Luke Brooks

Bengal Tiger

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:56 am

king sirro wrote:Sometimes there's halfbacks who float in and out of first grade at the begginning of there careers before establishing themselves, halves like Thurston, Pearce and Prince (although injury played a part with prince), maybe Brooks is one of those. Thing is, if we do give him a spell in state cup he would almost certainly leave. It's a tough call.
If he leaves so be it! Just goes to show his heart is in it for the money, he could cop it on the chin and prove to his coach and critics they are wrong. But JT don't have the b*lls... dont want to upset the little boys club.
These boys need a taste of reality, your always replaceable, this applies to all of the team.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:57 am

foreveratiger wrote:Everything is great in hindsight , but Trent Hodgkinson would of been a great signing for us last year, for a number of reasons......

1. is defensively brilliant not much goes past him and averages 2 missed tackles per game .
2. Has a solid kicking
3. Kicks goals....he would of been worth 6 points yesterday with those goals Moses missed IMO
4. Has and abundance of experience
5. His attack is not to bad but knows the meaning of playing the percentages.

We just need a halfback to give Moses the service .

Don't like bagging Brooks but he needs to get his head out of the clouds cause he ain't as good as he thinks he is , the Media and probably his Manager have brain washed the kid.
In hindsight I would have signed Thurston...

I hope for our sake Brooks starts to deliver massive portions of humble pie....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:58 am

Geo. wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:Just watched a lowlight of Gallen scoring. Gallen running at an isolated Brooks who took him low but the question is where is the forward on the left responsible for assisting Brooks? Lawrence? Funny how Brooks cops it but others escape criticism.
Lawrence was on the bench at the time....Kyle has not escaped...
Wrong. Check out the video at 2.45. Seems like number 11 came dawdling out of the line and took no one while Brooks was left isolated.

http://m.nrl.com/rd-5-wests-tigers-v-sh ... fault.aspx

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:00 am

Bengal Tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:Sometimes there's halfbacks who float in and out of first grade at the begginning of there careers before establishing themselves, halves like Thurston, Pearce and Prince (although injury played a part with prince), maybe Brooks is one of those. Thing is, if we do give him a spell in state cup he would almost certainly leave. It's a tough call.
If he leaves so be it! Just goes to show his heart is in it for the money, he could cop it on the chin and prove to his coach and critics they are wrong. But JT don't have the b*lls... dont want to upset the little boys club.
These boys need a taste of reality, your always replaceable, this applies to all of the team.
Everything you read about Brooks is that he is loyal to his origins. I would be most surprised if he leaves. He needs to learn in the NRL and has been at an age when greats such as Thurston were still playing reserve grade. Be patient.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:12 am

ricksen wrote:
Fumbles wrote:Did you watch Hunt at age 21 he was no better than Brooks at the same age. Hunt has come a long way in the last two years. A stint in reserve grade to get his confidence up would be the best thing for Brooks.
As I said - some things you can put down to experience, and some things you can't. Put simply, he's not where he should be and doesn't look to be improving.
It also took a change of coach for Hunt to fire....
He has had the change of coach already.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:23 am

Pokies wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:Just watched a lowlight of Gallen scoring. Gallen running at an isolated Brooks who took him low but the question is where is the forward on the left responsible for assisting Brooks? Lawrence? Funny how Brooks cops it but others escape criticism.
Wrong. Check out the video at 2.45. Seems like number 11 came dawdling out of the line and took no one while Brooks was left isolated.

http://m.nrl.com/rd-5-wests-tigers-v-sh ... fault.aspx
I was wrong ..i have booked into spec savers.......paws point is still valid Brooks cops the criticism but that play was the fault of the marker defence of Woods and Rowdy going for bo one...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:37 am

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:Everything is great in hindsight , but Trent Hodgkinson would of been a great signing for us last year, for a number of reasons......

1. is defensively brilliant not much goes past him and averages 2 missed tackles per game .
2. Has a solid kicking
3. Kicks goals....he would of been worth 6 points yesterday with those goals Moses missed IMO

Don't like bagging Brooks but he needs to get his head out of the clouds cause he ain't as good as he thinks he is , the Media and probably his Manager have brain washed the kid.

Yeah right oh :roll: Thurston a little unrealistic....Hodgkinson was coming of Contract but it would of never had happened as Brooks and Moses are still Contracted this year and as players Control this Club have an Option in there favours for next year :deadhorse: .

I'll gladly except humbled Pie cause quite frankly he and Moses probably owe the Club money for what they have delivered ( in performances ) the last couple of years and they think there Thurston and Cronk on the open Market......Yeah Whatever
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:50 am

Geez, a bit harsh from some. Sure, he took one very poor option that didn't help an already under the pump team and got carried over the line a couple of times, but he was setting up tries and doing his job during the time when those around him were also pulling their weight.

Lawrence was mostly at fault and looked lost in one of the tries many seem to blame Brooks for, and he should have gotten assistance from at least our stand-in fullback to stop their first.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:56 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

2. Has a solid kicking

Yeah right oh :roll: Thurston a little unrealistic....Hodgkinson was coming of Contract but it would of never had happened as Brooks and Moses are still Contracted this year and as players Control this Club have an Option in there favours for next year :deadhorse: .

I'll gladly except humbled Pie cause quite frankly he and Moses probably owe the Club money for what they have delivered ( in performances ) the last couple of years and they think there Thurston and Cronk on the open Market......Yeah Whatever
Easy on that horse young fella...It was previous management that structured their last contract that way....hardly the players fault ...just like the 900K hooker...also I have repeatedly heard them state it's not about money...that is their managers doing...what is reported in the paper is not always accurate...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:02 am

I was actually proud of Brooks when he took on Gallen, at least he eventually brought him down even if was over the line. Maybe Gallen helped by diving down I am not sure.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:07 am

I posted when both decided to not immediately take up there option they were playing with fire ,if Brooke's form does not drastically improve the young mans bargin power is history,unfortunately managers are there clients worst enemy at times.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:11 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Lovett cops a lot but there are suggestions he is being made to play too many minutes. I question why Sue plays lock when he should be in the prop rotation with the lock position occupied by someone in the mould of Siro Jnr Jnr or Stone ie faster with greater mobility and stamina.
Watch it again gents. It was actually Lawrence's fault - he made a terrible read, got sucked in by Ennis, leaving Gallen with a clear run on an isolated Brooks. Can't blame LB for that one at all.

edit: I see this has already been covered.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:13 am

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

2. Has a solid kicking

Easy on that horse young fella...It was previous management that structured their last contract that way....hardly the players fault ...just like the 900K hooker...also I have repeatedly heard them state it's not about money...that is their managers doing...what is reported in the paper is not always accurate...
:lol: , not about the money , C'mon Geo who are you trying to kid ? :lol: , if that was the case they would of not asked for an extension in there option they have for next year.

Why do they come out with statements like " i leave that to my Manager " if it wasn't about the money they would be saying things like :
" the Club knows i want to stay , the Club wants me to stay....so i don't think that will be a problem in coming to an agreement " . Of course it's about the money Geo :lol:

Tedesco always said he wanted to stay with us when questioned by the media .

That is the best lesson the Club should learn from the Farah Contract , we can't let players dictate and pay massive overs for players that don't justify it .
Last edited by foreveratiger on Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:13 am

Snake wrote:I posted when both decided to not immediately take up there option they were playing with fire ,if Brooke's form does not drastically improve the young mans bargin power is history,unfortunately managers are there clients worst enemy at times.
But there is no way he can get burnt, he's holding all the cards. He already has a guaranteed figure on the table for next year if he wants it and his price could only have gone up. That's why it was such a stupid deal on the part of the club, and extending it only compounded the stupidity...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:18 am

Nelson wrote:
Snake wrote:I posted when both decided to not immediately take up there option they were playing with fire ,if Brooke's form does not drastically improve the young mans bargin power is history,unfortunately managers are there clients worst enemy at times.
But there is no way he can get burnt, he's holding all the cards. He already has a guaranteed figure on the table for next year if he wants it and his price could only have gone up. That's why it was such a stupid deal on the part of the club, and extending it only compounded the stupidity...
At least it makes giving Farah top dollar look sensible (ignoring the backending) - at least getting as good as value for dollar as he is possible for his age etc.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:18 am

WTDiehard wrote:He's done the Tigers a favor by delaying the decision till June. By then the Tigers should have a better idea of what he is worth.
Yes he has but on current form he has done himself a disservice as well. Lets see if he realises this and picks up his game as a result.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:22 am

I think brooks is getting a bit of a hard time. He is putting his body on the line in defence. I am not not sure why Moses is being given so much more credit. Both have had ordinary kicking games, neither has been taking the line on, and the majority of our tries have generally come through feeding the ball to Tedesco or the runner outside him (with Teddy as decoy). In saying this I do not want either to go, but do not think that they are 600k per season footballers.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:23 am

Moses has also said things like.....it is a real possibility that we could be playing at different Clubs and only money could stand in the way of that happening and that partnership being broken .

Geo if you believe it's not about the money ? you believe in the Tooth fairy :lol: