Farah lost us the game tonight

Harvey

Re: Farah lost us the game tonight

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:05 pm

TYGA wrote:Halatau, Naiquama, Lawrence, Farah, Brooks gave the game up. They stuffed up whenever we had an opportunity in attack and vice versa in defence. Watch the tape of Halatau's bad play the ball and put it on repeat. This game was and always was going to be an old fashion stitch up to sack the coach. It will serve us well in the end as Taylor won't be coaching next weekend.

This game reminded me of the smashing we copped against the Dragons before Potter was sacked. We were a joke.
I doubt that Naiquama would be angling to get the coach sacked. JT is the only coach that has ever rated him as a first grader. Halatau surely will be moved on at the end of this year & Farah should have been moved on at the end of last.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:08 pm

Sure Farah had some average decisions but he didnt cost us the game today - he wasn't one of our worst either.

There have been more than 13 others infront of him each week that have cost us more.

I haven't been his biggest fan with what happened last year but he isnt the reason we are losing.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:14 pm

Farah was near perfect. He was one of the few forwards who broke the line and got a pass out. What cost us the game was missed passes, a few missed tackles and Woods leaving injured. With Woods out Farah had to make more runs up the centre in the second half but he still gained many metres. Maybe he could have passed the ball twice more in those runs. If they all played as consistently we would have zero problems.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:24 pm

This Farah bashing is getting real tiring. We all know he's not a spring chicken anymore, WE GET IT!!!.
He's our best option at 9 so we just have to accept it, so it's time to stop the whinging, it's not as if playing Cherrington there for 80min is going to improve our situation.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:32 pm

TYGA wrote:Halatau, Naiquama, Lawrence, Farah, Brooks gave the game up. They stuffed up whenever we had an opportunity in attack and vice versa in defence. Watch the tape of Halatau's bad play the ball and put it on repeat. This game was and always was going to be an old fashion stitch up to sack the coach. It will serve us well in the end as Taylor won't be coaching next weekend.

This game reminded me of the smashing we copped against the Dragons before Potter was sacked. We were a joke.
You are off with the fairies Tyga.

Rowdy was one of our best and if you can't see that .....

If they sack Taylor - then this club really is a basket case.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:36 pm

Russell wrote:

You miss him letting Hopkinson walk straight through. Lawrence runs hard i'll give him that but we leak points on our left side with his lack of lateral movement.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:39 pm

Harvey wrote:

I doubt that Naiquama would be angling to get the coach sacked. JT is the only coach that has ever rated him as a first grader. Halatau surely will be moved on at the end of this year & Farah should have been moved on at the end of last.
Naiquama has been electric this year. We has terrible today absolute shocker. We have a history in doing this to coaches. This Newcastle team was weak and unlike some I actually think our lineup is not that bad. We need some back rowers and a few outside backs but we should be much better than Newcastle.

lathami

Post by lathami » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:40 pm

Russell wrote:

Please, what the?
Taylor needs to go 6 weeks in and were heading for the spoon!
Time to sign Cleary before someone else does!
If u hadn't already noticed we already are a basket case, and mainly because of Taylor.
How about supporting your players after that unbelievable reff call with the second ball? I'm sure every other coach would of hammered the peanut after that call.,
Taylor had loss the dressing room if u can't see that then u need an eye test...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:48 pm

TYGA wrote:
Russell wrote:

You miss him letting Hopkinson walk straight through. Lawrence runs hard i'll give him that but we leak points on our left side with his lack of lateral movement.
Yes and No Tyga

Put yourself in Rowdy's boots for a moment

Defensively inside him he has Sue , outside him he has Brooks , Milone

Just about Mission Impossible outside him , Sue was lazy on this occasion , didn't slide out

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:55 pm

happy tiger wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Russell wrote:

Yes and No Tyga

Just about Mission Impossible outside him , Sue was lazy on this occasion , didn't slide out
HT. Point well made and on second thought I agree with you. I like Lawrence we just seem to leak points around him and he is not good enough to cover for others. I suppose that cannot be expected due to bad defenders around him.

Putting in Milone (no fault of his) he is out of his depth defending with Brooks. For the life of me I can't understand how a better defender like MCK was not given a chance.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:01 pm

I think the appropriate name for Farah is Domino - he did not lose the game directly or by himself. However with what he is doing now at this stage of his career it is starting a domino affect.

Slow passes from dummy half puts untold pressure on the halves, limiting their thinking time.(Remember these 2 are not Andrew Johns and have his experience - can hear you all say "you can say that again" ).

The dominos keep falling, in turn they either pass to the centres or wide running back rowers (who now have the opposition in their faces) putting them under pressure. So they do nothing and get tackled, drop the ball (or knock on) and we start the domino roll all over again.

So back to the halves who get smashed if they don't offload quickly putting others under pressure, they try and put a kick in but don't really have enough time to assess the situation, so it is usually a dud and on it goes.

Taking a couple of steps from dummy half and then passing is not on. Run or pass quickly - it is not that difficult. Playing for penalties should not be in his game anymore (he gets 1 in every 10). He really needs to let the play makers - make the play, not put himself in that seat inside the twenty (that is selfish). The halves will never learn if he keeps taking the initiative away from them. It is not as if he is doing anything brilliant.

There are stacks of other reasons why we lost today and they need to be addressed as well - without mass sackings.We'll need a vast improvement for our next encounter at Leichhardt.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:05 pm

lathami wrote:
Russell wrote:

Please, what the?
If u hadn't already noticed we already are a basket case, and mainly because of Taylor.
How about supporting your players after that unbelievable reff call with the second ball? I'm sure every other coach would of hammered the peanut after that call.,
Taylor had loss the dressing room if u can't see that then u need an eye test...
Taylor has not lost the dressing room because you say so. I think it is the opposite.

Are you going to pay Taylor's $10,000 fine if he has a go at the referees.

Wouldn't think so - and he is not getting paid enough to throw 10 grand away on deaf ears.

liltiger

Post by liltiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 5:57 am

His service to the halves is shocking way too slow his passing game has gone down hill this year and please don't get me started on his stupid flat passing to the forwards. I don't know how they havnt asked him to give them a bit more depth in the passes but I reckon 10% of the bloody things are line balls at best and I use the term line balls very loosely. Farah is way over the hill should have left when he got the tap on the shoulder an would have been remembered as a great now he will be remembered as a cautionary tale. The cautionary tale about playing way past your used by date.

liltiger

Post by liltiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:05 am

Russell wrote:
lathami wrote:
Russell wrote:

Please, what the?
Taylor has not lost the dressing room because you say so. I think it is the opposite.

Are you going to pay Taylor's $10,000 fine if he has a go at the referees.

Wouldn't think so - and he is not getting paid enough to throw 10 grand away on deaf ears.
I find it really hard to support "first" grade players that can't catch a ball then blame a second ball for their incompetence. Newcastle were winless leading into the game and you would be satisfied beating them because of a rule interpretation regarding the second ball. My point is games like that you don't lose good teams win those games outright we didn't deserve to win second ball or not we were pathetic and I hope we win the spoon to teach this lot to pull their heads in I reckon they brought into their own hype and it would be a really good reality check.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:11 am

Taylor has lost the dressing room???

I think some people need to go back and re-watch games in '08, '09, '12-'14 and you'll see games where it's quite obvious that the Tigers are not interested from the get go and we get pasted. Honestly I'm yet to really see that happen here.

Yesterday's game, the Knights on the attack, with 10 to go from memory? another set of 6 on our line, they threw it out wide........looked like their number 2 was going to score but gets bundled out into touch by 3 players not giving up. I'm just not seeing a "lost the dressing room" scenario on the field.

We've had 4 losses, which sucks, but our for and against isn't all that bad, for us at least........only -8.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:32 am

I think the title thread is misleading ...it should read... "Farah with all his guile craftyness experince and skill didn't WIN us the game"..

Perhaps a tad long tho...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 7:01 am

happy tiger wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Russell wrote:

Yes and No Tyga

True I'd put that on Sue instead of Lawrence. At the same time Sue probably shouldn't have been out there. Wasn't he concussed at that stage?

Joe's Tigers

Post by Joe's Tigers » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 7:13 am

Another redicoulos thread. Farah was one of the Tigers best yesterday. Obvious so called supporters have nothing better to do than to bash Farah time after time.

You are sounding like a broken down record and it's getting a bit tiresome.