Farah

WTDiehard
Been liked: 1 time

Farah

Unread post by WTDiehard » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:33 am

This is not meant to be a "bash Farah thread".

Its very noticable that Farah is not the player he used to be. Thought Ennis was all over him last nite. In fact if SOO was picked on form only, it would be difficult to pick Farah over a few hookers ATM.

Can't remember the last time he broke the line or was sharp around the ruck and play the ball. He's got a big heart but don't know if his heart in 100% in it anymore.

Don't know if Taylor has ground him down but he doesn't look the happiest player on the ground ATM. Throw in 3 penalties against his name last night and it starts to reflect quite badly on his overall performance.

All players eventually get past their best. Just a pity when they cost you $900k a year.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:38 am

Considering you didn't want to start a 'bash Farah' thread then why did you?
He was one of our best players yesterday - where do you put the rest of the team?
He's certainly not to blame for the loss.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:38 am

I thought he was a lot better last night and I was critical of him last week. Got us over the advantage line well enough,

People want him to not overplay his hand and he did that. Maybe he should have put a few kicks in as our halves decided kicking on the last was not needed at times.

Agree re Ennis though has been far superior the last 2 years.

Joe's Tigers

Unread post by Joe's Tigers » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:47 am

I was waiting for another Farah bashing thread and here it is. I'm surprised it has taken this long. It's pathetic and discraceful. Th guy improves from his last performance but so called supporters can't help themselves.

And Ennis is a muppet and will never be in Farahs class.

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:47 am

He was better than last week, though still doesn't look 100% fit. Ennis won on points yesterday.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:53 am

A managerial type guy told me months ago that how could Farah go out and "die" for the club after JT episode. But did he with Woods pass around set up one of the tries? Were those 3 penalties throughly deserved and why wasn't Ennis penalised for interfering with one of our defenders against Barba? If that try was disallowed it could have been a different game. Then you would be blaming Ennis.

But I can still see your point, I think needs a few games along with what Russell was saying in Moses thread to sort things out. I am not sure if have best coach to do so - who ever had a hand in choosing the new captain I don't have that much faith in.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 10:58 am

Farah was great yesterday and I criticised his performance last week. Great in defence, ran strongly and put people over the advantage line. Its a simple equation really in out own half the attack should run out of Farah and in the opposition half it should revert to Brooks/Moses.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:05 am

I thought Farah went well, not at his best yet but still makes a positive difference. As for Ennis, the ref regularly spoke to him about his behaviour and threatened to penalise him but all talk no action.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:06 am

Just as Ennis yesterday should have been penalised for interfering with a defender he has consistently over the years gave away deliberate penalties in SOO, he cant help himself - and years ago Bulldogs were my second team when at their best and I had strong links in the area.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Nelson
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:11 am

Ennis has had some ordinary patches of form over his career and has been a complete dud at SOO level, but there's no great shame in being outpointed by Ennis in a club game at the moment. He's been fantastic for Cronulla over the last year and a bit. I can't stand the bloke and I don't think he has any great natural talent (other than a talent for being a jerk), but he's performing well.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:18 am

cunno wrote:I thought Farah went well, not at his best yet but still makes a positive difference. As for Ennis, the ref regularly spoke to him about his behaviour and threatened to penalise him but all talk no action.
I agree... Robbie was one of our best

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:20 am

Ennis has a perfect storm of a situation at Cronulla. Plays alongside numerous other pests like Gallen and Fifita, has a coach that promotes their preferred disruptive style of play and doesn't have much expectation in terms of media pressure or SOO hopes (given that Daley picks the team in pre-season).
The Sharks main MO is to niggle and rile the opposition into errors, and they worked us over perfectly yesterday - was very disappointing that we fell for their antics.
It's the main reason I don't think they'll come close to winning anything anytime soon - when the going gets tough, this style of football just won't work.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:21 am

He was alright. I'm not sold at all on Cherrington yet. Ballin should come in for him as soon as he gets some match fitness in the lower grades.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:24 am

Gee, I was just thinking we might be better playing Farah for 80 minutes just at the moment.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:26 am

Cherrington needs state cup minutes to get match fit. Some of his defence last night was terrible. I am starting to think that Liddle is the better long term hooking option

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:41 am

ricksen wrote:Ennis has a perfect storm of a situation at Cronulla. Plays alongside numerous other pests like Gallen and Fifita, has a coach that promotes their preferred disruptive style of play and doesn't have much expectation in terms of media pressure or SOO hopes (given that Daley picks the team in pre-season).
The Sharks main MO is to niggle and rile the opposition into errors, and they worked us over perfectly yesterday - was very disappointing that we fell for their antics.
It's the main reason I don't think they'll come close to winning anything anytime soon - when the going gets tough, this style of football just won't work.
I think you are close to the mark with this comment ricksen, they niggle and mouth off continuously and after a couple of 'stinks'I saw Eniis and others have a chuckle (through the binoculars) obviously gloating about úpsetting' our blokes into retaliating (the wrong way). As much as I am a Jesse Sue fan, he needs to be mindful of his discipline, too easily bated last night.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 11:59 am

ennis had the points on farah yesterday but farah was definitely one of the better players for us yesterday. his service was good, kicking game excellent and amazing defense.

really think an ennis/farah combo at origin could work well.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

gallagher
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:04 pm

I'm sure he did exactly what has been asked of him by Taylor. I thought he had a good solid game.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”