Is JT serious

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30432
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Is JT serious

Unread post by willow » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:00 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Tiga89.....sounds like you don't have much idea about our team. Take a deep breath and have a think about what you post. If you don't know a blokes name and have only seen him in the 9's not sure how you can make an informed decision on whether he should be in the team. I would suggest it has a tad more info than you on the capabilities of this player.
You are correct, he doesn't.


larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:00 pm

He has been our best player over the first 5 rounds you muppett

tigermac88
Member
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 12:53 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by tigermac88 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:00 pm

Tiga89 wrote::evil:
tigermac88 wrote:JT's team selection has me scratching my head but he can't be blamed for the poor discipline or ball security
He has to take some responsibility as he chooses the team. Seu , Grant may be ok footballers but are avg first graders at best and they are nowhere near the quality we need to win regularly and make a push for the finals.

Guess I am part of the minority who thinks moses is extremely overrated. I will sit back and let the results do the talking.........He may of.been a good junior but again out of his depth i first grade and packs sh1t when they charge him from the line in his 80kg ringing wet physique
As previously stated your knowledge of football must not be that great if you can't see Grant and Sue have been outstanding for us this year

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1822
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:00 pm

stevetiger wrote:This is where you are losing me. Halatau was great out there.
What did you like about Halatau's game?
He ran some good lines in the first half, but when the chips were down in the second half we needed guys like him to stand up and get us playing football. Instead he gave away two penalties and made a crucial error in our own half.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30432
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:01 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Tiga89 wrote:Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

Cant stand Moses he is a liability and easily intimidated. Seu a beast? Maybe in the local comp but he is out of his depth. Lovett is on par with Corey Paterson as being the worst first grader I have ever lied my eyes on. Whos that fast tall winger who was a gun in the pre season nines? Cant believe he isnt playing
I totally disagree with your perception on Grant, Sue and Moses. But you're spot on the money with Lovett
Nothing wrong with the first three players. Lovett is definitely a plodder though.


User avatar
bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1186
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:03 pm

The team selection is one thing but the lack of second phase play and ingenuity in attack makes us predictable and easily defendable. It's just pure dumb. No one can win with such dumb tactics. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3169
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:07 pm

ricksen wrote:
stevetiger wrote:This is where you are losing me. Halatau was great out there.
What did you like about Halatau's game?
He ran some good lines in the first half, but when the chips were down in the second half we needed guys like him to stand up and get us playing football. Instead he gave away two penalties and made a crucial error in our own half.
He was out on his feet in the latter part of the game - down on his haunches.
They would have been better replacing him late in the game but somehow decided to do it differently..... :roll:

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:07 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

Cant stand Moses he is a liability and easily intimidated. Seu a beast? Maybe in the local comp but he is out of his depth. Lovett is on par with Corey Paterson as being the worst first grader I have ever lied my eyes on. Whos that fast tall winger who was a gun in the pre season nines? Cant believe he isnt playing
Not often I disagree 100% with a post but this one comes very close.
Grant has been great for us, Ballin untested.
Sue is a beast and tries hard every game denting the line and hitting hard in defence. Certainly a first grader and a good one at that.
Moses is neither a liability nor is he easily intimidated.
Lovett may be a plodder but he is better than a host of players who have worn our jumper and pretended to be first graders..let alone others in opposition teams.
By some accounts, that tall fast winger (Im assuming you mean JAC) isnt playing well enough for first grade yet.
Last edited by stryker on Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:08 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
TYGA wrote:The Tigers were fantastic today against a brutal sharks pack with 56 per event possession. We were very hard done by the refs and the bunker got the Feki try wrong photos have emerged with his foot on the line.

We are on the right track but we need to sign 2 rep level back rowers, bring back Korobiete, get rid of Rankin, Lovett, Buchannan and use Lawrence, Sirro off the bench.
We are 3-4 rep players away from being a good side however, we will struggle against the good sides.

I don't rate JF but apart from Lovett, Buchannan, Rankin he does not have many options.
You had me on the first sentence but lost me after that. We were fantastic today and our forwards deserve plenty of credit, we were all over what is pretty close to a top four team for a decent chunk of the game so we've got the quality, we were just lacking experience and a calm head in my opinion. Mick Ennis played us out of the game today, we got caught up in the Sharks rhythm and scrap (not the first team and we won't be the last) and went away from what was working for us.
3-4 rep players can't and wont just materialize for anyone, but for a bunch of young men playing against an experienced, gritty Sharks team I thought we acquitted ourselves more than well. Another year or two of learning the NRL grind and growing in to their bodies and I think we'll see a completely different result.

Also, for what it's worth, Lawrence to start and Sirro to Super League.
We don't have young Forwards that need to grow we have a lack of talent.
The only prospect we have of any quality is Aloai who was recruited from the Eels.
This lineup will be a at best a borderline top 8-12 team each year.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:10 pm

ricksen wrote:
stevetiger wrote:This is where you are losing me. Halatau was great out there.
What did you like about Halatau's game?
He ran some good lines in the first half, but when the chips were down in the second half we needed guys like him to stand up and get us playing football. Instead he gave away two penalties and made a crucial error in our own half.
He did plenty. Yes he dropped a critical ball but he wasn't on his own. He ran hard and his defence was great.

User avatar
liltiger
Member
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed 17 Apr, 2013 1:32 pm

Unread post by liltiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:10 pm

larrycorowa wrote:So he dropped all the ball and gave away all the stupid penalties? I'm not sure how you could blame Taylor for that loss, there were some performances out there tonight below first grade standard that cost us the game.
No he did'nt but I'm one of those people upset because he has'nt done much about fixing the problem it's been a problem before he got here he's had over a year and still there's no improvement and lets not mention his team selections what a joke. I hope buckets next priority is to start advertising for a new coach cause Taylor is well out of his league.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:12 pm

cktiger wrote:
ricksen wrote:
stevetiger wrote:This is where you are losing me. Halatau was great out there.
What did you like about Halatau's game?
He ran some good lines in the first half, but when the chips were down in the second half we needed guys like him to stand up and get us playing football. Instead he gave away two penalties and made a crucial error in our own half.
He was out on his feet in the latter part of the game - down on his haunches.
They would have been better replacing him late in the game but somehow decided to do it differently..... :roll:
Exactly. Maybe we need to amend the bench but maybe it was just all the poor discipline that stuffed us up. We were gassed.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:14 pm

TYGA wrote:
VanillaThunder wrote:
TYGA wrote:The Tigers were fantastic today against a brutal sharks pack with 56 per event possession. We were very hard done by the refs and the bunker got the Feki try wrong photos have emerged with his foot on the line.

We are on the right track but we need to sign 2 rep level back rowers, bring back Korobiete, get rid of Rankin, Lovett, Buchannan and use Lawrence, Sirro off the bench.
We are 3-4 rep players away from being a good side however, we will struggle against the good sides.

I don't rate JF but apart from Lovett, Buchannan, Rankin he does not have many options.
You had me on the first sentence but lost me after that. We were fantastic today and our forwards deserve plenty of credit, we were all over what is pretty close to a top four team for a decent chunk of the game so we've got the quality, we were just lacking experience and a calm head in my opinion. Mick Ennis played us out of the game today, we got caught up in the Sharks rhythm and scrap (not the first team and we won't be the last) and went away from what was working for us.
3-4 rep players can't and wont just materialize for anyone, but for a bunch of young men playing against an experienced, gritty Sharks team I thought we acquitted ourselves more than well. Another year or two of learning the NRL grind and growing in to their bodies and I think we'll see a completely different result.

Also, for what it's worth, Lawrence to start and Sirro to Super League.
We don't have young Forwards that need to grow we have a lack of talent.
The only prospect we have of any quality is Aloai who was recruited from the Eels.
This lineup will be a at best a borderline top 8-12 team each year.
I don't believe this at all. I think we have some real good players. Cronulla have a good team and we smashed them at times during that game. We've had 3 losses that weren't that bad. Yes we need to get some wins but the team isn't that bad.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4787
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:15 pm

851 wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:So he dropped all the ball and gave away all the stupid penalties? I'm not sure how you could blame Taylor for that loss, there were some performances out there tonight below first grade standard that cost us the game.
Because he keeps picking the same blokes every week hoping for a different result, it ain't gonna happen, we need some changes to our team, changes Taylor seems unable or unwilling to make, either way dumb, dumb, dumb.
I don't agree with having Cherrington on the bench whilst Farah and Halatau are on the field but Taylor can't be held accountable for too much else IMO. Dumb penalties, dodgy refs decisions, seemingly shutting up shop by the end of the 1st half etc needs to be lumped on the players- he can't put heart and brains in blokes. They either have them or they don't. Not questioning our blokes hearts but brains.....yeah well we've got some learning to do.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:16 pm

How is a new coach going to make the same players catch the ball and stop missing tackles and giving away stupid penalties?

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:18 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

Cant stand Moses he is a liability and easily intimidated. Seu a beast? Maybe in the local comp but he is out of his depth. Lovett is on par with Corey Paterson as being the worst first grader I have ever lied my eyes on. Whos that fast tall winger who was a gun in the pre season nines? Cant believe he isnt playing
That is one of the worse assessments of footballers i have ever seen.

Tiga89
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat 02 Apr, 2016 8:18 pm

Unread post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:20 pm

:rant
larrycorowa wrote:How is a new coach going to make the same players catch the ball and stop missing tackles and giving away stupid penalties?
Installing discipline, changing the attitude and culture of the club. I dont necessarily want him sacked as i dont think the club can make the 8 with the roster we have regardless of who is in charge but another season with no finals may push the boards hand regardless of a contract payout etc

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3169
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:23 pm

larrycorowa wrote:How is a new coach going to make the same players catch the ball and stop missing tackles and giving away stupid penalties?
Maybe a new coach wouldn't pick the same players who drop the ball, miss tackles and give away stupid penalties.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”