Is JT serious

larrycorowa

Re: Is JT serious

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:26 pm

A new coach is a cop out....it's up to the players

willow

Post by willow » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:29 pm

Just a reminder that swearing, including disguised swearing is not on.

liltiger

Post by liltiger » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:31 pm

larrycorowa wrote:How is a new coach going to make the same players catch the ball and stop missing tackles and giving away stupid penalties?
Larry I see what your saying and I partly agree the players have to take responsability but if our coach cannot implement a better approach to team selection, game day tactics, bench rotation etc etc he is not really giving the team the best chance at success. Take Lovett for example Taylor insists on turning him into an 80 minute player but in reality it's a failed experiment yet Taylor persists. Our halves their short attacking kicking game is nonexistent, our defence four weeks in is if anything worse than the same time last year and the boys discipline is even worse. These are just some things that Taylor should have started to sort out from last year yet IMO are not any better. It's these small things that contribute as a whole to undermining the success of the team for me if I could see some improvement I would agree give Taylor time but I just can't see it. Now the answer to your question IMO is dropped ball, missed tackles and penalties are all a result of either fatigue or being under constant pressure for prolonged periods. Both areas that fall to the coach to address yet week in week out it's the same and there just hasn't been any improvement. The reasons I mentioned above directly contribute to the problem and there are many more. Yet they just are not being addressed.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:32 pm

He won't pick our best team. Our bench is the worst in the comp. We lose so much when our bench comes on and you can't have woods and grant and that playing 60-70 minutes every week like they did in round 1. Lovett and Buchanan are getting picked over better players and it's pointless having cherrington he is waste of a bench spot - plays the last 5-10 minutes of the game.... And the worst thing is I already know it will be the EXACT same team named on Tuesday. So frustrating

Not that the rest of the team deserved to win today either they did shoot themselves in the foot but I'm just saying that I think the above is a massive factor in losing
Last edited by marzie on Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:33 pm

Tiga89 wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Tiga89.....sounds like you don't have much idea about our team. Take a deep breath and have a think about what you post. If you don't know a blokes name and have only seen him in the 9's not sure how you can make an informed decision on whether he should be in the team. I would suggest it has a tad more info than you on the capabilities of this player.
You come to that assumption because i dnt know 1 players name? Lol go off and praise Moses as he performs another collar grab and pretends his commited
You have no idea my friend.

Perhaps if you watched a couple of games.....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:40 pm

Our defence out wide is woeful
How we can go from keeping a good team to only 8 points with the points being from a very dubious try..... To conceding 34 a week later.... I dunno

Whoever said we were fantastic needs to go to specsavers

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 9:50 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Installing discipline, changing the attitude and culture of the club.
Exactly. Ultimately, this is JT's job, and indeed what he's been talking about over the last 18 mths ad nauseam.
A couple of weeks ago he was smugly saying we'd be in the top few teams come the end of the year. In other words, the time for development and learning is over, it's time to turn it into results and actually move up the ladder.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:48 pm

Tiga89 wrote:Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

Cant stand Moses he is a liability and easily intimidated. Seu a beast? Maybe in the local comp but he is out of his depth. Lovett is on par with Corey Paterson as being the worst first grader I have ever lied my eyes on. Whos that fast tall winger who was a gun in the pre season nines? Cant believe he isnt playing
are you stupid?
Moses is a machine and made a few try saving tackles today.

Sue is a beast, do u even watch Rugby League?
Andrew Johns named him in the top 5 hardest enforcers in the game.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:53 pm

Demps wrote:
Tiga89 wrote:Agree with OP. Taylor had to take responsiblity as he keeps choosing the garbage. The players don't respect him enough to follow his directions. We sign old players who no one wants eg Grant and Ballin.

Cant stand Moses he is a liability and easily intimidated. Seu a beast? Maybe in the local comp but he is out of his depth. Lovett is on par with Corey Paterson as being the worst first grader I have ever lied my eyes on. Whos that fast tall winger who was a gun in the pre season nines? Cant believe he isnt playing
are you stupid?

Moses a machine? Just because the media rates hype him up means jack when he can't tackle.

Seu gave away the pen in which Maloney hit the post.....Seu responded to the niggle and pushed Gal giving away the pen. Deplorable and game altering play by your rated "beast".

Dont believe me? Look at the table come Mond morning..
STUPID!

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:58 pm

Tiga89 wrote:
Demps wrote:

are you stupid?

Moses a machine? Just because the media rates hype him up means jack when he can't tackle.

Seu gave away the pen in which Maloney hit the post.....Seu responded to the niggle and pushed Gal giving away the pen. Deplorable and game altering play by your rated "beast".

STUPID!
are u confusing Moses w/ Brooks?
Moses has been great this year, whereas Brooks has been dissapointing.

Sue is legit.... He'd be the hardest or second hardest player in our pack.

Your attacks seem unwarranted and there is a few other players' I'd be ragging on before these two mate, you're clearly uneducated in regards to sport.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:58 pm

Tiga89 your comments are wayyyy off the mark!!! You don't even know his name is Sue not Seu, and you didn't even know the name of Josh Addo-Carr this shows that you lack knowledge and insight into our team. Sue definitely did not cost us that game today.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 10:58 pm

ricksen wrote:
Tiga89 wrote:Installing discipline, changing the attitude and culture of the club.
Exactly. Ultimately, this is JT's job, and indeed what he's been talking about over the last 18 mths ad nauseam.
A couple of weeks ago he was smugly saying we'd be in the top few teams come the end of the year. In other words, the time for development and learning is over, it's time to turn it into results and actually move up the ladder.
Cronulla and parra are both quality teams that will be pushung for the premiership. The Tigers held there own againsy both and will only get better.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:03 pm

Demps wrote:
Tiga89 wrote:
Demps wrote:

are you stupid?

STUPID!

Your attacks seem unwarranted and there is a few other players' I'd be ragging on before these two mate, you're clearly uneducated in regards to sport.
My attack based on Moses is his defence. Brooks has been poor of.late defensively however he did have 3 try assists today. Sue's ill disciplinein a critical part of the game cost us as did our forward pack letting Fifita and Gallen make large metres late on.

Sue is not good enough. Besides Tedesco,Farah and Woods none of our players would get into a starting side at any other club cause whether it is due tonill discipline, bad defence etc they just ain't good enough.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:03 pm

tigermac88 wrote:Tiga89 your comments are wayyyy off the mark!!! You don't even know his name is Sue not Seu, and you didn't even know the name of Josh Addo-Carr this shows that you lack knowledge and insight into our team. Sue definitely did not cost us that game today.
Sue did let Gallen bait him a little. He lost his cool a little, but he is a gun player and is in for a massive season. Just needs to hold the ball a little better and eliminate a couple of silly penalties in his game and he will be a star.

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:04 pm

tigermac88 wrote:Tiga89 your comments are wayyyy off the mark!!! You don't even know his name is Sue not Seu, and you didn't even know the name of Josh Addo-Carr this shows that you lack knowledge and insight into our team. Sue definitely did not cost us that game today.
Im typing on a phone you clown pardob my grammar!

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:05 pm

Tiga89 wrote:
Demps wrote:
Tiga89 wrote:
Demps wrote:
are you stupid?

STUPID!

My attack based on Moses is his defence. Brooks has been poor of.late defensively however he did have 3 try assists today. Sue's ill disciplinein a critical part of the game cost us as did our forward pack letting Fifita and Gallen make large metres late on.

Sue is not good enough. Besides Tedesco,Farah and Woods none of our players would get into a starting side at any other club cause whether it is due tonill discipline, bad defence etc they just ain't good enough.
Incorrect
#Unbeatable

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:06 pm

cochise wrote:
ricksen wrote:
Cronulla and parra are both quality teams that will be pushung for the premiership. The Tigers held there own againsy both and will only get better.

Our 2 wins were against poor sides. We won our opening 2 games last year 2....Failing to see an improvement from last year.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:08 pm

This guy has no idea.

Try watching a game once and a while.
#Unbeatable