Nathan Milone

king sirro

Re: Nathan Milone

Post by king sirro » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:01 pm

tigerap wrote:
TIGER wrote:Not knocking him personally but how does a player of such little pace, footwork, size, natural football talent/nous make first grade in his position in this day and age?
It absolutely boggles my mind
Easy, become best mates with young up and coming "superstars" who make it clear to the club during contract negotiations you are their best mate

Do u honestly believe Brooks and Moses state in contract talks that Milone has to be looked after? Please.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:29 pm

TigerSkins wrote:I thought JT was a good goal kicker in his days, is he coaching our kickers how to goal kick ??
Yes, there was an article from the Tigers in preseason that said JT was doing 1 on 1 goalkicking with Jordan Rankin after each day's training.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:48 pm

Goose wrote: I think the reason he gets a run is that by all reports he does all the right things off the field.
I'd be doing all the off-field things right too, if it allowed me to keep drawing pay cheques disproportionately related to my talent.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:16 pm

TIGER wrote:Not knocking him personally but how does a player of such little pace, footwork, size, natural football talent/nous make first grade in his position in this day and age?
I'm trying to think what his first grade highlight reel would look like at this stage.

A couple of times he caught the ball, a few 5 metre hitups, maybe an effective tackle or two?

Again not knocking the bloke, just questioning how he makes the team

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:06 pm

Chadman's Ghost wrote:I'm not Milone's biggest fan. Heleta or Peni next week. Peni if it were my choice I think.

But, I'm not privvy to what goes on at training. perhaps Milone is a standout at training.

I am not going to call for wholesale changes. It would be nice to have a centre able to fashion out opportunities for Rankin who had what I thought was his best game this season.

It'll still come down to the forwards though. momentum. Without it, they won't get close to Melbourne.
Are they the training sessions that Taylor now says are soft. The only reason he would stand out is if they were walking through their attacking movements, otherwise he would not be able to keep up. The government should have a new add wher stoner sloth tries to play NRL. ;)

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:40 pm

I really feel for this bloke, especially after he dropped that last ball which, had he caught it, had the potential for a try. No, he wasn't very good but he did his best in what was only his fourth game at this level. Before he's chosen again, he needs to be an absolute stand out at State Cup but none of the other mooted replacements have really stood up at State Cup level either. One exception could be Josh Addo-Carr who, when warming up with the team yesterday, absolutely oozed pace but his defence may be questionable and I'm not sure how he'd go with bombs raining down on him even though he is tall. Rankin was bombed unmercifully yesterday and handled them without incident apart from the two ball fiasco.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:59 pm

Has he played in a winning team?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 8:56 am

Harvey wrote:Has he played in a winning team?
Nope he's 0/4. Worst part is he replaces Tim Simona, who of all players we have the worst record when out.

I suppose they are corollaries of each other: why is Tim Simona so important to the Tigers? Because Nathan Milone is his replacement.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 9:49 am

He is to the centres what Lovett is to the second row and Rankin is to the wing,Buchanan is to prop etc.etc...Steady Eddie would be more useful then this chump.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:36 pm

Goose wrote:Yeah, I dont rate Milone.

I think the reason he gets a run is that by all reports he does all the right things off the field.

When there is no clear option, coaches go with the bloke doing the little things right.

The thing for me is, that I reckon he has actually got worse each year since SG Ball. Im surprised he keeps getting picked. Ive been writing him off for years.

Perspective though. Our much more highly rated right edge had more opportunity and did worse with it on the weekend. So I dont think Milone was the reason we lost.
First - you're definitely right about the right edge. Whilst Naqaima was very good the first few weeks, he's been borderline terrible over the past few.

re: Milone, there obviously has to be something behind it, but I can't understand how he'd be the best trainer around when he looks so utterly unfit. I understand NRL is a level up from ISP, but he looks spent about 3 sets in. Uate's try was in the 19th min, and he was about 15m behind the play.

kafta

Post by kafta » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:42 pm

Chevy wrote:He is to the centres what Lovett is to the second row and Rankin is to the wing,Buchanan is to prop etc.etc...Steady Eddie would be more useful then this chump.
Steady Eddie would have a wicked sidestep.

everett

Post by everett » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:45 pm

From my conversation with former players the step up from Under 20's and State Cup is enormous.

How many of the touted Next Big thing actual make it?????????????

Need to give Edwards and Chee Kam a go in the top grade. They are part of the top 25
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

everett

Post by everett » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:45 pm

From my conversation with former players the step up from Under 20's and State Cup is enormous.

Need to give Edwards and Chee Kam a go in the top grade. They are part of the top 25
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:51 pm

everett wrote:From my conversation with former players the step up from Under 20's and State Cup is enormous.

100%
MCK is a proven first grader and wouldn't let anybody down.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:58 pm

MCK has to come in & so does Edwards, At least when Edwards tackles the opposition will know it.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 1:11 pm

I will fall off my chair if he is not named in the team today (Milone)

Will prove miracles do happen

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 2:50 pm

Winnipeg wrote:
I'm trying to think what his first grade highlight reel would look like at this stage.

A couple of times he caught the ball, a few 5 metre hitups, maybe an effective tackle or two?

Again not knocking the bloke, just questioning how he makes the team
Sounds like you are knocking him to me. That's ok you are entitled to do that, so why apologise.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 3:52 pm

I thought the first few minutes he made a few good tackles in a row, but after watching the replay of the first try, the missed ankle tap of an ageing front rower, then the lack of effort to get back in the D and they end up scoring on his side of the field is pretty disappointing.

You cant blame the loss on one player, its a collective, but if the other players are willing to accept that amount of effort...
Tigers for 2022!