WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 5:34 pm

Sounds like JT is taking three extra outside backs on the bus to Newcastle and even he's not sure about our backline. Guess that's one way to keep the backup players hungry for selection.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 6:47 pm

Hopefully Addo-Carr or Heleta get a run. Milone can ride the pine in his civvies.

marzie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 7:10 pm

So if teddy is out will probably be?

1. Rankin
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milone
4. Naiqama
5. Addo-Carr

Nelson
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 7:22 pm

marzie wrote:So if teddy is out will probably be?

1. Rankin
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milone
4. Naiqama
5. Addo-Carr
Sadly yes, I think that's what it will be if Teddy is out.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 8:07 pm

Rest easy folks...

Tedesco right for Knights clash: Taylor
Sat 09 Apr, 2016, 1:47pm
James MacSmith

Star fullback James Tedesco is set to overcome a hip injury to take his place in the Wests Tigers' side for their trip to Newcastle on Sunday.

Tedesco has battled a hip flexor injury since the Tigers' last start NRL loss to Cronulla.

But coach Jason Taylor said on Saturday he was confident Tedesco would take his place at the back in the joint venture's side for their round six visit to Hunter Stadium.

"The week has been a little disjointed because Teddy hasn't done much with us," Taylor said.

"But we are confident he will play, he is a 90 per cent chance of playing. He just has to get through training today and pull up well in the morning and he will be playing."

The slick No.1 is a vital part of the Tigers side. Since the start of last season, Tedesco has scored 24 tries in 29 games, including 13 tries in his past 12 games.

He is the Tigers' key attacking threat, but he is also one of their toughest players, according to Taylor.

"Toughness is a massive part of his game," Taylor said.

"I think he showed a few weeks ago with some of those trysaving tackles he made what a great defensive player he is. He puts his body on the line every time he runs the ball and he does it in defence too."

Tariq Sims returns from suspension for the Knights, who have only one point from a round three golden point draw at Hunter Stadium against Canberra to show for their efforts so far in 2016.

Star halfback Trent Hodkinson said they would take plenty from last week's narrow loss to the Storm, arguably their best effort of the year.

"The mood has been great coming back from those eight days away," Hodkinson said.

"It was a great time to bond with the teammates and I think we can take a lot of confidence out of that Melbourne game."

THE STATS THAT MATTER

* Since winning its first four games at the beginning of last season Newcastle has won just four of 25 matches (with one draw)

* Newcastle has the worst defence in the NRL in 2016, conceding the most points (32 per game) and tries (5.6 per game).

* Aaron Woods has run for over 150 metres in each of his past six games. He leads all forwards in the NRL this season for run metres (933).

* Stats courtesy Fox Sports Stats

happy tiger
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 8:12 pm

He won't be at 100% , but even at 60% he is three times better than any other option we have

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 9:23 pm

so watson heleta, parahi, JAC and milone all travelling with first grade?

damn, hope no more injuries in the backline.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

guyofthetiger

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 9:48 pm

As awful as the alternatives are looking, I hope a desperate Taylor doesn't risk Tedesco
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Muffstar

Unread post by Muffstar » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 9:59 pm

guyofthetiger wrote:As awful as the alternatives are looking, I hope a desperate Taylor doesn't risk Tedesco
Nah all good Taylor has the full backing of the board so he would not do anything silly like playing 3 hookers again nor risking his key player.........or would he ?

Cosimo_Zaretti

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 10:03 pm

tig_prmz wrote:so watson heleta, parahi, JAC and milone all travelling with first grade?

damn, hope no more injuries in the backline.
Yep they'll be numbered to 25 in the warmup.

Muffstar

Unread post by Muffstar » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 10:07 pm

I am sure Lovett at centre will be dynamic.

Chipofftheoldblock

Unread post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 10:38 pm

You have to wonder being a new recurit to Tigers how you can break into this team if Milone is taken ahead of you.
Milone is right up there along side Lovett as the worst 1st grade players to play with the tigers. They are both ordinary and i am at a lost if either Lovett or Milone is starting in the centres.

MacDougall
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 10:55 pm

Heleta for Simona being the only change would be wonderful.

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 12:17 am

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:You have to wonder being a new recurit to Tigers how you can break into this team if Milone is taken ahead of you.
Milone is right up there along side Lovett as the worst 1st grade players to play with the tigers.They are both ordinary and i am at a lost if either Lovett or Milone is starting in the centres.
Wow! That is a big call. We've had some real clangers in our 16 years. You are putting both those boys in rarified air.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 12:42 am

coopy wrote:
Chipofftheoldblock wrote:You have to wonder being a new recurit to Tigers how you can break into this team if Milone is taken ahead of you.
Milone is right up there along side Lovett as the worst 1st grade players to play with the tigers.They are both ordinary and i am at a lost if either Lovett or Milone is starting in the centres.
Wow! That is a big call. We've had some real clangers in our 16 years. You are putting both those boys in rarified air.
I don't think Lovett is even the worst player we've seen in firsts this year. I don't mind if a reserve grader fails to set the world on fire either, every club has a Kyle Lovett or two on the books, and they make up the numbers when required.

Off the top of my head there are four blokes I'm genuinely ashamed to have associated with Wests Tigers, and they are John Hopoate, Craig Field, Robert Lui and Matt Lodge.

Kyle Lovett is just a hard working kid whose not quite up to playing in the NRL but has a good go every time he's selected.

krayola
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by krayola » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 1:32 am

Milone and Lovett are nowhere near the level of Anasta or John Morris. In terms of crap dished up per game, those two have to be near the top.

Winnipeg

Unread post by Winnipeg » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 2:58 am

I fear 'Tedesco is 90% right to play' translates from Tiger Talk into 'Tedesco has zero chance of playing'

Here's hoping that whoever comes in for Simona has a blinder - I have my opinions about some of our lower graders and whether they are anywhere near first grade potential, but we might as well stay positive at this stage - and it's a bit exciting to think someone new might come into the team and stake a claim to stardom

3 and 3 is a world away from 2 and 4 with a month of straight losses - big game

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 5:13 am

willow wrote:Rest easy folks...

Tedesco right for Knights clash: Taylor
Sat 09 Apr, 2016, 1:47pm
James MacSmith

Star fullback James Tedesco is set to overcome a hip injury to take his place in the Wests Tigers' side for their trip to Newcastle on Sunday.

Tedesco has battled a hip flexor injury since the Tigers' last start NRL loss to Cronulla.

But coach Jason Taylor said on Saturday he was confident Tedesco would take his place at the back in the joint venture's side for their round six visit to Hunter Stadium.

"The week has been a little disjointed because Teddy hasn't done much with us," Taylor said.

"But we are confident he will play, he is a 90 per cent chance of playing. He just has to get through training today and pull up well in the morning and he will be playing."

The slick No.1 is a vital part of the Tigers side. Since the start of last season, Tedesco has scored 24 tries in 29 games, including 13 tries in his past 12 games.

He is the Tigers' key attacking threat, but he is also one of their toughest players, according to Taylor.

"Toughness is a massive part of his game," Taylor said.

"I think he showed a few weeks ago with some of those trysaving tackles he made what a great defensive player he is. He puts his body on the line every time he runs the ball and he does it in defence too."

Tariq Sims returns from suspension for the Knights, who have only one point from a round three golden point draw at Hunter Stadium against Canberra to show for their efforts so far in 2016.

Star halfback Trent Hodkinson said they would take plenty from last week's narrow loss to the Storm, arguably their best effort of the year.

"The mood has been great coming back from those eight days away," Hodkinson said.

"It was a great time to bond with the teammates and I think we can take a lot of confidence out of that Melbourne game."

THE STATS THAT MATTER

* Since winning its first four games at the beginning of last season Newcastle has won just four of 25 matches (with one draw)

* Newcastle has the worst defence in the NRL in 2016, conceding the most points (32 per game) and tries (5.6 per game).

* Aaron Woods has run for over 150 metres in each of his past six games. He leads all forwards in the NRL this season for run metres (933).

* Stats courtesy Fox Sports Stats
One stat that we don't need is that two ( half )of those wins were against us.

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”