Brooks has got to go

Kavi

Re: Brooks has got to go

Post by Kavi » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:15 pm

we just need to teach teddy how to kick
then we can just have teddy and moses and just fill brooks spot with a good second rower

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:17 pm

Under a quality coach you can see we have the foundations for a good team. Until the club has the courage to get rid of JT, not much can change.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:21 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Under a quality coach you can see we have the foundations for a good team. Until the club has the courage to get rid of JT, not much can change.
Just like they failed under Potter and Sheens? I'm not defending JT, but our problems go way beyond the coach. Our playing group are proven failures.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:37 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Under a quality coach you can see we have the foundations for a good team. Until the club has the courage to get rid of JT, not much can change.
I agree. He just can't seem to get us playing well. We have plenty of talent.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:40 pm

Yep. Well said. Moses stood up today and that try he set up and balls he threw to put Kev outside of his opponent were wonderful to watch. I could hear Gould's thoughts as Moses set up Tedesco's try. A very special talent. Brooks is very talented to but he needs the right coach.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:40 pm

stevetiger wrote:
I agree. He just can't seem to get us playing well. We have plenty of talent.
Oh yeah, Lovett, Siro, Brooks, Milone. That side was oozing class today. We're a one man team. Take out Ted and we're zeros.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:43 pm

Moses is right up there with Tedesco. He was our most dangerous player out on the field today.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:45 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Yep. Well said. Moses stood up today and that try he set up and balls he threw to put Kev outside of his opponent were wonderful to watch. I could hear Gould's thoughts as Moses set up Tedesco's try. A very special talent. Brooks is very talented to but he needs the right coach.
I agree. Moses had a bad game last week but today he turned that around. Brooks has plenty of talent. Robbie is a great player still. Tedesco is obviously special.

We have Naiqama, Simona and Nofo and even Rankin today was good. Our outside backs are quality.

Our forwards aren't that bad even though when we lost Sue and Woods it did hit us.

I don't understand all the excuses for Taylor. He has plenty to work with.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:46 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Moses is right up there with Tedesco. He was our most dangerous player out on the field today.
He was better than Tedesco but Tedesco had a quiet game.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:01 pm

Brooks and Moses both set up a try each today. Both also had some shocking moments (moses' cross field kick that nearly went backwards?)

One of Brooks' dropped balls was Farah giving it to him way too late, not sure what Farah was thinking - give it to your speedy half with some space, please.

agree that without Teddy we don't win a game all season. Maybe we could have won if Woodsy and Sue didn't go off but against Newcastle it's not saying much. I fear for our season

cat-party

Post by cat-party » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:10 pm

Watch Ash Taylor play for the Titans today in his 7th game of NRL, and then tell me Brooks is a good player.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:13 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Brooks and Moses both set up a try each today. Both also had some shocking moments (moses' cross field kick that nearly went backwards?)

One of Brooks' dropped balls was Farah giving it to him way too late, not sure what Farah was thinking - give it to your speedy half with some space, please.

agree that without Teddy we don't win a game all season. Maybe we could have won if Woodsy and Sue didn't go off but against Newcastle it's not saying much. I fear for our season
Brooks set up a try due to some of the weakest defence you'll ever see.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:13 pm

Brooks has been ordinary all season so far. Time to give Littlejohn another go. Brooks to regain form and confidence in State Cup.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:15 pm

Both the halves defence as gone backwards and back to bad habits as the season progresses

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:21 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Brooks and Moses both set up a try each today. Both also had some shocking moments (moses' cross field kick that nearly went backwards?)
That kick was a hail mary at the end of the game. You can't give him a hard time for that play.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:26 pm

There was talk we might go after Blake Green should either Moses or Brooks leave. I'd just go after him regardless. Play him at 6 and Moses at 7. There's really nothing else to be said regarding Brooks.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:35 pm

stevetiger wrote:
That kick was a hail mary at the end of the game. You can't give him a hard time for that play.
I'm not saying it was a bad option but it wasn't well executed. at least give Noffa something to run onto.

I'm not knocking Moses however, just saying neither of our halves were great today.

Moses has definitely been the better of the two this year though.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:41 pm

You try to find touch from a penalty and nearly kick it backwards ?
OMG, this kid ....