Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 393 times

Re: Our Forwards

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:51 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:The off load and spontaneity has been coached out of this team.
On the contrary spontaneity is all they know. How many stupid passes that aren't on have we pushed inside the 20 in the four games?
I just checked...79....Kevvy had 6 yesterday alone...the tip on's basketball ally oops and kicks to nowhere look awesome on the highlight reel when they come off ...when they don't not so much...so yeah must be a coaching thing....which is really odd because Farah Brooks n Moses all praised the new guy Sandercock for his eyes up approach...

Oh and Hobbo Ava Grant Sue and Aloiai have plenty of mongrel ...just gives away stupid penalties ...give me the controlled aggression of Lawrence anyday...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Chadman's Ghost

Unread post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:00 pm

We still don't win 'the forward battle'. The players are there. It's a pretty decent pack, in reality.

But just when we find a team you could physically get on top of, like the Knights, instead of beating them into submission with deep runs & momentum, we get a little too 'creative' in our skill players & forget that guys like Woods, Grant, Sue & Ava have been giving solid performances, winning performances, only we don't stick with it long enough.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:48 pm

Geo. wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:The off load and spontaneity has been coached out of this team.
On the contrary spontaneity is all they know. How many stupid passes that aren't on have we pushed inside the 20 in the four games?
I just checked...79....Kevvy had 6 yesterday alone...the tip on's basketball ally oops and kicks to nowhere look awesome on the highlight reel when they come off ...when they don't not so much...so yeah must be a coaching thing....which is really odd because Farah Brooks n Moses all praised the new guy Sandercock for his eyes up approach...

Oh and Hobbo Ava Grant Sue and Aloiai have plenty of mongrel ...just gives away stupid penalties ...give me the controlled aggression of Lawrence anyday...
I agree

Mongrel gets you only so far and usually with Mongrel comes Uncontrolled aggression....so it's a fine balance.
Mongrel players don't mean there good footballers they usually cost there side more penalties than what not .
The way the game has become Mongrel hasn't got much room in the game anyway as No Shoulder charges are allowed , can't pick up a player in tackles , no fisties are allowed .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:17 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

I agree

Mongrel gets you only so far and usually with Mongrel comes Uncontrolled aggression....so it's a fine balance.
Mongrel players don't mean there good footballers they usually cost there side more penalties than what not .
The way the game has become Mongrel hasn't got much room in the game anyway as No Shoulder charges are allowed , can't pick up a player in tackles , no fisties are allowed .
Some players get away with it a lot better than others too.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

The Phantom
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by The Phantom » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:27 pm

Some of our forwards play well,but as a Pack...we get DOMINATED by the opposition.Is this due to lack of motivation from our coach ?

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 10:34 am

woods has been awesome all year. really picked up on where he left off last year.

unfortunate about sue, he's got a few head knocks this year now. 2nd best behind woods.

grant has been good all year but he was absolutely dominated in every tackle against the knights.

lawrence, he's still my man crush.

all the others halatau, siro, ava, lovett, aloaiai need to pick up their game. ava was very good last year but has dropped off this year.

our bench is letting us down a lot. i don't think forum's favourite MCK is the solution. neither is buchanan. you play with the cards you're dealt with and apart from a couple of positional changes, these are the best we have. they just need to play like they wanna win.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 10:43 am

If Graham, JGrant, Edwards and Griffin aren't better options than Buchanan, then they should be released. I read in one of the local papers out here that one of the group 6 sides big recruit was Ray Cashmere. We could get him back

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”