Natural Born Losers

WTDiehard

Natural Born Losers

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 6:10 pm

What can one say about this side.

Same stupid mistakes, same stupid errors, copped a try 5 minutes before halftime and virtually 5 minutes after half time as well....again & again.

What can you say.....just too stupid.

If you can't beat Newcastle you might as well give it away.

Notable Exceptions....Robbie & Grant tried hard all day.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 6:31 pm

Totally agree i live in Newcastle but stayed home but they played how i expected them to i went to Campbelltown last week and will be at Leichhardt next week but never watch us at Newcastle

Tiga89

Post by Tiga89 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 6:33 pm

Lol at thread name. Our discipline is atrocious and costs us all the time. We should of won but by the look of both teams we will be battling it out for the wooden spoon with them this year.

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 6:38 pm

Newcastle in the last 25 games.....have only won 5 games.......3 of them against Tigers.

What can you say about these losers.....if they weren't hungry for a big game today.....WHEN ????

We keep hearing how great our halves are.....yes, there's talent there but are they worth $600k a year each.....doubt it.

This team is just such a disappointment.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:04 pm

its really helps when the coach fields a s**t team every single week. but dont get me wrong the best players in the team were lovett and sironen, they provided so much impact from the bench.
what happened to a little thing called picking players on form instead of picking players that are 'Buchanans'

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 7:41 pm

WTDiehard wrote:Newcastle in the last 25 games.....have only won 5 games.......3 of them against Tigers.

What can you say about these losers.....if they weren't hungry for a big game today.....WHEN ????

We keep hearing how great our halves are.....yes, there's talent there but are they worth $600k a year each.....doubt it.

The Knights must be thanking God tonight that we are in the comp,
I'd say we've taken the favourite spot for the wooden spoon this year
We're certainly their bit*#es

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:29 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
WTDiehard wrote:Newcastle in the last 25 games.....have only won 5 games.......3 of them against Tigers.

The Knights must be thanking God tonight that we are in the comp,
I'd say we've taken the favourite spot for the wooden spoon this year
We're certainly their bit*#es
Yep and the worst part is the knights and their supporters had this one circled as a win when the draw came out.

If you get beaten by the knights you know you are bad. There's no running from it folks (and this is not being negative) we are the worst team in the comp. Let's not fool ourselves that the roosters are worse for example. Even without all their missing stars they still have way too much for us to deal with.

I have grave fears for when we actually play a good team. Because we haven't faced a really good team yet!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:57 pm

LOL...some seem to be just realizing something

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:04 pm

The club is a natural born loser. Of course that filters all the way down.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:07 pm

If anyone had hopes we would make the 8, I think today pretty much sums up where we are as a team.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:47 pm

We have won 10 of our last 30 games. While we feel disappointed in todays result, some team's supporters must be absolutely gutted when we beat them.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:58 pm

We'll probably still avoid the spoon, we have just enough good games in us every year to not be the worstest team.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:59 pm

We don't have any culture whatsoever. Well, we do, but it's a cancerous one.

The players call the shots here, they have since the Sheens days. That is what Marshall, Farah and co have passed down to the likes of Woods, Brooks, Moses and co. We're a professional boys club, the inmates run the asylum. JT, while he hasn't exactly helped himself at times, saw this coming in, attempted to make changes and pull back control to where it was supposed to be and people wanted to run him out on a rail. People wanted change but didn't want to get their hands dirty.

The playing group lacks maturity and are all entitled. Guys like Brooks and Siro are on big money and given us jack. Brooks especially infuriates me as he's done absolutely nothing to warrant the upgrade he's about to get, whether with us or another club.

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:49 am

Although Sue was probably suffering concussion ???? He also has been a big disappointment in recent weeks....too much dropped ball, too many silly penalties.......I wonder if he focuses too much on his trendy hairstyle and not enough in the areas that differentiate an average player to a really good player.

Sirro's backflip tackle ( will probably be suspended for that ) looked like a tackle from a really frustrated player. The fact is all of these guys now have enough games in the NRL to start showing how good they are. We seem to still be at the stage where they have their L plates on.

Luke Brooks showed for 5 minutes what a good player can do......problem is the game is 80 minutes, not 5 minutes....we really let Newcastle off today. A good side would have put the foot down across their necks and won easily.

We are just too inconsistent, too unprofessional and the players really need a huge wake up call. On that performance it is hard to say that any player in that playing group is worth more than $300-$400k and thats being really kind.

And as for playmakers......look at Mbye or Ashley Taylor.....these guys have less games than say Brooks but are streets ahead.....its just very disappointing and not good enough.

ps: teddy is the only exception to the above.....if every other player only played to half of what he produced we would have won easily and by Teddy's standard it was probably one of his quietest games....without Teddy we would currently be winless in 2016

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:49 am

NJLM78 wrote:We have won 10 of our last 30 games. While we feel disappointed in todays result, some team's supporters must be absolutely gutted when we beat them.
Seems like not that long ago JT was putting it out there that he should be judged on the stats. He certainly judged his predecessor on stats.

After 2 rounds I was pretty much back on board with him. How could I have been so blinded by two lucky wins?

I see the excused for Brooks and Moses seem to have subsided at last. They seem to wear a lot of the blame from week to week and rightly so given the hype surrounding them. If you demand the dollars then the fans demand results - No excuses.