WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Tigermama

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Post by Tigermama » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:01 am

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
coopy wrote:
Chipofftheoldblock wrote:You have to wonder being a new recurit to Tigers how you can break into this team if Milone is taken ahead of you.
Milone is right up there along side Lovett as the worst 1st grade players to play with the tigers.They are both ordinary and i am at a lost if either Lovett or Milone is starting in the centres.
Wow! That is a big call. We've had some real clangers in our 16 years. You are putting both those boys in rarified air.
I don't think Lovett is even the worst player we've seen in firsts this year. I don't mind if a reserve grader fails to set the world on fire either, every club has a Kyle Lovett or two on the books, and they make up the numbers when required.

Off the top of my head there are four blokes I'm genuinely ashamed to have associated with Wests Tigers, and they are John Hopoate, Craig Field, Robert Lui and Matt Lodge.

Kyle Lovett is just a hard working kid whose not quite up to playing in the NRL but has a good go every time he's selected.

Chip's talking about on-field, not the off-field shenanigans.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:25 am

I think you are going off a bit early. Milone be was woefully underprepared last year and even though he frustrates me, Lovett is a trier and is only still very young.

Our worst player by far has been anasta.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:32 am

larrycorowa wrote:Our worst player by far has been anasta.
I think so as well. He was just so bad for us. I'm trying to think of someone who was worse and I'm struggling to think of someone.

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:13 am

stevetiger wrote:
I think so as well. He was just so bad for us. I'm trying to think of someone who was worse and I'm struggling to think of someone.
John Morris?

How that guy was allowed to stay in the first grade side was unbelievable.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:16 am

I have not read this thread so maybe being stated before but I think that this week is a make or break game for the WT, to lose 4 on the trot will deflate our team and cost us respect across the tournament. Heads should roll if we can't defeat Newcastle and lose in a poor manner.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:44 am

larrycorowa wrote:I think you are going off a bit early. Milone be was woefully underprepared last year and even though he frustrates me, Lovett is a trier and is only still very young.

Yep the hate for Milone is well over the top for a kid who only played a couple of games straight out of 20s.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 12:02 pm

BrissieTiger67 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
John Morris?

The only thing wrong with the J-Mo thing was where the coach played him
He gave it everything always

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 12:33 pm

I know there's another thread on Tedesco buried somewhere, but any further news on him playing today?
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 12:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
BrissieTiger67 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
John Morris?

The only thing wrong with the J-Mo thing was where the coach played him
He gave it everything always
Well I wouldn't say the only thing wrong was that, otherwise his individual performance would have shone though in some way and I never felt that.

The same could probably be said for anasta with regards to being out of position since he played his best games at five eight.

Not sure why I'm defending anasta when he was a grub who came to us washed up and at the end of his career and offered nothing.

Go tiges!

willow

Post by willow » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 12:46 pm

guyofthetiger wrote:I know there's another thread on Tedesco buried somewhere, but any further news on him playing today?
Teddy should be good to go. The bad news is that today's Sunday Tele has Milone listed as starting centre. Hope it's a typo cause we'll certainly have the most pedestrian left edge in the comp if he lines up next to Rankin.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 1:03 pm

southerntiger wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:I think you are going off a bit early. Milone be was woefully underprepared last year and even though he frustrates me, Lovett is a trier and is only still very young.

Yep the hate for Milone is well over the top for a kid who only played a couple of games straight out of 20s.
The hate is OTT, agreed, and tends to get a bit personal for these guys which I don't like.
That said, the situation in which he is getting selected ahead of some of these others is absurd IMO.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 1:14 pm

JAC is 18th man according to his instagram

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 2:36 pm

I love mining day at Newcsstle....so much orange!!! Makes me feel welcome in my home town.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 2:57 pm

If Milone is to play centre all we can do is hope that he bags a couple of meat pies and tackles out of skin. Good luck Nat.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 3:00 pm

Newtown wrote:If Milone is to play centre all we can do is hope that he bags a couple of meat pies and tackles out of skin. Good luck Nat.
I don't rate him, but I honestly hope he kills it for the teams sake. I just can't see it happening that's all.
Last edited by tigermac88 on Sun 10 Apr, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 3:00 pm

ricksen wrote:JAC is 18th man according to his instagram
that should mean he plays as simona was named in the 17 at centre?

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 3:01 pm

Milone in for simona only late change

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 3:04 pm

damn it.... JT going for the safe option ie defence