The sunny isles of Finalsfootyland.

doublesonthemain

The sunny isles of Finalsfootyland.

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:02 pm

Well another disappointing loss but is it time to panic, to jump ship? Obviously not, a win next week against an improving Knights team and a win against the Storm on a Sunday arvo at Leichhardt will be the perfect tonic for everyone. And if we do win those games (please, please, please let it be so) can we make the finals? Of course it does however unlikely it seems. But regardless of those results ask yourselves was this ever going to be a quick fix? The Tigers were a listing ship going back to 2012 when after being made favourites for the Premiership could finish only 10th losing 8 of their last 11 games in the process. That was the start of the rumours of players being unhappy, Gibbs and Fifita released (Ehem! Not a good idea that) so Adam Blair could come to the club and later that year Heighington and Ryan on the outer. The Sharks were circling the ship but Heighno and Beau had little choice but to dive in and join Gibbo. The same year saw Sheens get the sack and his replacement, Mick Potter, getting the call up late to take over. All the while Sheensy's on the big dough from the Tigers whilst our Management argue about the course the ship should take and what great back-ended deals they've approved for some of our players still at the club and some not at the club. Good luck Mr Potter but he was still to find out that the good ship Wests Tigers was taking on some serious water. A year later Benji's benched or just a little seasick, and CEO Grant Mayer is thinking of moving to Campbelltown (not). The team finishes 15th after winning just 7 games and conceding only 687 points? Hmmm, David Kidwell's defensive coaching seems to have more of a natural disaster influence than a Storm influence. Anyway onwards and upwards to 2014. Benji's gone to Union (ehem! Not a good choice that one) and Koroibete is released to the Storm (ehem! Not a good choice that one)? The NRL sends help because those on board in charge have lost almost all sense of perspective. "Hard to port!". "No, hard to starboard!". And then there's Mick Potter & Robbie Farah discussing whose turn it is to steer the ship out of trouble. In July poor Liam Fulton says "This headache is killing me, I think I'll sit out the rest of the voyage". And so after the Tigers finish 13th but with the worst defence in the league it's Potter overboard! But Jason Taylor comes aboard, says to Robbie "I'll give it a shot matey", and grabs the wheel. Adam Blair swims to Brisbane, it seems the dip does him the world of good too because he kills it up there. Bodene Tomson watches Blairy and thinks "hey, that's not a bad idea but I think I'll head home" he dives in and swims to New Zealand. Anyway Taylor takes over and says he'll improve the defence which he does but by the end of the year the team has finished 15th and Robbie wants to steer that wheel again but that's not in JT's plans. This upsets the passengers who believe Robbie has the right to do as he pleases because it's probably more his ship than JT's anyway. But come 2016 things are better. Big, loveable Aaron Woods is the new captain, Robbie's still able to have a turn on the steering wheel and Justin Pascoe is doing a good job trying to ensure staff and passengers are happy. The ship seems to be righting itself at last but how long will it take to get to its destination, the sunny isles of Finalsfootyland? Well it might take a little longer than we hoped but I'm thinking if it took 3 years to get from the port of Premiership favourites to the bay of mediocrity it'll probably take another 3 years to get there. Fingers crossed, and pass the seasick tablets please.

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:20 pm

5 years since they last played semi finals. When half of the teams in the comp make it every year, something isn't going well when you can go that long and not even scape into 8th spot at least once.

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:25 pm

Don't think we will scrape this year either
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:37 pm

I think that the side is still hamstrung by some of the dodgy contracts that were offered to players between 2012 and now. I hope all contracts offered now are based on a realistic appraisal of what players are worth and not backended deals based on some miracle view that somehow the salary cap will be increased by 150% over the next 3 years.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:40 pm

what the hell did i just read.....

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 11:52 pm

NJLM78 wrote:5 years since they last played semi finals. When half of the teams in the comp make it every year, something isn't going well when you can go that long and not even scape into 8th spot at least once.
We've not really come close either, and hard to see when the next such opportunity will be.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:19 am

doublesonthemain wrote:Well another disappointing loss but is it time to panic, to jump ship? Obviously not, a win next week against an improving Knights team and a win against the Storm on a Sunday arvo at Leichhardt will be the perfect tonic for everyone. And if we do win those games (please, please, please let it be so) can we make the finals? Of course it does however unlikely it seems. But regardless of those results ask yourselves was this ever going to be a quick fix? The Tigers were a listing ship going back to 2012 when after being made favourites for the Premiership could finish only 10th losing 8 of their last 11 games in the process. That was the start of the rumours of players being unhappy, Gibbs and Fifita released (Ehem! Not a good idea that) so Adam Blair could come to the club and later that year Heighington and Ryan on the outer. The Sharks were circling the ship but Heighno and Beau had little choice but to dive in and join Gibbo. The same year saw Sheens get the sack and his replacement, Mick Potter, getting the call up late to take over. All the while Sheensy's on the big dough from the Tigers whilst our Management argue about the course the ship should take and what great back-ended deals they've approved for some of our players still at the club and some not at the club. Good luck Mr Potter but he was still to find out that the good ship Wests Tigers was taking on some serious water. A year later Benji's benched or just a little seasick, and CEO Grant Mayer is thinking of moving to Campbelltown (not). The team finishes 15th after winning just 7 games and conceding only 687 points? Hmmm, David Kidwell's defensive coaching seems to have more of a natural disaster influence than a Storm influence. Anyway onwards and upwards to 2014. Benji's gone to Union (ehem! Not a good choice that one) and Koroibete is released to the Storm (ehem! Not a good choice that one)? The NRL sends help because those on board in charge have lost almost all sense of perspective. "Hard to port!". "No, hard to starboard!". And then there's Mick Potter & Robbie Farah discussing whose turn it is to steer the ship out of trouble. In July poor Liam Fulton says "This headache is killing me, I think I'll sit out the rest of the voyage". And so after the Tigers finish 13th but with the worst defence in the league it's Potter overboard! But Jason Taylor comes aboard, says to Robbie "I'll give it a shot matey", and grabs the wheel. Adam Blair swims to Brisbane, it seems the dip does him the world of good too because he kills it up there. Bodene Tomson watches Blairy and thinks "hey, that's not a bad idea but I think I'll head home" he dives in and swims to New Zealand. Anyway Taylor takes over and says he'll improve the defence which he does but by the end of the year the team has finished 15th and Robbie wants to steer that wheel again but that's not in JT's plans. This upsets the passengers who believe Robbie has the right to do as he pleases because it's probably more his ship than JT's anyway. But come 2016 things are better. Big, loveable Aaron Woods is the new captain, Robbie's still able to have a turn on the steering wheel and Justin Pascoe is doing a good job trying to ensure staff and passengers are happy. The ship seems to be righting itself at last but how long will it take to get to its destination, the sunny isles of Finalsfootyland? Well it might take a little longer than we hoped but I'm thinking if it took 3 years to get from the port of Premiership favourites to the bay of mediocrity it'll probably take another 3 years to get there. Fingers crossed, and pass the seasick tablets please.
There's no way anyone actually read all this.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:23 am

I read it and wish I didn't...................

few pleb users making posts tonight, unfamiliar names.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 1:53 am

Was the Isle of Finalsfootyland where Gilligan and the professor etc were stranded?

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 2:10 am

TLDR

gallagher
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 2:21 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:TLDR
Damn straight.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 2:24 am

You think i'm going to decipher that at 2 30 in the morning after a night on the drink you got another thing coming.

hobbo
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 2:36 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:TLDR
X2

Paragraph's :roll:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:16 am

After reading all of that(yes i actually did) i think the op should walk the plank.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:15 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:You think i'm going to decipher that at 2 30 in the morning after a night on the drink you got another thing coming.
Try writing it in the same condition but an hour or two earlier. Actually, I'd rather read it after drinking because reading it now is pretty tough.

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:26 am

From faves to busteds in 3 years means returning to faves again is gonna take a whole lot more than 3 years. Probably more like 10.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:44 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:You think i'm going to decipher that at 2 30 in the morning after a night on the drink you got another thing coming.
And I'm sure the OP cares. It was a funny read,better than the emo killjoys who insist that the sun will fail to rise the .morning after yet another loss.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:02 am

Fade To Black wrote:
And I'm sure the OP cares. It was a funny read,better than the emo killjoys who insist that the sun will fail to rise the .morning after yet another loss.
Oh diddums. Go buy a sense of humour

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”