Is JT serious

tottie

Is JT serious

Post by tottie » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:17 pm

Supercoach persists with a tiny and ineffective back row and bench that got run over by a massive pack with a huge bench. How he keeps lovett, halatau and cherrington in the squad to play is a clear example of how little he gets it and to waste 3 of 10 interchanges on the hookers is a betrayal of the fans and players. we still cant play from in front, the players run out of momentum because they are tired from playing in effect with a squad of 16 and he will insist that we need to accept that the result doesnt matter and thatbwe are getting better in D blah blah blah. I dont want another coach sacking but potter was a 100% percent better coach with a lesser squad (no teddy) and a stack of injuries and we punted him!!

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:19 pm

So he dropped all the ball and gave away all the stupid penalties? I'm not sure how you could blame Taylor for that loss, there were some performances out there tonight below first grade standard that cost us the game.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:25 pm

Going of another threads theme...I think some Wests Tigers fans need IQ tests...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:26 pm

I don't get the comments towards our back row. Halatau and Lawrence were good. Sue is a beast.

Cherrington is a good player as well but Farah is better and I think you can play him for 80. Some small changes are probably required.

tottie

Post by tottie » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:28 pm

How can you possibly defend a bloke that uses 3 interchanges on hookers while we get belted in the middle by far superior players than lovett and halatau whinwould be lucky to play FG anywhere else. The players dont believe in him and most fans are the same. He may not drop the ball etc but its his team that does and its the same team that has for the past three weeks and they are all safely in the squad!!! Rememeber as JT has told us for 18 months its not about the result.

Post by 851 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:30 pm

larrycorowa wrote:So he dropped all the ball and gave away all the stupid penalties? I'm not sure how you could blame Taylor for that loss, there were some performances out there tonight below first grade standard that cost us the game.
Because he keeps picking the same blokes every week hoping for a different result, it ain't gonna happen, we need some changes to our team, changes Taylor seems unable or unwilling to make, either way dumb, dumb, dumb.
Go hard or go home

tottie

Post by tottie » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:31 pm

Geo. wrote:Going of another threads theme...I think some Wests Tigers fans need IQ tests...
why go on apersonnel attack, its about the coaches ability and my opinion of it. If you think hes a good coach good on you but inwould prefer to know why than have tou attack my IQ.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:37 pm

The Tigers were fantastic today against a brutal sharks pack with 56 per event possession. We were very hard done by the refs and the bunker got the Feki try wrong photos have emerged with his foot on the line.

We are on the right track but we need to sign 2 rep level back rowers, bring back Korobiete, get rid of Rankin, Lovett, Buchannan and use Lawrence, Sirro off the bench.
We are 3-4 rep players away from being a good side however, we will struggle against the good sides.

I don't rate JF but apart from Lovett, Buchannan, Rankin he does not have many options.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:40 pm

Lovett killed us today I agree and if he is picked again next week I would be surprised

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:44 pm

Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

Cant stand Moses he is a liability and easily intimidated. Seu a beast? Maybe in the local comp but he is out of his depth. Lovett is on par with Corey Paterson as being the worst first grader I have ever lied my eyes on. Whos that fast tall winger who was a gun in the pre season nines? Cant believe he isnt playing

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:47 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Lovett killed us today I agree and if he is picked again next week I would be surprised
He will be i am afraid he is one of the "untouchables"

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:47 pm

JT's team selection has me scratching my head but he can't be blamed for the poor discipline or ball security

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:49 pm

tottie wrote:How can you possibly defend a bloke that uses 3 interchanges on hookers while we get belted in the middle by far superior players than lovett and halatau whinwould be lucky to play FG anywhere else. The players dont believe in him and most fans are the same. He may not drop the ball etc but its his team that does and its the same team that has for the past three weeks and they are all safely in the squad!!! Rememeber as JT has told us for 18 months its not about the result.
This is where you are losing me. Halatau was great out there.

I admit Taylor has been terrible but I won't put that loss on him and the selected team wasn't that bad. Maybe it requires some tweaks but it's not like when Sheens was here and he played John Morris at 7 for way way way too long.

I think there needs to be some perspective within this thread. We weren't bad out there. We just couldn't go with them during the second half but they have a good all round team.
Last edited by stevetiger on Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:51 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

Cant stand Moses he is a liability and easily intimidated. Seu a beast? Maybe in the local comp but he is out of his depth. Lovett is on par with Corey Paterson as being the worst first grader I have ever lied my eyes on. Whos that fast tall winger who was a gun in the pre season nines? Cant believe he isnt playing
I totally disagree with your perception on Grant, Sue and Moses. But you're spot on the money with Lovett

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:53 pm

Tiga89.....sounds like you don't have much idea about our team. Take a deep breath and have a think about what you post. If you don't know a blokes name and have only seen him in the 9's not sure how you can make an informed decision on whether he should be in the team. I would suggest it has a tad more info than you on the capabilities of this player.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:57 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

You must be watching football on the Bizarro planet.
Grant and Sue have both been good.
As for saying Moses is easily intimidated.... :lol:

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:58 pm

TYGA wrote:The Tigers were fantastic today against a brutal sharks pack with 56 per event possession. We were very hard done by the refs and the bunker got the Feki try wrong photos have emerged with his foot on the line.

We are on the right track but we need to sign 2 rep level back rowers, bring back Korobiete, get rid of Rankin, Lovett, Buchannan and use Lawrence, Sirro off the bench.
We are 3-4 rep players away from being a good side however, we will struggle against the good sides.

I don't rate JF but apart from Lovett, Buchannan, Rankin he does not have many options.
You had me on the first sentence but lost me after that. We were fantastic today and our forwards deserve plenty of credit, we were all over what is pretty close to a top four team for a decent chunk of the game so we've got the quality, we were just lacking experience and a calm head in my opinion. Mick Ennis played us out of the game today, we got caught up in the Sharks rhythm and scrap (not the first team and we won't be the last) and went away from what was working for us.
3-4 rep players can't and wont just materialize for anyone, but for a bunch of young men playing against an experienced, gritty Sharks team I thought we acquitted ourselves more than well. Another year or two of learning the NRL grind and growing in to their bodies and I think we'll see a completely different result.

Also, for what it's worth, Lawrence to start and Sirro to Super League.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:59 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Tiga89.....sounds like you don't have much idea about our team. Take a deep breath and have a think about what you post. If you don't know a blokes name and have only seen him in the 9's not sure how you can make an informed decision on whether he should be in the team. I would suggest it has a tad more info than you on the capabilities of this player.
You come to that assumption because i dnt know 1 players name? Lol go off and praise Moses as he performs another collar grab and pretends his commited