2 Balls

Chevy
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: 2 Balls

Post by Chevy » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:41 pm

This is probably a one off incident that caught the NRL and the refs out,Morally it was pretty poor sportsmanship from Sims,then to deny it was deliberate and make light of it when you can clearly see him looking at the ball and kicking it towards Rankin was BS,the NRL should be tapping him on the shoulder and telling him that they dont condone or support that type of play.A word in the refs ear wouldn't hurt either,WT appeared disadvantaged by an illegal play yet were not given any benefit of the doubt .


Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:50 pm

It would have been better if the ball had hit Rankin (probably concussed him) but they would have had to have stopped play, well you think they would.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 7:14 pm

The worse thing was that d halatua was c at the time and hardly argued the point with bader.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:05 pm

Did Tony Archer have anything to say about it ?
The Fox Boys had a talking point after that incident and said we were hard done

In cricket when a fielder is about to take a catch the batman cant say "drop it", why does Simms get away with intentionally kicking the ball in the direction of the player about to take a catch ..

Its beyond me how nothing came of it and they got a try at the end of that mistake :(

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:06 pm

maxxy86 wrote:The worse thing was that d halatua was c at the time and hardly argued the point with bader.

Sometimes you can argue all you want like Gallen and nothing comes out of it


User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:09 pm

Goose wrote:Yeah unlucky for sure.

The fact that it seems (and almost certainly is) as if Simms intentionally kicked the ball in Rankin's general direction seems like it should be a indiscretion of some sorts.

It was crucial without doubt.

That said, Im not sure what should have happened.

Could have been a Deal ball like in Cricket ?
I think it would have been fair for us to get a set of 6 from there at least OR get a penalty ..
Refs just pretending they saw none of that. Even the video ref didn't intervene.. That was the worst for mine..

tigermac88
Member
Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by tigermac88 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:40 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Did Tony Archer have anything to say about it ?
The Fox Boys had a talking point after that incident and said we were hard done

In cricket when a fielder is about to take a catch the batman cant say "drop it", why does Simms get away with intentionally kicking the ball in the direction of the player about to take a catch ..

Its beyond me how nothing came of it and they got a try at the end of that mistake :(
Tony Archer has said he was fine with the call and that we actually were advantaged with getting a dropout. He said the correct call should've been a scrum to Newcastle 10 metres out.

69-05-41
Member
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by 69-05-41 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:22 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:Did Tony Archer have anything to say about it ?
The Fox Boys had a talking point after that incident and said we were hard done

In cricket when a fielder is about to take a catch the batman cant say "drop it", why does Simms get away with intentionally kicking the ball in the direction of the player about to take a catch ..

Its beyond me how nothing came of it and they got a try at the end of that mistake :(
Tony Archer has said he was fine with the call and that we actually were advantaged with getting a dropout. He said the correct call should've been a scrum to Newcastle 10 metres out.
... sounds like Tony Archer is inviting Tigers supporters to a game of Dodgeball at LO next Sunday! :righton:
"It is what it is" - Sharon, 2017

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18404
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:30 pm

It was a deliberate attempt to interfere with Rankin by bringing the second ball into play. Cheating if I ever saw it.

You watch the replay he shuffles and winds up for it. Deadset, Sims could line up next to Cahill for our next World Cup qualifier he struck it that well.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5712
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:43 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:Did Tony Archer have anything to say about it ?
The Fox Boys had a talking point after that incident and said we were hard done

In cricket when a fielder is about to take a catch the batman cant say "drop it", why does Simms get away with intentionally kicking the ball in the direction of the player about to take a catch ..

Its beyond me how nothing came of it and they got a try at the end of that mistake :(
Tony Archer has said he was fine with the call and that we actually were advantaged with getting a dropout. He said the correct call should've been a scrum to Newcastle 10 metres out.
So he was fine with the call but it was an incorrect call. He's setting some high standards.

tigermac88
Member
Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by tigermac88 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm trying to find the article I was reading earlier about it.. We all know Archer is as incompetent as his referees anyway. And I agree it was just cheating from sims, no other way to describe it

tigermac88
Member
Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by tigermac88 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:01 pm

gallagher wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:Did Tony Archer have anything to say about it ?
The Fox Boys had a talking point after that incident and said we were hard done

In cricket when a fielder is about to take a catch the batman cant say "drop it", why does Simms get away with intentionally kicking the ball in the direction of the player about to take a catch ..

Its beyond me how nothing came of it and they got a try at the end of that mistake :(
Tony Archer has said he was fine with the call and that we actually were advantaged with getting a dropout. He said the correct call should've been a scrum to Newcastle 10 metres out.
So he was fine with the call but it was an incorrect call. He's setting some high standards.
I can't work out how to bring the article across Gallagher but it was an sbs article

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5712
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:08 pm

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... den-archer
There you go tigermac88.
He craps on about a 'mutual infringement ' resulting in a scrum to the attacking team. How are we infringing with Sims kicking the ball. He made no sense at all.

User avatar
clifferdSH
Member
Member
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri 16 Sep, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by clifferdSH » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 9:19 am

The fact that it's never happened in a million years in a game of football would be enough distraction to drop what was a sitter

I don't think you can blame rankin at all

It should have atleast been a play restart

User avatar
WestsSupporter
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: New Zealand

Post by WestsSupporter » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 4:44 pm

All I have to say is screw the NRL. I still love rugby league but I'm finding myself watching less and less games by the week. This organisation can suck my balls.

Tony Archer is partially right - it happened in the origin decider, 2013, when the streaker ran on the field. In this instance, though, the infringing party is Newcastle: specifically Korbin Sims.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

User avatar
Sataris
Member
Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm
Contact:

Post by Sataris » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 5:40 pm

Someone who has a better grasp of the rules may be able to correct me,

Is this related at all to how the "attacking" team is defined in the rules?

I believe under the rules the attacking team is determined by field position rather than possession of the ball?

e.g. If you kick the ball into the referee it's a scrum to the attacking team,
So in theory on last tackle in the opp half just belt the ball into the ref and it should be 6 again...

In relation to the infringement of a 2nd ball, the scrum would go to the attacking team.. which is Newcastle.

But I'm not exactly an NRL Referee
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5244
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 5:45 pm

Sataris wrote:Someone who has a better grasp of the rules may be able to correct me,

Is this related at all to how the "attacking" team is defined in the rules?

I believe under the rules the attacking team is determined by field position rather than possession of the ball?

e.g. If you kick the ball into the referee it's a scrum to the attacking team,
So in theory on last tackle in the opp half just belt the ball into the ref and it should be 6 again...

In relation to the infringement of a 2nd ball, the scrum would go to the attacking team.. which is Newcastle.

But I'm not exactly an NRL Referee
What happened to "the first infringement" which was Sims deliberately kicking the into Rankin. Regardless of whether Rankin knocks on, grounds the ball in goal or Uate scoring a try - it should go back to the first infringement. Sheesh! Badger.

What does that make it 4 from 16 games under him now?

User avatar
Sataris
Member
Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm
Contact:

Post by Sataris » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 5:51 pm

Russell wrote:
Sataris wrote:Someone who has a better grasp of the rules may be able to correct me,

Is this related at all to how the "attacking" team is defined in the rules?

I believe under the rules the attacking team is determined by field position rather than possession of the ball?

e.g. If you kick the ball into the referee it's a scrum to the attacking team,
So in theory on last tackle in the opp half just belt the ball into the ref and it should be 6 again...

In relation to the infringement of a 2nd ball, the scrum would go to the attacking team.. which is Newcastle.

But I'm not exactly an NRL Referee
What happened to "the first infringement" which was Sims deliberately kicking the into Rankin. Regardless of whether Rankin knocks on, grounds the ball in goal or Uate scoring a try - it should go back to the first infringement. Sheesh! Badger.

What does that make it 4 from 16 games under him now?
I don't know, That's why I'm asking. It's the only way Archer's comments make sense.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Post Reply