in the squad etc. It's either he just doesn't have the ability we were all led to believe or things just aren't right with him. I don't, for a second, think he would underachieve if he could avoid it. More worryingly, wasn't Taylor a halfback? Surely he must know what the issue with Brooks' form is at the moment. But, knowing and having the capacity to do something about it are two separate things.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:18 am

Just watched a lowlight of Gallen scoring. Gallen running at an isolated Brooks who took him low but the question is where is the forward on the left responsible for assisting Brooks? Lawrence? Funny how Brooks cops it but others escape criticism.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:39 am

Sometimes there's halfbacks who float in and out of first grade at the begginning of there careers before establishing themselves, halves like Thurston, Pearce and Prince (although injury played a part with prince), maybe Brooks is one of those. Thing is, if we do give him a spell in state cup he would almost certainly leave. It's a tough call.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:43 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:Just watched a lowlight of Gallen scoring. Gallen running at an isolated Brooks who took him low but the question is where is the forward on the left responsible for assisting Brooks? Lawrence? Funny how Brooks cops it but others escape criticism.
You are right. It's because the team was getting rolled over the top of. We were backpedalling.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:44 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:Just watched a lowlight of Gallen scoring. Gallen running at an isolated Brooks who took him low but the question is where is the forward on the left responsible for assisting Brooks? Lawrence? Funny how Brooks cops it but others escape criticism.
Lawrence was on the bench at the time....Kyle has not escaped...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:47 am

Everything is great in hindsight , but Trent Hodgkinson would of been a great signing for us last year, for a number of reasons......

1. is defensively brilliant not much goes past him and averages 2 missed tackles per game .
2. Has a solid kicking
3. Kicks goals....he would of been worth 6 points yesterday with those goals Moses missed IMO
4. Has and abundance of experience
5. His attack is not to bad but knows the meaning of playing the percentages.

We just need a halfback to give Moses the service .

Don't like bagging Brooks but he needs to get his head out of the clouds cause he ain't as good as he thinks he is , the Media and probably his Manager have brain washed the kid.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:50 am

I have seen Brooks in earlier games defending really well and in the middle, but put him out wide and he becomes a shirt grabber that misses more grabs than he gets.

Also a NRL standard no7 has to come up with effective 5th tackle options every time, you can not get the ball on the last and have no idea what your going to do.

I am sure he will be a good player but if we have a better option at present maybe it is time to give him a go while Brooks learns his trade in state cup for a month

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:52 am

When our forwards are constantly being dominated, we criticise our young half?

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:56 am

Geo. wrote:
Lawrence was on the bench at the time....Kyle has not escaped...
Thanks for the clarification. Lovett cops a lot but there are suggestions he is being made to play too many minutes. I question why Sue plays lock when he should be in the prop rotation with the lock position occupied by someone in the mould of Siro Jnr Jnr or Stone ie faster with greater mobility and stamina.