Farah

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Farah

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:07 pm

tig_prmz wrote:ennis had the points on farah yesterday but farah was definitely one of the better players for us yesterday. his service was good, kicking game excellent and amazing defense.

really think an ennis/farah combo at origin could work well.
I did not mind Farah and Ennis having a giggle when Ennis milked that penalty from Farah marking - cant expect grown men to be at each other's throats whole career. With Farah no longer being captain he can enjoy and loosen up a bit.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:09 pm

The complaint against Farah last year was that as captain he had the guys walking on eggshells when they not performing well. Well apparently that is mild comparing with Souths, over there at half time they throw chairs at their non performers.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:10 pm

Ennis is even worse with the no punch rule.
They should make an exception in his case.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:18 pm

FARRAH=TRLP( Talented Rugby League Player)in a young learning team...

ENNIS= SP( SERIAL PEST)in a team full of equal pests....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:21 pm

ennis is a massive pest but honestly i reckon he was the best hooker last year
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Magpie Magic
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:28 pm

Farah improved on last week and was missed when off.
Sadly Cherrington oozes reserve grade to me.
Farah looks sad on field. Woods is not delivering as captain and stripping captaincy from Farah has detracted from his game.
The referring was pathetic last 2 weeks. Taylor going along with refs isn"t working and Woods isn"t making any impact on them.

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:34 pm

Says doesn't want to start a Farah bashing thread but then starts one anyway :lol:

Robbie had a good game, yet still warrants a bashing thread. No where near his best but he had a very good game and done some good things.

These so called fans need to give themselves an uppercut or 1000. Seriously pathetic.

The OP got one thing right though, Ennis is well ahead of Robbie these days.

It's funny that when Robbie was light years ahead of Ennis, Ennis was the origin hooker. Now that Ennis has surpassed Robbie, they pick Robbie. No wonder we only win a series every 8 years these days... The same thing will happen to Tedesco
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:52 pm

i wish everyone played at farahs level yesterday we wouldnt be talking about a loss today.He wasnt at his best but was still one our better players

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:52 pm

People are forgetting that Farah is returning from a major operation and needs some more fitness under his belt....when that comes you watch the difference in his game,and he was pretty good yesterday in a losing side...also this is his first year without the captaincy and he could be finding it difficult to shake old habits,this team is definitely a top 8 team they just need to learn to cut the errors and play for 80 minutes......improving their game and becoming a lot more competitive during a game is up to them,at the moment this whole squad hasn't anyone in the lower ranks good enough to compete against them so they seem complacent....when we have money to buy solid FG recruits they may start thinking about their careers.....just my opinion....but who really cares about that.. ;)
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 1:15 pm

gallagher wrote:I'm sure he did exactly what has been asked of him by Taylor. I thought he had a good solid game.
I am not sure Taylor did what was expected of him yesterday!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 2:33 pm

TrueTiger wrote:People are forgetting that Farah is returning from a major operation and needs some more fitness under his belt....when that comes you watch the difference in his game,and he was pretty good yesterday in a losing side...also this is his first year without the captaincy and he could be finding it difficult to shake old habits,this team is definitely a top 8 team they just need to learn to cut the errors and play for 80 minutes......improving their game and becoming a lot more competitive during a game is up to them,at the moment this whole squad hasn't anyone in the lower ranks good enough to compete against them so they seem complacent....when we have money to buy solid FG recruits they may start thinking about their careers.....just my opinion....but who really cares about that.. ;)
He did his PCL (and had no operation)

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 4:19 pm

I have been quite critical of Farah in the past, but I thought he played a very good game for us yesterday. Bar the few penalties, he was great, he altered his normal game of playing the pigs in tight and it payed dividends. Kudos to him... honestly.

Some people find it hard to notice a solid part player, and wont rate his performance because he wasnt spectacular individually. He stepped out of DH which slowed the defensive line, he service was abnormally sharp, his runs were astute, and he tackled his ass off.

You dont have to stand out to have a good game. How the game deteriorated after Mania came off is testament to how well he was going.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 9:15 am

Good post B&W an accurate read of his game last week. He played well.
As for him and Ennis laughing, both knew that Rob got played through the ref. They were just acknowledging that. I can imagine Ennis said 'gotcha' and Rob replied 'yep you did you ####'. :-)

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 9:26 am

WTDiehard wrote:This is not meant to be a "bash Farah thread".

Its very noticable that Farah is not the player he used to be. Thought Ennis was all over him last nite. In fact if SOO was picked on form only, it would be difficult to pick Farah over a few hookers ATM.

Can't remember the last time he broke the line or was sharp around the ruck and play the ball. He's got a big heart but don't know if his heart in 100% in it anymore.

Don't know if Taylor has ground him down but he doesn't look the happiest player on the ground ATM. Throw in 3 penalties against his name last night and it starts to reflect quite badly on his overall performance.

All players eventually get past their best. Just a pity when they cost you $900k a year.

Robbie was one of our best. What game were you watching?

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 9:36 am

Tony33 wrote:Says doesn't want to start a Farah bashing thread but then starts one anyway :lol:

Robbie had a good game, yet still warrants a bashing thread. No where near his best but he had a very good game and done some good things.

These so called fans need to give themselves an uppercut or 1000. Seriously pathetic.

The OP got one thing right though, Ennis is well ahead of Robbie these days.

It's funny that when Robbie was light years ahead of Ennis, Ennis was the origin hooker. Now that Ennis has surpassed Robbie, they pick Robbie. No wonder we only win a series every 8 years these days... The same thing will happen to Tedesco

I don't think Ennis has surpassed Robbie at all. The only thing Ennis excels in, is in niggling.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 9:39 am

sheer64 wrote:
gallagher wrote:I'm sure he did exactly what has been asked of him by Taylor. I thought he had a good solid game.
I am not sure Taylor did what was expected of him yesterday!
Touche... That bench he chose was a joke.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 9:42 am

Robbie did some good things on Saturday. He put in some good kicks and had his halves coming forward more than the week before. When he ran from DH to set up Halatau/Ava [no sure who coughed it up] it was a perfect play from Robbies perspective.

He is still a very good dummy half player, I just dont see him as an 80min player, but have been of that opinion for 2 years.

Origin? Regardless, NSW will need 2 DH if they want to beat Qld, so why not pick Farah & Ennis?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 07 Apr, 2016 10:23 am

tigerap wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:People are forgetting that Farah is returning from a major operation and needs some more fitness under his belt....when that comes you watch the difference in his game,and he was pretty good yesterday in a losing side...also this is his first year without the captaincy and he could be finding it difficult to shake old habits,this team is definitely a top 8 team they just need to learn to cut the errors and play for 80 minutes......improving their game and becoming a lot more competitive during a game is up to them,at the moment this whole squad hasn't anyone in the lower ranks good enough to compete against them so they seem complacent....when we have money to buy solid FG recruits they may start thinking about their careers.....just my opinion....but who really cares about that.. ;)
He did his PCL (and had no operation)
Robbie had arthroscopic surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee Tigerap.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”