**Live game thread** Us vs the Knights

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: **Live game thread** Us vs the Knights

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 6:49 pm

I don't know about others , but if I see one more no look pass by a Tigers player I'll lose the plot

These blokes can't hit blokes five metres away when they are looking directly at the player , yet think it will all change if they don't look

If Brooks play 300 games as Watto suggests , I'll be watching the last 225 from Wolston Park (Callen Park for you Mexicans )


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2302
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 6:59 pm

happy tiger wrote:I don't know about others , but if I see one more no look pass by a Tigers player I'll lose the plot

These blokes can't hit blokes five metres away when they are looking directly at the player , yet think it will all change if they don't look

If Brooks play 300 games as Watto suggests , I'll be watching the last 225 from Wolston Park (Callen Park for you Mexicans )
I should be in callen park now but it was closed down years ago.Too many tigers supporters where going there after a game at LO

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 2406
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:20 pm

I remember a time where i copped it on this forum for suggesting Benji was hopeless then the tide turned. I remember a time where i copped it on this forum for saying Brooks is hopeless, i sense the tide is starting to turn.
If the head honchos in charge of retention in this club can't see that Brooks is ordinary then they need to get the arse too.
Brooks will lead this club into deeper depths than its already in if he stays, mark my words.
Please don't get me wrong, im not blaming all our loses or problems on him, it's way bigger than him, but he's just not the one for us.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2758
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:44 pm

Some opinions from today.

Milone, Halatau, Sue, the young bloke from Parramatta, Farah, Brooks, Sironen, straight to reserve grade.

Rankin is not a winger, but maybe he or Littlejohn to 5/8 and Moses to half.

Teddy played injured today.

Not much use buying players like JAC, the Manly boy and a few others, unless you give them a go to prove themselves. They could not be any worse than the above mentioned.

Cherrington and Liddle should get a go as well.

Some people on this forum have given the bird to our front row. Grant got belted from pillar to post, but kept going all day. As far as I could tell he did not have an error in him, unlike some others.

I am sure that most of us would like changes to be made. However, there maybe salary cap problems involved in the selections. If so, then we are in for a very long year. If not, then, I hate to say it, but Taylor may have to go.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4946
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:51 pm

magpiecol wrote:Some opinions from today.

Milone, Halatau, Sue, the young bloke from Parramatta, Farah, Brooks, Sironen, straight to reserve grade.

Rankin is not a winger, but maybe he or Littlejohn to 5/8 and Moses to half.

Teddy played injured today.

Not much use buying players like JAC, the Manly boy and a few others, unless you give them a go to prove themselves. They could not be any worse than the above mentioned.

Cherrington and Liddle should get a go as well.

Some people on this forum have given the bird to our front row. Grant got belted from pillar to post, but kept going all day. As far as I could tell he did not have an error in him, unlike some others.

I am sure that most of us would like changes to be made. However, there maybe salary cap problems involved in the selections. If so, then we are in for a very long year. If not, then, I hate to say it, but Taylor may have to go.
Welcome aboard Col, we have been waiting a while for you to come around, you are spot on with your summation, especially Grant, he was epic again.
Taylor has surely run out of excuses, he picks the team, he needs to wear this mess.
Go hard or go home


User avatar
Tigertigertiger
Member
Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue 27 May, 2014 11:43 pm

Unread post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:59 pm

Hats off to Tim Grant who had a real crack the entire time he was out there

Can't say much for the rest

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4237
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:02 pm

magpiecol wrote:Some opinions from today.

Milone, Halatau, Sue, the young bloke from Parramatta, Farah, Brooks, Sironen, straight to reserve grade.

Rankin is not a winger, but maybe he or Littlejohn to 5/8 and Moses to half.

Teddy played injured today.

Not much use buying players like JAC, the Manly boy and a few others, unless you give them a go to prove themselves. They could not be any worse than the above mentioned.

Cherrington and Liddle should get a go as well.

Some people on this forum have given the bird to our front row. Grant got belted from pillar to post, but kept going all day. As far as I could tell he did not have an error in him, unlike some others.

I am sure that most of us would like changes to be made. However, there maybe salary cap problems involved in the selections. If so, then we are in for a very long year. If not, then, I hate to say it, but Taylor may have to go.
Milone should never have been selected
Halatau is bench at best when you have no other options
Sue was concussed, but is still one of our few forwards who I would keep
Aloiai needs more time to develop but has showed some promise but also inconsistency
Siro to me is always disappointing

Farah maybe he will leave at the end of the year?
Brooks continues to be too large a defensive liability to carry unless he was scoring tries and setting them up regularly which he is not.

JAC should get a run as should Chee-cam

Grant is playing great for us.

Taylor I thought was safe until years end as part of the Robbie reunion but things are getting ugly.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4946
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:07 pm

lathami wrote:I reckon Brooke's has signed with the dogs, u can see it on his face!
They hate Taylor, and that's why he's going!
There have been quite a few reports from different media about Brooks and the Dogs, and the players hating the coach has been around a long time, too many stories to be all wrong.
Can't blame a lot of players for hating Taylor, I mean besides Buchanan, Lovett, Rankin and Milone he probably has little support.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:01 pm

I was going to do some fitness work tonight anyway, but after that game I needed to do hill sprints til I didn't feel angry anymore. Now I'm watching David Attenborough's Barrier Reef docco with very sore hammies and images of tropical fish soothing me. I also flew into Launceston this morning, and I'm in Deloraine for a few days. In this eccentric little Tasmanian town,no one cares about Rugby League.

Which is good because this is probably the hardest loss I've dealt with psychologically for a while. I was honestly blindsided by that one. No one's been beaten by Newcastle all year, and the Knights didn't play nearly well enough to win at NRL level, but we managed to let them win anyway. The Knights had tackle after tackle where there were no Tigers at marker, and we just gifted them the roll on, and then when Newcastle coughed up the ball, we found some way to gift them some more metres next time they got it. With that many gimme shots even Newcastle were bound to slip over and find themselves in the in goal eventually.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3279
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:33 pm

851 wrote:
lathami wrote:I reckon Brooke's has signed with the dogs, u can see it on his face!
They hate Taylor, and that's why he's going!
There have been quite a few reports from different media about Brooks and the Dogs, and the players hating the coach has been around a long time, too many stories to be all wrong.
Can't blame a lot of players for hating Taylor, I mean besides Buchanan, Lovett, Rankin and Milone he probably has little support.
Just conjecture as usual as spin to fit your agenda.

JT was dropping the ball, missing tackles, giving away penalties or kicking on the fourth tackles.

Can't blame players for hating Taylor ( so says you), I can blame the players for all the above errors though (so says me).

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:38 pm

What a pathetic display we put on (again). The team is getting worse each week and JT's team selections are mind boggling.
What a sad period this is. :(

rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:50 pm

There are a lot of overrated players in this side, can't hurt to try some more of the players we bought, doubt that we would do worse

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4946
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:19 pm

Russell wrote:
851 wrote:
lathami wrote:I reckon Brooke's has signed with the dogs, u can see it on his face!
They hate Taylor, and that's why he's going!
There have been quite a few reports from different media about Brooks and the Dogs, and the players hating the coach has been around a long time, too many stories to be all wrong.
Can't blame a lot of players for hating Taylor, I mean besides Buchanan, Lovett, Rankin and Milone he probably has little support.
Just conjecture as usual as spin to fit your agenda.

JT was dropping the ball, missing tackles, giving away penalties or kicking on the fourth tackles.

Can't blame players for hating Taylor ( so says you), I can blame the players for all the above errors though (so says me).
No JT is not dropping the ball and missing tackles, but he is not fixing the problem, and not dropping the players that are making the errors, ergo his fault.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25340
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:30 pm

I'd be embarrassed to spin fiction as fact... Bit it's the internet eh

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4946
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:I'd be embarrassed to spin fiction as fact... Bit it's the internet eh
If you are talking about me you got a hide, and I am not spruiking anything as fact
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:17 pm

rex2ce wrote:There are a lot of overrated players in this side, can't hurt to try some more of the players we bought, doubt that we would do worse
I wonder about the terms on MCK and Addo Carr's contracts should they be selected. Are they entitled to additional match payments that would put us over the cap? Could be that Milone, who is basically playing for an extension, turns out to be the hero this club can afford?

Image

Could the Tigers mismanage a salary cap to the point we're paying blokes to not play first grade even though we probably need them? It wouldn't be the first time, just ask Tom Humble.

tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 4:03 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:So Siro has contributed his mandatory penalty leading to their try. Geez I wished his dad played for the Roosters
It was the Josh A who was penalised for a high tackle. Sironen made a great low tackle and the second player wasn't required. If you are going to make a derogatory comment about his family, please get your facts correct otherwise your obvious bias just comes to the surface. Sue is the main culprit out therr.
Mate, I want every player In a Tigers jersey to shine. I don't care what race,creed or colour they are. But if Curtis had a different surname he wouldn't be in the NRL with us or any other team.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”